As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Anyone who has used the Logitech G25 Race wheel

DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdooryou're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
Hey dudes,

I'm hunting down a Logitech G25 racing wheel and I wanted to find out if anyone here had bought one or used one and had a rough idea of how good they were, and which games you played on it?

cheers

Dhalphir on

• Options
    Rigor MortisRigor Mortis Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I have a friend who owns one and let me play GT5: Prologue with it. It was all that is good and right in the world. As soon as I arrived home I informed my wife that I will be buying one on Nov 2 come hell or high water.

Rigor Mortis on
  • Options
    fshavlakfshavlak Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It's a very good wheel. The H-pattern shifter isn't terribly solid but it does work.

The pedals are OK but not good (for good pedals you really have to shell out money).

And there is only one racing game worth playing. www.iracing.com.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_sRRvsyOX4&feature=player_embedded

fshavlak on
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I was thinking of picking up a G27 to use with iRacing, but yeesh, 300 bucks. Plus I'd need to get a much better set of peddles. I really do prefer the paddle shifters over the stick though.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    I was thinking of picking up a G27 to use with iRacing, but yeesh, 300 bucks. Plus I'd need to get a much better set of peddles. I really do prefer the paddle shifters over the stick though.

I'm thought that the G25/27 had paddles also. You could do the stick like a sequential, I know that much.

I'd love a nice set of pedals, but I don't play enough (I only run tests these days, when I've got some time) to justify the expense.

fshavlak on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I know the G27 has paddles, I thought the G25 was a stick. It's odd, I drive a stick in real life, but when I'm doing racing sims, I much prefer paddles, especially a racing sim like iracing that seriously puts the force feedback to work.

I'd really like to get a nice set of aluminum petals with a clutch. Heel-toeing is something I'm practicing right now, and it feels odd without my left foot on a clutch.

GnomeTank on
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    You were right btw, the G25 does have paddles as well as the stick attachment. Now I just need to find one that someone hasn't hammered to death. Kind of a shame Logitech discontinued it for the much, much more expensive G27.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    I know the G27 has paddles, I thought the G25 was a stick. It's odd, I drive a stick in real life, but when I'm doing racing sims, I much prefer paddles, especially a racing sim like iracing that seriously puts the force feedback to work.

I'd really like to get a nice set of aluminum petals with a clutch. Heel-toeing is something I'm practicing right now, and it feels odd without my left foot on a clutch.

Both the G-25 and 27 will come with a three pedal base, they just aren't terribly nice pedals (i.e. no load-cell brake).

That said, I've just got a Momo and the stock pedals. Can't justify an upgrade with how little time I spend with it.

I love the new cars, though, the Mustang is a ton of fun.

fshavlak on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    There is a guy here in town that has a barely used G25 for 150. At that price, I probably wouldn't feel guilty using just the wheel, and getting a nice set of aluminum pedals with good brake and throttle feedback.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Well, I've got my G25 now.

And can i Just say that I'm so glad I didn't shell out the extra (well, my fiancee bought it, whatever) for the G27. One of my friends has one, and while the wheel itself is quieter and a little better on force feedback, the pedals are largely identical (adjustable on the G27 though), the shifter feels more solid but this is achieved by sacrificing the sequential stick mode, and you gain some more buttons.

Not really worth a $200 price premium to be honest.

Dhalphir on