As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cake vs. Pie! [Mini Phalla] -Game Over! Serial Killer Victory, I guess Mafia wins too

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Prediction:

YOU BLEW IT UP!

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sorry, sorry, sorry. Vote was closed, but my computer died a little. Now it's up again, thank God.

Narration incoming.

daniant on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Day 4

The Tiramisu was starting to slump during the day. Dani tossed it in the trash on her way out the door.

At night, the Ice Cream stalked its prey. It lept! It made the Brownie a la mode.

In the morning the Key Lime Pie, was found with traces of cream cheese swirled in the middle of it.

In addition, the Bread Pudding had been smashed and was no longer edible.

Dani threw up her hands in disgust at the waste.

Spoit (Tiramisu Cake) –thrown out

Ebfan (Brownie) Mafia –killed by a Serial Killer
    Turkson (Key Lime Pie) –killed by the Mafia
    Farangu (Bread Pudding) Neutral Village Idiot –killed by Cake

Farangu cannot achieve his Victory Condition and loses!

daniant on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    PMs are out.

daniant on
  • Options
    DemuristDemurist Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Thanks Mr. Serial Killer! :D

Demurist on
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sorry Farangu, but I couldn't let you mess up the vote entirely for a day, nor did I want to hand you a win. It was a rather good play, but I'm just mean like that :P. (To the village, I didn't want to waste vote records or discussion for a day, but I didn't want him to stay alive because he could have a large potential for distraction/helping mafia, etc.)

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Well... lets start with romanqwerty!

And whats the guess here? 3-4 mafia + serial killer?

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    3. kime
    5. Dunadan019
    6. Rawwking Goodguy
    8. Demurist
    12. Capfalcon
    15. romanqwerty
    16. Void Slayer
    17. abotkin

Living people.

We are so screwed.

At this point, I need you to contact me if you haven't. Sorry to go all ultimatum, but we are at the end of our bounds now. If you wanna say "I don't want to tell you anything," that's your choice, but I want to get as much info as I can here.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Void Slayer

I contacted kime yesterday like a good little boy also....rawkking is totally still evil...pass it on.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    oooOOOooo
    Aww, we never found out what clarification denied meant
    oooOOOooo

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MegatinMegatin Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    OooOOO

JUSTICE

ooOoOoo

Megatin on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Dunadan019

Sheep, village, sheep

(Vote based on general suspicion and information of other players, not confirmed, but hey, time to make a decision)

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    mafia first Kime, then faction.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    I have no idea what you are. I have only passing ideas of who a couple others are. Everyone's story (except... one?) could be a lie.

Trust me, I'm perturbed enough about the mafia. I have no fear at all about the silly Pie people. They will see the light in the end.

One way or another

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I have an inkling that kime is mafia, but I might be wrong.

I hope I'm wrong, but I have work all night tonight and will miss almost everything. I will toss a vote onto Abotkin, and be done for now. Let's see a cake victory when I get home tonight! :D

Demurist on
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Demurist wrote: »

Vouched for by the confirmed seer.

That's as good as it gets in a Phalla game. If you still can't trust me, I think you have some unresolved issues :P.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Dunadan019

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    kime wrote: »

Vouched for by the confirmed seer.

That's as good as it gets in a Phalla game. If you still can't trust me, I think you have some unresolved issues :P.

It's clear that I have many unresolved issues, but the seer is far from confirmed. For all we know, Megatin likes lying for kicks. Maybe he rubs one out to people buying his story on internet forums. Plus with conversions in play...

I'm not telling anyone to vote for kime. That'd be silly. Just shooting the idea out there for the possibility of an "I told you so," after the mafia victory.

Demurist on
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    It's clear that I have many unresolved issues, but the seer is far from confirmed. For all we know, Megatin likes lying for kicks. Maybe he rubs one out to people buying his story on internet forums. Plus with conversions in play...

I'm not telling anyone to vote for kime. That'd be silly. Just shooting the idea out there for the possibility of an "I told you so," after the mafia victory.
    It's best to assume everyone is playing to their win conditions, otherwise the game falls apart and it all becomes a lot less fun.

Conversions don't affect primary conditions. Trust me, I'm well aware of this :P.

And I'm not concerned of me dying to the vote, just the vote hitting someone I am less concerned may be trying to make me look foolish than others (i.e. mafia).

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Dunadan019

One-word, sheepy votes do not a convincing argument make, !VoidSlayer

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    This is so going to be one of those times where no one listens to me and the village fails. :(

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    This is so going to be one of those times where no one listens to me and the village fails. :(

Well, that may be true, but, at this point, your guess is about as good as mine. I'm putting my money on Rawkking Goodguy and Void Slayer.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I have no idea what you are.

I wonder why.....
    I have no fear at all about the silly Pie people. They will see the light in the end.

One way or another

no wait, I figured it out.

not to mention that if I was mafia or the SK, the first thing I'd do would be contact you so I could manipulate you.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    Dunadan019

At least I am not making confusing lists without backing it up.

Capfalcon, dunadan and Rawkking Goodguy are the mafia.

See I can make baseless accusations too does that help?

Void Slayer on
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    ooooOOOOOoooooo

I'm not too sad that my ploy failed. First time playing a village idiot, and with PAX quickly approaching I figured I'd have to go for broke.

I'm more concerned with the fact that there are some people that make pudding from bread.

ooooOOOOoooooo

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Dunadan019

At least I am not making confusing lists without backing it up.

Capfalcon, dunadan and Rawkking Goodguy are the mafia.

See I can make baseless accusations too does that help?

You start the day with a random vote with no explanation and try to pass off an obvious conclusion as a useful contribution. Then, you jump on the bandwagon that the network put forth. Again, with no explanation. Trying to hide in a bandwagon is a pretty standard mafia move. The fact that the network put it forward is just icing on the cake.

But, you do make a good point. Rawkking isn't really likely to be mafia. You were on the bandwagon that was going to kill him, but you didn't switch off. Sorry, Rawkking, but no harm done, right?

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Both capfalcon and Dunadan voted spoit yesterday, who came up cake. Capfalcon's vote was in self-preservation, with the reasoning "Sorry, I don't want to die."

Dunadan has yet to vote for capfalcon, and capfalcon has yet to vote for Dunadan. Capfalcon decides to throw out a needless defense of me when I am in no danger of being bandwagoned.

Interesting.

Reminding all of you actual villagers out there that there is at least a cake vig still alive out there (the only cake who died last night died to the vote) as well as a guard as there is a missing mafia kill. The guard could be a faked mafia guard as there was no mention of a guard in the narration while there was mention of busdrivering in an earlier one. Still, I'm fairly certain kime has a better idea of who is likely to be a mafia with so many likely people alive. Certainly more than Capfalcon, as I know that at least one of those names is village :P

Anyways, if Dunadan is village we have probably lost. However, it seems odd that two other bandwagons have sprung up instead of people voting for who kime thinks is evil. All the mafia needs is one or two village votes scattered and they can control the vote easily, likely in a last-minute vote switch.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Void slayer is mafia.

also holy shit Demurist that is the most brazen, 'look at me i'm mafia' post i've seen in ages.

Kime, your Dunadan wagon is terrible. Dunadan was never gonna respond to your call out effectively, if he had...he'd of been mafia/ SK. Come on, you know these things, its dunadan.

P.S. Rawkking is still totally the most evil evil who ever eviled his evil evil.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Both capfalcon and Dunadan voted spoit yesterday, who came up cake. Capfalcon's vote was in self-preservation, with the reasoning "Sorry, I don't want to die."

Dunadan has yet to vote for capfalcon, and capfalcon has yet to vote for Dunadan. Capfalcon decides to throw out a needless defense of me when I am in no danger of being bandwagoned.

Interesting.

Reminding all of you actual villagers out there that there is at least a cake vig still alive out there (the only cake who died last night died to the vote) as well as a guard as there is a missing mafia kill. The guard could be a faked mafia guard as there was no mention of a guard in the narration while there was mention of busdrivering in an earlier one. Still, I'm fairly certain kime has a better idea of who is likely to be a mafia with so many likely people alive. Certainly more than Capfalcon, as I know that at least one of those names is village :P

Anyways, if Dunadan is village we have probably lost. However, it seems odd that two other bandwagons have sprung up instead of people voting for who kime thinks is evil. All the mafia needs is one or two village votes scattered and they can control the vote easily, likely in a last-minute vote switch.

I don't think you can assert that there is a guard left, since the mafia kills went 1-2-1...hell its the TWO kill night that was the outlier, not last nights. For all we know, the mafia have some bizarre abilities or choices of actions. Unless of course you know for a fact one of your mafia kills was blocked...Mr. Evil .....i should just put that in my sig shouldn't i.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    capfalcon has yet to vote for Dunadan. Capfalcon decides to throw out a needless defense of me when I am in no danger of being bandwagoned.

Well, I generally find it to be in poor taste to not fully explain your line of reasoning when you are accusing someone else of not explaining their reasoning. I didn't really think of myself flying to your rescue.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    ... :lol:

Just the conflicting things that you are trying to portray in your post, you're trying so hard man, too hard even :P

Anyways, thanks for the correction! Kime may not have a guard. The rest of my argument stands, and your throwaway vote on demurist is noted.

Edit: this post directed @ romanqwerty.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Do you (kime) have proper reasoning to suspect dunadan? it sounds like your just voting him because he didn't send kime anything, which i have first hand experience of dunadan doing as a villager (see dwarf fortress mini).

I made my suspicions clear, but if no proper targets make themselves known, i'll switch because you are correct we can't let the mafia decide who eats the vote by splitting our votes.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Well, that may be true, but, at this point, your guess is about as good as mine. I'm putting my money on Rawkking Goodguy and Void Slayer.

See below:
    I have no idea what you are.

I wonder why.....
    I have no fear at all about the silly Pie people. They will see the light in the end.

One way or another

no wait, I figured it out.
    Ignoring the fact that I was revealed several days ago and said that today, my bad for the confusion, that's what I get for trying to be evil-sounding in my posts :P. I just meant that since we have a conversion (and a vig, and more, etc. etc.) on the Cake side, I think by the time the mafia dies all Pies should be Cakes. Or we could just tell daniant to skip the extra day as we'll just convert the last Pie or whatnot anyways. Either way, I'm not concerned about Pies, I'm well aware that Cake is in a winning position as far as that is concerned.
    Kime, your Dunadan wagon is terrible. Dunadan was never gonna respond to your call out effectively, if he had...he'd of been mafia/ SK. Come on, you know these things, its dunadan.

To respond to you and Capfalcon, Dunadan is not getting voted for not contacting me exactly. It's just that at this point... well, there aren't many people. Sorry if it seems like I'm just killing blanks on the spreadsheet (assuming I had one), but when there are only a few left, that's the way it goes.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    OK,

dunadan then, but this is on your hands.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    OK,

dunadan then, but this is on your hands.
    I'm used to it. I do this more often than I think statistically I should be :P.

It's OK though, if a mafia doesn't die to the vote or the Cake vig, we have greater problems.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Void Slayer

I hate you Kime.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    good to know that Kime is AFK after I sent him the PM....

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Not a big fan of sheep votes, but Dunadan sounds as good as anyone else right now and I don't feel like thinking hard enough to follow everything people have been saying today.

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    well, I need to go to bed and I don't want to lose because Kime is gone.

this is the PM I sent to Kime
    Dunadan019 wrote:
    Fine, seeing as I'm probably the last Pie alive and I doubt the game will keep going if you vote out another villager, I am Rhubarb Pie. I have a Busdriver, I was attacked on day 2(3?) by the serial Killer which is how See317 died.

day 1: You and Lucedes
    day 2: me and see317
    day 3: me and demurist

so yes, I am the reason you got seered by Megatin instead of Lucedes.

now as for who you should vote for, I don't care but if I get voted out, I think its game over. 2-3 mafia and a SK left and the village has 1 vig and a wasted vote.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    by the way, the vote is 5-2-1 (me, void, abotkin)

Dunadan019 on