As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Red Dead Banana

JakesullyJakesully Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in Games and Technology
So Im playing Red Dead Redemption online last night, and a guy starts singing "I'm a banana, I'm a banana." Some nutty ass people play that game lol. It is quite fun though. Please share your encounters with online crazy people. "I'M A BANANA!!!!!"

Jakesully on

• Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You should probably keep red dead redemption discussion limited to the megathread for it. Here you go: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=122216

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I get the impression that's not what he wants the thread to be about, though.
    Please share your encounters with online crazy people.

Thirith on
    webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Thirith wrote: »
    I get the impression that's not what he wants the thread to be about, though.
    Please share your encounters with online crazy people.

Whoops, sorry, i suck dicks.

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Hahaha no worries man. Im new to this whole thing so its cool. Im just very interested in hearing some crazy people online stories lol. Peeps are crazy. I must say though that there are way too many people that are just ridiculous online with their trash talk and what not. Why they gotta be like that? I mean a little trash talk is ok, but I mean damn when it makes me not wanna play?! That shit aint right.

Jakesully on
  • Options
    SipexSipex Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'll share one I had in halo 3.

A group of friends and I were playing online team based slayer and we got a game against a pretty generic group with one member called "Grannyof5".

We start joking ala party chat and wondering if this person is actually a granny or if they just like their CRAAAAAZY names. You know.

So the round goes by and most of the team is utter trash except granny who pulls them through and gets 1/2 the kills. She wins the game for them.

At the end of the round via game chat we hear an elderly female voice go "These guys suck."

We laughed so hard.

Sipex on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Ahahahahahaha that is awesome!! Bad ass Granny.

Jakesully on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I was in a random last night in WoW, The Oculus. We killed the first boss, hopped on our drakes and flew up to the next area.

At which point someone asked if we could go for an achievement.
    Immediatly, our tank drops. We're confused, so re-queue and wait for a replacement tank. One shows up! And then a DPS drops. Our tank walks in the instance, doesn't say a word, falls off the platform to his death, then drops group.

We then re-queued. Seriously, who joins a group, suicides, then leaves?

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    An asshole. Period.

Jakesully on
  • Options
    LaPuzzaLaPuzza Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I tried, literally once, to play a game of 1-on-1 in CoD4. I joined the game, and my opponent, who I assume was 12, greeted me with "Whatup faggot?" My response was "Really? Really? . . . Reeeally?" He proceeded to produce a run-on sentence in which every other word was faggot.

I preceeded to back out into spectator mode instead of playing against him, then spent the whole round omnisciently stalking him while offering "helpful" suggestions. "You really can't get off a good shot from that hiding place." He'd move. "Your elbow is sticking out from behind that cargo cotainer, it'd be really easy to shoot you." "I don't think I'd have have brought that gun." He lost the ability to form words from the hate-stroke, and eventually rage-quit.

LaPuzza on
  • Options
    Penguin_OtakuPenguin_Otaku Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Recently there's a glitch in NCAA football 11 where you can pump fake it behind you, and your receivers streak down field and their secondary freezes and lets them go. A lot of players online have been cheesing and using this shitty trick. As with a lot of tricks in games in the past it caught me off guard, I lost a few games before coming wise to the trick and figuring out a way to stop it.

This guy started playing with his safety way the fuck back there and I was like... why? Then I realized he was a cheeser on his next offensive play. First two drives I passed it only once, ran it down his fucking throat. Told him to quit being a bitch and play like a man (text message on XBL.) He got up a score on me after I fumbled it, essentially giving him a win unless I forced a turnover... which I did twice and scored promptly and sat on it to end the game.

His messages were of, "You pussy ass bitch kept crying so I let you win." "You suck so bad." "You're trash."

I don't get the appeal of cheating to win. Granted I did use the trick to keep myself in the game at halftime, but it's justified then right?

Penguin_Otaku on
    sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    Chrono HelixChrono Helix Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sipex wrote: »
    I'll share one I had in halo 3.

A group of friends and I were playing online team based slayer and we got a game against a pretty generic group with one member called "Grannyof5".

We start joking ala party chat and wondering if this person is actually a granny or if they just like their CRAAAAAZY names. You know.

So the round goes by and most of the team is utter trash except granny who pulls them through and gets 1/2 the kills. She wins the game for them.

At the end of the round via game chat we hear an elderly female voice go "These guys suck."

We laughed so hard.

Her grandkids must love her.

Chrono Helix on
  • Options
    donhonkdonhonk Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    donhonk on
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I like Costanza. He's fun.

I also like whoever it is that plays as Sean Connery. I remember playing Zombie Panic, and he was named Sean Connery, and always in character as Sean Connery. Good times.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    ^ Hahaha... It's a jungle out there D:

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kyoka SuigetsuKyoka Suigetsu Odin gave his left eye for knowledge. I would give far more Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Several months ago while playing street fighter I came across an awful Ryu player who kept trying to get my to pull out a mike to talk to him.

I instead focused on winning the match and he settled on cursing every time he did anything

*jump* Bitch

*whiffed srk* Bitch

*wake up ultra* shit snorkeller

*loses a round* FUCK!!

Every time he did Anything and it was a five round matchD:

Kyoka Suigetsu on
  • Options
    Bacon-BuTTyBacon-BuTTy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Way back when, I was playing GTA4 online in freeroam with a bunch of random people.

One guy started repeating the words "Jemima PuddleDuck". He stopped attacking anyone and just started following people around repeating the words "Jemima PuddleDuck". Some people started laughing, others told him to shut up. But some people started joining in. Following him around while he followed others around, all repeating the words "Jemima PuddleDuck".

Now there's a group of six or seven people, all running around in a group, looking for people who aren't joining in, so they can follow them around, all repeating "Jemima PuddleDuck". Jamping around them, sprinting along behind them, even getting into the same car as them so they can repeat the words from the backseats, or following behind them in cars. Not caring if they get gunned down, they would just respawn, find the group again and go back to "Jemima PuddleDuck"

Curiosity is the only thing that is keeping me in this game, because there is no shooting going on anymore, at least nothing competative. It's just a crowd of people following others around and saying "Jemima PuddleDuck" and being shot, ran over or blown up by the person who is being followed.

Eventually I am the only one left who isn't part of the PuddleDuck horde. And they all turn on me. A giant crowd of players, all running at me repeating the words "Jemima PuddleDuck" is actually pretty unnerving. I decide to run. I am not joining in.

They follow me through water, over fences, across busy highways (some of them being struck down), they drive behind me in convoys of mopeds and taxis, one of them managed to get into my passenger seat - I gun it towards a river and bail out, sending him to his watery grave, still repeating "Jemima PuddleDuck" as he sped off into the distance, and right up until I heard the splash.

I eventually got into a chopper. They take so long to start up that the passenger seats were immediately filled with these PuddleDuck zombies. Other choppers filled with them started firing up - taking off I swiftly started pulling crazy flightpaths, weaving between buildings, under and over bridges, desperately trying to shake them, but they held fast. And it was no good anyway, they were in the chopper with me.

I knew what I had to do.

I climbed as high as I could, and jumped out of the chopper. As expected, most of them followed me. As I was tumbling down down down towards time's square, their inane babbling still audable over the rushing wind, I knew that soon I would hit the ground and be free from the Jemima PuddleDuck nightmare.

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    Roland_tHTGRoland_tHTG Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    There were so many of these type stories just from L4D pubstomping I can't even begin to try to dig them out from the cobwebs of my memory bank.
    I like Costanza. He's fun.

I also like whoever it is that plays as Sean Connery. I remember playing Zombie Panic, and he was named Sean Connery, and always in character as Sean Connery. Good times.

sean.jpg

Roland_tHTG on
  • Options
    SnareSnare Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Wow bacon-butty, that should be a film. I am totally drawn into that story.

Snare on
  • Options
    Automatic JackAutomatic Jack Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    That's... some kind of Body Snatcher disturbing right there. I too would like to see the film, directed by David Lynch.

My friend, who is male, was playing RDR on his girlfriend's account, so he had a somewhat (but not especially) effeminate gamertag. He was also playing as one of the Mexican woman. His mike was busted but he still had voicechat on, so we could hear everything people were saying. As a result, the leader of the first gang he joins immediately starts flirting with him and making inappropriate comments despite the fact that he doesn't know for sure he's not talking to a dude. He would not shut up, so we just sat back and enjoyed listening to him make a fool of himself.

Let that be a lesson to all you chauvinist asshats out there: Anonymity works both ways.

Automatic Jack on
    PAsig.png
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I was in a random last night in WoW, The Oculus. We killed the first boss, hopped on our drakes and flew up to the next area.

At which point someone asked if we could go for an achievement.
    Immediatly, our tank drops. We're confused, so re-queue and wait for a replacement tank. One shows up! And then a DPS drops. Our tank walks in the instance, doesn't say a word, falls off the platform to his death, then drops group.

We then re-queued. Seriously, who joins a group, suicides, then leaves?

Someone who doesn't want to do The Occulus. He fell to his death because I believe it protects him from the Deserter debuff.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Pablo the PenguinPablo the Penguin Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I remember playing TF2 with a guy named "The Red Ranger" or something like that. He always played on red team and acted like the red ranger ALL the time.

"ALL RIGHT GUYS!!! WE CAN WIN IF WE JUST WORK TOGETHER! OUR FRIENDSHIP CAN OVERCOME ALL OBSTACLES!!! WAIT A MINUTE, THIS TEAM ISN'T RED!" *switches to red team* "ALRIGHT! *repeats dramatic speech to red team*

Pablo the Penguin on
  • Options
    PeterAndCompanyPeterAndCompany Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I was playing Blur in a 20-man race when a girl's voice suddenly pops up in voice chat. The entire room FREAKS OUT because all of a sudden, not only is there a female gamer actually playing in the same room as them, but a female gamer attempting to drive.

The onslaught of comments was relentless. It finally culminated in a flood of off-color jokes, like "Why couldn't Helen Keller drive a car? ... because she's a woman."

She didn't stick around too long after that.

PeterAndCompany on
  • Options
    SipexSipex Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It's stories like this that keep my faith in humanity in check.

Sipex on
  • Options
    bamjobamjo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Way back when Natural Selection was a thing there was a server I used to hang out at a lot (forgot the name, long time ago) so I got to know the people there pretty well. There was this one guy who was kind of a celebrity because whenever he came on he would imitate the voice of a different actor or movie character. So one round he would be commander as Arnold Schwarzenegger, the next as Sean Connery, Mario, or a foul mouthed Mickey Mouse, etc.

It could have been annoying if he wasn't so good at it. He claimed he was a DJ for a local radio station, and he very well could have been. He had a radio sounding voice. It was a lot of fun, so much so that people would stack his team and the rounds wouldn't be very good. But everyone on his team had a blast.

bamjo on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Amen to that Sipex lol. These stories are awesome, keep em comin!!!!

Jakesully on
  • Options
    ZachVeedleZachVeedle Common Writer HenshinRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I publicly announce my love for Tridus. In every Xbox Live party. And to everyone playing on the other team.

ZachVeedle on
  • Options
    DangerousDangerous Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Back in the days of Counterstrike, or Urban Terror, or one of those other mods, my brother would change his name to something like "Tree-Hiding-Behind-Man" and spend the whole match hiding behind whatever trees or shrubs he could find in the level.

One thing I sort of miss when playing on xbox live is the ability to change your name in games at will.

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg