As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Replacing alternator 2001 Isuzu Trooper

Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Help me!!! So I was told the alternator is dead and was able to remove the dead one (and confirmed it was dead on a test)

But I'm trying to get the new one in and it won't seem to fit. I called the shop where I picked it up and confirmed it is the same one and size shouldn't be an issue. My google fu is failing me and I can't for the life of me find any good instructions for this. I already went to about six different stores looking for a Haynes or Chilton model. Do you guys have any car sites you use which might be able to help out ?

Let me know, thanks.

steam_sig.png
Romero Zombie on

• SpudgeSpudge Witty comments go next to this blue dot thingyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Check out isuzuforums.com. I used to spend a lot of time there rebuilding my old 95.5 Rodeo. They have good info.

Spudge on
    Play With Me
    Xbox - IT Jerk
    PSN - MicroChrist

I'm too fuckin' poor to play
    WordsWFriends - zeewoot
  • ZeonZeon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    How did you get the old one out? If its the same alternator, the new one should go in exactly opposite. Might be the aftermarket one is slightly bigger though...

Do you have the truck jacked up? I know on a lot of hondas, you need to unload the front drivers side wheel, and slide the alternator in behind the splash guard in the wheel well. You can only do it when the wheel is unloaded though, otherwise the axle gets in the way.

Zeon on
    btworbanner.jpg
    Check out my band, click the banner.
  • MidshipmanMidshipman Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    If you don't mind paying $20 or so, http://www.alldatadiy.com/ is a great resource for car repair manuals.

I've found it vastly more informative than Chilton or Haynes manuals.

Midshipman on
    midshipman.jpg