As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Types of TV's used at PAX

sociald1077sociald1077 Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in PAX Archive
I was wondering if anyone knew what types of TV's most of the exhibitors were using on the show floor this year. I saw a lot of Samsungs, and a few Panasonics, but I couldn't find a product model readily viewable.

I ask because I am in the market for a new TV and I liked a lot of what I saw on the show floor.

Thanks for any help :D:D

What did the 0 say to the 8? Nice belt!
sociald1077 on

• xxhennersxxxxhennersxx Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    most of them are actually not consumer televisions. Most of them were commercial grade televisions. They tend to run higher in price but they also have loger warranties an other stuff.

There was some samsung P550 and a few vizios. In the console free play it was Samsung 32P450.

xxhennersxx on
  • rnicollrnicoll Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I was wondering if anyone knew what types of TV's most of the exhibitors were using on the show floor this year. I saw a lot of Samsungs, and a few Panasonics, but I couldn't find a product model readily viewable.

I ask because I am in the market for a new TV and I liked a lot of what I saw on the show floor.

Thanks for any help :D:D

Couldn't tell you exact model numbers, but I will say I think you'd have a hard time going terribly wrong with either a Samsung or Panasonic of any model. I'd pick up a few magazines with TV reviews, see what they say...

rnicoll on
  • xxhennersxxxxhennersxx Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    it's weird, at PAX I DO check model numbers on the TVs.

xxhennersxx on
  • sociald1077sociald1077 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Thanks for the help!

sociald1077 on
    What did the 0 say to the 8? Nice belt!
  • burnttoast45burnttoast45 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Some thing to consider is the lighting at the convention center and placement of the tvs. I'd suggest doing some additional research prior to a new purchase (I just ordered a new tv this week :D). If you have any questions regarding viewing distance, brands, etc send me a pm and I'll show you what I discovered.

burnttoast45 on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    There is a comprehensive thread over in the technology subforum about televisions that has some useful information contained therein.
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=86179

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.