Options

Titan Quest Expan - Dream Mastery Spell List!

RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
edited February 2007 in Games and Technology
So I just saw this article on the new expansion for Titan Quest and I thought all the Titan Quest fans here might like to discuss it (all 5 of us). The article is here - http://titanquestvault.ign.com/View.php?view=ImmortalThrone.Detail&id=1 - but I've compiled a list of the major information here if you don't want to check it out yourself.

New 15 hour or so campaign (in the land of the dead, mwahahaha!)

New Mastery - Dream

Caravans - Easy way to store items & transfer items between characters

Artifacts - New type of equipment (complete with a new slot on characters to equip them on) that can not be found or purchased, only created. To create an artifact requires the proper Arcane Formula + 3 Ingredients (certain scrolls, monster charms, or even other artifacts) as well as a lot of money. Artifacts come in 3 flavors (Lesser, Greater, and Divine) & are apparently extremely powerful.

Enchanter - Provides Artifact Creation services and can also remove relics from equipment (however this results in the destruction of either the equipment or the relic - your choice).

Multiplayer - Enhanced Multiplayer features including a new improved lobby, official PVP option, Autoparty, and the ability to check out allies' character screens & inventory.

Pets (i.e. summoned monsters) - Now you can select individual pets or all of your pets at the press of a button. Also you can set your pets' AI to either Aggressive, Normal, or Defensive.

Scrolls - Items that can be purchased to allow 1 time use of various spells & abilities.

Tombstones - When you die, a tombstone marks the spot. If you make it back to that spot without dying, you regain some of your lost XP.

Miscellaneous Niceties - Inventory Sort Button, Additional Quick Slots, No accidentally picking up broken items if you have them filtered, more video and audio options, etc.

And now for the part that interests me the most: the Dream Mastery! Here's a list of the spells & abilities along with definitions.

Sands of Sleep - Active - Puts enemies to sleep, rendering them immobile for a duration or until awakened by an attack.

Psionic Touch - Active (Primary Attack) - Psionic energies focused within your melee weapons will create a bone shattering resonance when they contact your enemies.

Psionic Burn - Psionic energy within the target ignites and explodes outward, burning through their material being and inflicting severe damage to adjacent targets.

Distortion Wave - Active - A wave of force is projected outward that forms chaotic ripples in the fabric of reality and delivers devastating damage to the body and mind of enemies.

Chaotic Resonance - Amplifies the physical distortion effect, causing it to shatter armor and break bones and adds cool-down reduction.

Psionic Immolation - Psionic energies ignite into a surge of electrical power that causes horrific burning over a short duration.

Trance of Empathy - Active Aura - Force enemies to share the damage they inflict upon you by forming a telepathic link to their minds that conveys only pain and siphons life in retribution.

Trance of Convalescence - Active Aura - A restful state of mind causes increased life recovery for the player and allies.

Trance of Wrath - Active Aura - Waves of negative psionic energy emanate from the player, disrupting enemy thoughts and burning though their physical being. (Note: Only one trance can be active at a time.)

Lucid Dream - Passive - Increased conscious control over your dream state, enhances abilities that derive power from the dream world.

Premonition - A precognitive sense of the imminent future allows you to stay one step ahead of your enemies in combat.

Temporal Flux - A subtle acceleration of time around the player allows them to move more quickly, anticipate attacks, and negate the slowing effects of enemy skills.

Phantom Strike - Active - Vanish from the waking world and reappear before a target enemy to deliver a monstrous attack.

Dream Stealer - Devastate your enemies and steal their power by ripping the very dreams from their minds.

Summon Nightmare - Active Summon - Calls forth a nightmarish phantasm from the dream world to serve as your familiar.

Hypnotic Gaze - The mesmerizing stare of the Nightmare is able to dominate lesser minds and throw them into a state of confusion, causing them to wander aimlessly and attack phantom images.

Master Mind - The Nightmare is able to speak to the minds of your other minions and coordinate their attacks, making them more effective in combat.

Distortion Field - Passive Buff - A field of psionic power bends the fabric of reality around the player, negating some of the damage from enemy attacks and dealing retaliatory damage to enemies that strike you.

Distort Reality - Active - Sends out a powerful ripple of distortion around player that tears the fabric of reality, causing severe damage to enemies caught within it.

Temporal Rift - Enhances the power of the distortion ripple, unleashing a surge of psionic energy that causes massive damage to enemies and temporarily freezes them in time.

New Class Names:

Dream only - Seer
Warfare/Dream - Harbinger
Defense/Dream - Templar
Earth/Dream - Evoker
Storm/Dream - Prophet
Hunting/Dream - Haruspex
Rogue/Dream - Dreamkiller
Nature/Dream - Ritualist
Spirit/Dream - Diviner

Looks like the Dream mastery is going to be a very powerful and versatile mastery that will work well with just about any combination. I like. :D

RainbowDespair on

• Options
    arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    did they ever fix all the bugs in this?

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    TL;DR?

What the hell is Titan Quest?

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    slurpeepoopslurpeepoop Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Dusda wrote:
    TL;DR?

What the hell is Titan Quest?

Really good Diablo clone, set in Greek times with gods and whatnot. Clash of the Titans level stuff. I'm a big fan.

The new expansion adds a new class, among other things.

I'm excited.

slurpeepoop on
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I will so get Titan Quest...when it goes down to 15ish dollars. Too many things on my plate right now to spend much on a Diablo clone.

Darlan on
  • Options
    LotharsLothars Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Darlan wrote:
    I will so get Titan Quest...when it goes down to 15ish dollars. Too many things on my plate right now to spend much on a Diablo clone.

I just bought Titan Quest Dvd version for 19.99 Cdn, so it's possible to find it that cheap.

Lothars on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Too bad nobody plays this bug-ridden clusterfuck of a game.

Did they ever patch it up enough to make it worth playing?

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Lothars wrote:
    Darlan wrote:

I just bought Titan Quest Dvd version for 19.99 Cdn, so it's possible to find it that cheap.
    I did not know that...sweet.

Darlan on
  • Options
    arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Drez wrote:

Thats what I'm trying to figure out.

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Caravans - Easy way to store items & transfer items between characters
    Finally!

It's a shame no-one seemed to want to play Multi with this. Single player got a little dull once I had 3 wolves and a mega lich kicking the shit out of everything for me.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    slurpeepoopslurpeepoop Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    arcath wrote:
    Drez wrote:

Thats what I'm trying to figure out.

Well, as I've only played the shit out of the single player part, I can say that the single player is relatively bug-free, and that big CTD bug that occurred every 15 minutes that gave this game its bad reputation was fixed a long time ago.

I can't comment on the online or multiplayer.

slurpeepoop on
  • Options
    Whiniest Man On EarthWhiniest Man On Earth Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Too bad they never gave this game secure servers to make the multiplayer worthwhile. Hacks abound.

Whiniest Man On Earth on
  • Options
    Elessar ElfstoneElessar Elfstone Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Badass. I'll be reinstalling when this is released. I played a shit ton out of the original game. I never did finish Legendary though :(

Elessar Elfstone on
    Tobias: Or it could be your colon. I'd want to get in there and find some answers.

Forsake, Warlock of Stonemaul
  • Options
    CatrelStevensCatrelStevens Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    My old web design teacher worked on Titan Quest for some 2D art stuff (most likely skins for monsters, as that's what he was good at). I really want to play this game, but the demo runs REAL choppy on my computer even with all settings down to the lowest. :x I need more RAM and then I'll hopefully be able to enjoy this title as well as this upcoming expansion.

CatrelStevens on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    My old web design teacher worked on Titan Quest for some 2D art stuff (most likely skins for monsters, as that's what he was good at). I really want to play this game, but the demo runs REAL choppy on my computer even with all settings down to the lowest. :x I need more RAM and then I'll hopefully be able to enjoy this title as well as this upcoming expansion.

IIRC there were some serious issues with demo performance that were not evident in the retail version. Plus all the updates since release have helped smooth performance.

Elessar Elfstone on
    Tobias: Or it could be your colon. I'd want to get in there and find some answers.

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I loved Titan Quest, and this expansion sounds awesome. The Dream mastery sounds awesome. I can't play Titan Quest on my current machine, however, because the game absolutely hates 8800's to the point of not being able to play the game on it. I've got to wait for a patch. :(

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    core tacticcore tactic Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    How the hell does Premonition work? I don't see how the ability to see into the future would even work in combat, unless enemies only attack in definite set patterns.

core tactic on
    6700ab2ed7bb6f9876150c388a78a011.png
  • Options
    ImitationImitation Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    How the hell does Premonition work? I don't see how the ability to see into the future would even work in combat, unless enemies only attack in definite set patterns.
    I would guess it's a bonus to your Dodge/Parry/Evade skills. You see it coming so you can move out of the way sorta thing.

Imitation on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Yeah, that would be my guess as well. Or to put it another way, Jedi Reflexes. :D

I was thinking that Spirit/Dream would make for quite a powerful combination, but then I remembered that I don't care much for summon based characters. Now I think I'm going to go for Warfare/Dream for my meleer. Not sure what I'll do for my mage (maybe mostly Dream with a hint of Nature).

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    InitialDKInitialDK Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    So I got this and I can't play for more than 10 minutes before it goes berserk. I did hit the "update" button and patched. I'm basically running minimum requirements.

Is this an excuse to upgrade or is there something else I can do?

[edit]
    OK so I lowered the settings and it seemed to run smoother, but then I exited and re-entered and now it's on perma-load...I'm starting to miss my $20.

InitialDK on
    "I'd happily trade your life for knowledge of my powers."
    -Louis C.K.
  • Options
    n00bishn00bish Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

IIRC there were some serious issues with demo performance that were not evident in the retail version. Plus all the updates since release have helped smooth performance.

I can second this with certainty. The demo ran like ass on my lappy, but once I got retail, I can play with med-high settings (depending on location and night/day) very smoothly.

n00bish on
    btrsig.jpg
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Hopefully I won't get any mod anger for dragging this thread back into the light. I was at my local game store looking for Starcraft Battle Chest (never played it and was curious) and was talking to one of the employees about my love for Diablo 2. He told me Titan Quest is the best Diablo type game since D2 and I should check it out. They have it for 20 bucks. Anyone have any experience with this on an older PC (p4-2.53/1gig/x800)?

themightypuck on
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    LogicowLogicow Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I have a Sempron 2500+, 512mb RAM and a Radeon X800XL. The game is definitely playable, but the game slows down a lot whenever you enter a new area, while it loads the new data.

Turning details down barely changes anything. The game plays almost as well in high detail as it does in low detail.

You have 1 gb of ram, so it would probably be a bit smoother for you.

Logicow on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    You should be fine, its not the most graphically intense game out there.

Elessar Elfstone on

• Options
    edited February 2007
    Even on decent systems, the game doesn't run the smoothest: most of the time it'll work fine, but occasionally it'll stutter (seems to be a problem with the enemy pathfinding in certain underground dungeons which causes this problem). Occasionally stuttering aside, as long as I stay offline, it works fine. Go online and it becomes very unstable on my computer, but since none of my friends own the game, I'm fine with staying in offline mode.

And since somebody decided to resurrect this thread, I thought I'd throw this pretty big bit of news out: http://www.Titancalc.com (a site for planning out your character builds) has added the Dream mastery to their system so if you want to find out the specifics on each skill, you can!

I've been messing around with it and I actually decided to go against my earlier plan and start working on a Nature/Dream build (work on the Nature part right now so I'll be finished with the main game and ready to start the expansion levels when it comes out). Turns out I don't dislike summon builds; just Mage summon builds. I'm finding that melee with summon support can be a lot of fun as you try to coordinate your attack with your summons (as opposed to mage builds which just sit back and let the summons do all the work).

I'm still debating a few points, but here's a rough guess of what my build will look like at LV65 - http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Ritualist&master1=4&master2=9&m1=32-0-16-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-16-1-12-1-0-1-0-12-0-0&m2=32-0-1-0-0-8-12-1-16-0-8-0-12-1-0-1-6-0-0-8-1-0-0

RainbowDespair on