As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

looking for other disabled gamers

disabledgamerj2disabledgamerj2 Kirkland, WashingtonRegistered User regular
edited September 2010 in Debate and/or Discourse
I'm a gamer and I also happen to be disabled and in a wheelchair. I am just wondering if there are any other disabled gamers floating (or wheeling) around this forum. I have spina bifida. Let me know if you're out there.

disabledgamerj2 on

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    My brother's legally blind and needs a cane to walk even short distances. Hella loves JRPGs.

Quid on
  • Dyrwen66Dyrwen66 the other's insane Denver CORegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    The title rang a bell in my head for some reason.

There is a thread here that contains a fairly well known handicapped gamer who posts on the forum about his progress to remap controllers for ease of use.

I'm not disabled, though after reading on the subject it's another area where the modding of your games would really make it easier to play quite a few of them. Restrictions on software and hardware have really got to be hampering the moves to make accessibility a priority.

Dyrwen66 on
    Just an ancient PA person who doesn't leave the house much.
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    To the OP, you might want to ask the mods if you can post a similar thread in the Games & Technology forum, since that sub-forum is specifically about gaming and has more viewers/posters/etc.

Lawndart on