As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Halo Reach CAMPAIGN/CO-OP/FORGE thread. Metatag: A PA Reach CoOp

1565758596062»

• Options
    SipexSipex Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Tridus1x wrote: »
    Any suggestions on a good spot to get kills with heavy weapons?

What do heavy weapons amount to? If grenade launchers and concussion rifles are included then play invasion, tier 3 allows you to start with them.

If it's only rocket launchers/plasma launchers/Fuel Rod Cannons then go for Invasion Slayer since capturing points at tier one usually drops one of the three.

Sipex on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sneakman wrote: »
    Willeth wrote: »
    Oh hey this is kind of cool. Melee a wall in the final level with all the balls-hard enemies - get some free DMRs and shotguns.

I found that by accident this past weekend when a Brute blasted that area with his Concussion Rifle and all of a sudden that ammo rack appeared. It really turned the tide of the battle for me on Legendary. Up until that point I had been picking things off really slowly with the Assault Rifle and Magnum and it was taking forever. Once I found that ammo it was smooth sailing all the way until the end. Thanks Bungie!

Huh, I thought that the weapons crate was just there; as they were lying there on both my heroic and Legendary playthrough. I wasn't aware it was some secret :lol:

But yes, those DMR's specifically are super useful for that area on legendary.

Also, there's a sniper rifle up in the crows nest that you'll want to pick up and save for the few shielded brutes you'll get, and if you're on legendary there's a few zealot elites that it helps with too.

Personally I saved the sniper for the 4 zealots at the very end, but I'm just pointing out that its there.

EDIT: And re the Heavy weapon question; just youtube Oni cR farming. The targeting locator counts as a heavy weapon and you'll wrack up those kills super fast. You won't get any cR per kill past silver on campaign solo though, but you'll still earn kills towards the commendation.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    In campaign there's not a whole lot of options. I recall fuel rod cannons in "the package" and a rocket launcher near the jet pack section.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    Oh god I hope they don't have Oni Sword Base in Matchmaking.

All it's going to be is VOTE FOR ONI SWORD BASE LOL

Unless Revert to Save is going to be disabled.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »
    In campaign there's not a whole lot of options. I recall fuel rod cannons in "the package" and a rocket launcher near the jet pack section.

Just off memory and I KNOW I am forgetting places.....

There's a rocket launcher near the Wraith in Pillar of Autumn.

There's a rocket launcher on the ground on the hill after the point in Oni Sword Base where the target locator is (where the two Wraiths pop out). It seems redundant due to target locator, but it's there.

There are a few around when Hunters show up, too, I think, over the course of the campaign.

When you're storming up to the beach to launch the Sabres at the beginning two of the UNSC Marines have rocket launchers you can trade for. They use them to blow up the Wraith if you don't take 'em.

There's a rocket launcher when defending the base at the end of The Package.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Oh hey this is kind of cool. Melee a wall in the final level with all the balls-hard enemies - get some free DMRs and shotguns.

I found that by accident this past weekend when a Brute blasted that area with his Concussion Rifle and all of a sudden that ammo rack appeared. It really turned the tide of the battle for me on Legendary. Up until that point I had been picking things off really slowly with the Assault Rifle and Magnum and it was taking forever. Once I found that ammo it was smooth sailing all the way until the end. Thanks Bungie!

Huh, I thought that the weapons crate was just there; as they were lying there on both my heroic and Legendary playthrough. I wasn't aware it was some secret :lol:

I didn't find the ammo box on my Heroic playthrough, and I foolishly wasted the sniper rounds on brutes. I used literally every scrap of ammo to get past that battle, and I had nothing left to take on the last few zealot elites. I must have played that last section 50 times, and I finally got through by charging and getting lucky with a few grenade throws. So for my Legendary run, I hoarded a bunch of weapons for the start of the battle (2 plasma pistols, 2 plasma rifles, a magnum, a needle rifle, a pro pipe), but even all that started to run out too quickly. If that magic ammo box hadn't appeared, I might still be playing that level. Felt good to finally snipe those elites.

Sneakman on
    Diablo 3 | Sneakman#1625 | S9 Multishot Demon Hunter
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Oh god I hope they don't have Oni Sword Base in Matchmaking.

All it's going to be is VOTE FOR ONI SWORD BASE LOL

Unless Revert to Save is going to be disabled.

It would be in their best interests, and the players, to disable revert to last save on matchmaking campaign.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

I didn't find the ammo box on my Heroic playthrough, and I foolishly wasted the sniper rounds on brutes. I used literally every scrap of ammo to get past that battle, and I had nothing left to take on the last few zealot elites. I must have played that last section 50 times, and I finally got through by charging and getting lucky with a few grenade throws. So for my Legendary run, I hoarded a bunch of weapons for the start of the battle (2 plasma pistols, 2 plasma rifles, a magnum, a needle rifle, a pro pipe), but even all that started to run out too quickly. If that magic ammo box hadn't appeared, I might still be playing that level. Felt good to finally snipe those elites.

If you're quick enough and use a hologram, you can get past the elites without even having to fight them. It's what I did on Legendary.

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Holograms work on enemies? Everytime I've used them I get something along the lines of "Oh mark, look, he thinks he can trick the A.I." "How cute" *I Die*

Sipex on
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sipex wrote: »
    Holograms work on enemies? Everytime I've used them I get something along the lines of "Oh mark, look, he thinks he can trick the A.I." "How cute" *I Die*
    The way it seems to work is that if the enemies see you, they immediately realize that the hologram's a fake.

I think that's what Auburn was getting at when saying that you needed to be quick - as in, get past the elites before they see you and the jig is up.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Campaign enemies virtually always fall for holograms. The thing is that you either need to use it just out of LoS or not fire when you use it. If you fire, the enemies immediately aggro right back to you if they've been shooting at the hologram. And I've constantly used them to get out of tight scrapes since a lot the time enemies will fire at the holo even if they see you use it.

For me, Hologram was easily the most useful AA in the Legendary campaign with Drop Shield a distant second. Send out your fake buddy, watch the enemies start shooting it, then pop out and knock a couple of enemies down. With the aim the enemies have on Legendary, even just a half-second to a second without instant retaliation lets you work much better. It's especially effective when you send it in close enough to get meleed because the melee animation keeps an enemy from firing even longer than if they're just firing as usual.

But if you're shooting as you use Hologram, it won't do anything at all because obviously the enemies are going to kill the thing spewing bullets and not the random enemy running at their heavily-armed lines. And strangely enough, generally you're better off on Legendary to just stop shooting and hit Hologram rather than try to kill your way out of a bad situation. Considering that 4-5 of the very weakest enemies can bring you down in no time, a few seconds of time to get to cover will save you far more often than trying to pick off another Elite out of the three attacking and just getting mauled every time.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    hologram is also your best friend against hunters

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ohtsam wrote: »
    hologram is also your best friend against hunters

Not to mention the way they react sometimes to a hologram is pretty funny.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Hologram works amazingly well in campaign, yes. I wouldn't have been able to solo legendary without it honestly. Every moment without it was 10x harder than those with it.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited September 2010
    This may be the reason why I've been having horrible trouble with the legendary campaign, I had a few bad experiences with hologram and assumed it didn't work.

I shall try using it again.

Sipex on
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hologram is also the only reason I made it past those elites at the end of Legendary Pillar of Autumn due to lucky, skilless assassinations.....and even then I died a lot. I actually got caught in a loop at one point where it checkpointed while a Zealot was running by, so I had to always run at him and assassinate him whenever I died and re-started....

I tried to use it to bait them and run past to the gun, but Mr. Fuel Rod Zealot said no :(.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Speaking of holograms, I just noticed enemies use it too, unless I was hallucinating badly. I swore I shot a Skirmisher and and seeing the hologram dissipating.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    FyreWulff on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    You know, this thread's at ninety-nine pages. Someone should get on making a new one. Preferably soon.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!