As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Three by three by three [chat]s.

AriviaArivia I Like A ChallengeEarth-1Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in Debate and/or Discourse
In this thread, we add a third dimension to our current [chat]atstrophe.

huntresssig.jpg
Arivia on

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    When will we get to the fourth dimension?

Couscous on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Couscous wrote: »
    When will we get to the fourth dimension?

We won't, but I have plans.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    TIME CUBE

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    edited September 2010
    This is for anyone who wants to fuck with me right now:

6pwc

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Poor thing, her shirt's broken.

Captain Carrot on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    Arivia wrote: »

6pwc

i don't know about fucking with you

but

i want to fuck the lady in the picture

Organichu on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Monopoly is completely horrible because, for the majority of the game (or the entire game with 2 players) there are absolutely no decisions to be made. Roll dice, move, buy property if possible.

The only human input in the game is trying to negotiate trades between the players. It's assinine.

First house rule: all auctions are silent and closed. You auction by writing down your name and your bid on a piece of paper. When everybody has bid or opted not to, then the highest bidder wins. No rebidding. This is important to make the game go quickly because...

...Second house rule: Whenever any player lands on an unpurchased property, any other player may immediately open it up to auction by offering double the purchase price as an opening bid. (Since auctions are closed, this means that player might bluff by writing a bid less than 2x purchase price on his auction slip. If he does so, then he can't win the property even if he was the only bidder.)

Third house rule: No singles. All prices and fines are rounded up to the nearest $5.

Fourth house rule: The utilities and free parking are converted to railroads, making a total of seven on the board.

Fifth house rule: Any player who lands on or moves past a railroad that he or she owns may immediately move to another owned railroad. If he owns the destination railroad, travel is free. If another player owns the destination railroad, the traveling player must pay rent.

Sixth house rule: All players must pay rent even if the landlord isn't paying attention. This means people can get up for beverages or bathroom breaks without interrupting the game.

Seventh house rule: Players may make any deal they wish. This includes loaning money with interest, property trading, gambling on the game, or offers to throw the game for sexual favors.

Eighth house rule: You can build a house on any property you own. Hotels still require a monopoly.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

edited September 2010
    I think that covers it. I don't think I forgot anything.

Feral on

• Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010

6pwc

A really shitty movie?

Premier kakos on
    edited September 2010
    Feral

while offering a BJ for the deed to boardwalk is tempting

gotta say, that is a lot of fixes

but still

you/me/on the boardwalk, bring the papers? I'll do the lawyer too if he'll wave his commission

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited September 2010
    Yeah it's a lot of fixes and I've only played it that way a couple of times. But it moves a lot faster and there's a lot more strategy.

And my lawyer doesn't swing that way, but maybe we could talk Mori into coming along...

Feral on

edited September 2010
    I've never understood the difference between design and development at Wizards.

I know what it means in terms of code, but not in, say, CCG or RPG terms.

Feral on

edited September 2010
    Feral wrote: »

In RPG parlance, developers are editors.

The process for any given product is:

-development (with input from other involved parties, such as higher management, publishing, research, etc) writes general outlines for what is to be written
    -then freelancers are given parts of that writing to do as a team or alone (note that WotC and maybe a handful of other companies are the only ones that can afford to have salaried designers to do writing and design for RPGs; usually the recurring names on D&D supplements hold other positions and are not just designers on staff)
    -the freelance designers write their parts and hand it to development
    -development goes over the text for consistency, checking it against the line, playtesting, etc etc. Pretty much anything that isn't just writing a first draft.
    -Once development has worked most of the game and product identity-based concerns out, they hand it off to an actual grammar and spelling editor or typesetting or whatever.
    -Development may get another pass at it before it goes to print, but they're the last stop in and of the RPG department.

Senior developers come up with the idea and focus and catalogue for the entire line. Basically WotC's hiring a chief of D&D and not internally promoting if this is true, and that's kinda scary.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited September 2010
    Feral on

edited September 2010

In RPG parlance, developers are editors.

The process for any given product is:

-development (with input from other involved parties, such as higher management, publishing, research, etc) writes general outlines for what is to be written
    -then freelancers are given parts of that writing to do as a team or alone (note that WotC and maybe a handful of other companies are the only ones that can afford to have salaried designers to do writing and design for RPGs; usually the recurring names on D&D supplements hold other positions and are not just designers on staff)
    -the freelance designers write their parts and hand it to development
    -development goes over the text for consistency, checking it against the line, playtesting, etc etc. Pretty much anything that isn't just writing a first draft.
    -Once development has worked most of the game and product identity-based concerns out, they hand it off to an actual grammar and spelling editor or typesetting or whatever.
    -Development may get another pass at it before it goes to print, but they're the last stop in and of the RPG department.

Senior developers come up with the idea and focus and catalogue for the entire line. Basically WotC's hiring a chief of D&D and not internally promoting if this is true, and that's kinda scary.

Hrm.

Feral on

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

6pwc

*sticks finger in her belly button*

It fits!

emnmnme on
    edited September 2010
    emnmnme wrote: »
    *sticks finger in her belly button*

It fits!

*ding-dong!*

Feral on

• RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    There you go:

3dchat.png

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Richy wrote: »
    There you go:

3dchat.png

That is still 2d.

Couscous on
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    There you go:

3dchat.png

Inconceivable dimensions not shown.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    The best part about PAX was quoting DJO with Feral.

Silas Brown on
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Wait, so are we moving to this [chat] now?

Cokebotle on
    工事中
    edited September 2010
    Who knows? Who cares?

Silas Brown on
    edited September 2010
    Chaos abounds!

Cokebotle on
    工事中
    edited September 2010
    this chat

there will be ONE WHIPPING for each post in a [chat] not mine

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited September 2010
    this chat

:winky:

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited September 2010
    Hm... I appear to be bleeding again.

I really need to fix this.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Monopoly is completely horrible because, for the majority of the game (or the entire game with 2 players) there are absolutely no decisions to be made. Roll dice, move, buy property if possible.

The only human input in the game is trying to negotiate trades between the players. It's assinine.

First house rule: all auctions are silent and closed. You auction by writing down your name and your bid on a piece of paper. When everybody has bid or opted not to, then the highest bidder wins. No rebidding. This is important to make the game go quickly because...

...Second house rule: Whenever any player lands on an unpurchased property, any other player may immediately open it up to auction by offering double the purchase price as an opening bid. (Since auctions are closed, this means that player might bluff by writing a bid less than 2x purchase price on his auction slip. If he does so, then he can't win the property even if he was the only bidder.)

Third house rule: No singles. All prices and fines are rounded up to the nearest $5.

Fourth house rule: The utilities and free parking are converted to railroads, making a total of seven on the board.

Fifth house rule: Any player who lands on or moves past a railroad that he or she owns may immediately move to another owned railroad. If he owns the destination railroad, travel is free. If another player owns the destination railroad, the traveling player must pay rent.

Sixth house rule: All players must pay rent even if the landlord isn't paying attention. This means people can get up for beverages or bathroom breaks without interrupting the game.

Seventh house rule: Players may make any deal they wish. This includes loaning money with interest, property trading, gambling on the game, or offers to throw the game for sexual favors.

Eighth house rule: You can build a house on any property you own. Hotels still require a monopoly.
    Hmm...ever think about picking up Anti-Monopoly?

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    edited September 2010
    this chat

there will be ONE WHIPPED TOPPING for each post in a [chat] not mine

Mm... sounds tasty!

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I can't live in a world where the old [chat]s are allowed to live. Someone deliver me from this waking nightmare.

Gim on
    edited September 2010
    this chat

So what you're saying is I should post in other [chat]s a lot...

Silas Brown on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I prefer to think of them as our chat

but if we are moving on because there is no mod to lock I certainly vote for this thread

die other thread. diiieeeeeeeeeeeee

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited September 2010
    Gim wrote: »
    I can't live in a world where the old [chat]s are allowed to live. Someone deliver me from this waking nightmare.
    *cocks shotgun*

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Man, there's nothing like posting that you're feeling depressed in a chat that's dead, yet not, like a damn zombie. *sigh*

No-Quarter on
    edited September 2010
    Gim wrote: »
    *cocks shotgun*

Il dio benedice voi e la vostra famiglia, Monsignor Richy. Grazie, grazie!

*KABLOOIE!*

Gim on
    edited September 2010
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    Man, there's nothing like posting that you're feeling depressed in a chat that's dead, yet not, like a damn zombie. *sigh*

:(

*hug?*

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Write articles for Dragon. Get involved with the RPGA. A bachelor's degree in something is the only qualifier for many intro jobs.

Trying. In DCI or whatever. Have it. Don't exist.

Incenjucar on
    edited September 2010
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Write articles for Dragon. Get involved with the RPGA. A bachelor's degree in something is the only qualifier for many intro jobs.

Trying. In DCI or whatever. Have it. Don't exist.

I mean actually get involved in the RPGA - go to Living FR events, find out your locals, see if you can work your way up to writing modules and that sort of stuff.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited September 2010
    So I was asked to help write a speech for my teacher for the English recitation contest next month.

I have no idea what to say beyond 3 sentences.

I could never survive in any kind of PR job.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
    edited September 2010
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    So I was asked to help write a speech for my teacher for the English recitation contest next month.

I have no idea what to say beyond 3 sentences.

I could never survive in any kind of PR job.

"And what would those three sentences sound like in every Asian language and dialect? Let's find out."

Gim on
This discussion has been closed.