As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX UK Community Group

MelesMelesMelesMeles Registered User regular
edited November 2010 in PAX Archive
For any of you who are UK paxers (lurker or otherwise), we've now set up a PAX UK community group on Facebook. This is for all of us in Blighty who want to keep the spirit of PAX all the year round. We've already had a successful pre-pax drinking session, a successful post-pax drinking session, a games night (and drinking session), and a poker night (okay...that was just two of us drunkenly losing our money. But still.)

The group can be found here

Hope to see all of you guys there!

Also, please use the #paxuk hashtag on tweetler.

MelesMeles on

• Options
    edited September 2010
    Message sent out to the Facebook group, but I know there's some of you who lurk on here that I met at PAX who aren't in the group yet.

The Poet Bar, by Liverpool Street station, Tuesday the 21st, 6 PM.

http://www.thepoetbar.com/

MelesMeles on
  • Options
    rnicollrnicoll Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm the wrong end of the country (the post-PAX survey that listed travel distance up to 400 miles... good grief, I did more than that after landing in Heathrow) for London events, but hoping to match travel arrangements with other UK peeps on the next trip :)

rnicoll on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    rnicoll:

Saw you joined the group. The member with initials LF is up in Scottingland (assuming that's where you are). Drop her a line!

MelesMeles on
  • Options
    ÆthelredÆthelred Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yo!

I saw your post on the London DnD Meetup forum. I've just moved to London, so I'm hitting up plenty of groups to find people to hang out with. I'm too late for this week's meetup (..since it's this very second), but if you're still going on weekly, let me know here (I'm not on Facebook) and I'll swing by next Tuesday, if that's cool.

Æthelred on
    pokes: 1505 8032 8399
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Aethelred

Awesome! Looking forward to see you there :) I'll PM you details. Do you have twitter or anything (some of the details will include addresses, not really keen to post that on the forum :P)

MelesMeles on
  • Options
    KarandrazKarandraz Registered User new member
    edited September 2010
    Hey folks since pax prime 2010 has just recently finished i felt this a good time to ask some advice of any uk pax prime people. I really want to attend the event next year but iam feeling abit lost as this will be my first time in the US and first time at pax. So i was wondering..

Do you guys and girls advise a particular airline in your past experience or have a good hotel to recommend?

Is there a uk pax prime meet up that iam unaware of at this this time?

And any additional advice you feel would be helpful!

Thanks alot 8-)

Karandraz on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Karandraz wrote: »
    Hey folks since pax prime 2010 has just recently finished i felt this a good time to ask some advice of any uk pax prime people. I really want to attend the event next year but iam feeling abit lost as this will be my first time in the US and first time at pax. So i was wondering..

Do you guys and girls advise a particular airline in your past experience or have a good hotel to recommend?

Thanks alot 8-)

Hallo! There is indeed a UK PAX Meetup :)Click on me! I'm a link! I'll take you somewhere!

I'm a CO flyer, so I obviously use *A airlines, primarily CO and UA. I'd recommend either (especially UA if you can swing the E+ upgrade)

I stayed at the Hilton, and was very comfortable there. But again, I'm an HHonors Gold, so I tend not to have problems. I know some people had issues if they were sharing rooms or paying with cash.

Join the UK facebook group and we can chat more :) We have weekly London meetups, and a few other folks scattered around the country, so please come say hi!

MelesMeles on
  • Options
    rnicollrnicoll Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Karandraz wrote: »

Thanks alot 8-)

As a less frequent traveller than MelesMeles... Air Canada economy seemed good value for money, as a way of getting to Seattle, and I liked the Hilton Homewood Suites (not any particular HHonors status, but was paying by card, for what it's worth). Looking at heading to PAX East by BA (good travel time and easy flight connections down from Edinburgh), and staying at the hotel connected to the convention center (because I get lost easily).

Edit: If you're flying Air Canada, connect through Vancouver. Shorter total journey time and apparently Toronto airport can be confusing to navigate.

rnicoll on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Just a quick reminder that after a two-week hiatus, the PAX UK London meetup is back on. Tuesday from 6 at The Poet Bar by Liverpool Street Station. Hurrah!

MelesMeles on
  • Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    MelesMeles wrote: »
    Just a quick reminder that after a two-week hiatus, the PAX UK London meetup is back on. Tuesday from 6 at The Poet Bar by Liverpool Street Station. Hurrah!

Yes it did indeed kick off again yesterday evening and much fun was had playing Ultra Munchkin. Want to know what Ultra Munchkin is? Well come along to the next meet up to find out.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    LanderolinLanderolin Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Heya folks

As a recent addition to the PAX community, this was the fist time I've actually found a UK group... unfortunately I'm also in the north of Jockland, and while I'm not adverse to travelling down to London town now and then (a recent trip to buy comics and go watch the Expendables with some long-time gaming buddies was a great success!) every week might be a bit much!

However, any other UK PAXers headed to East? I'm flying out on the 10th of March with BA with a stopover in London the night before. Be good to hear from a few others who are making their wayt accross the pond (especially if it cues up some sneaky DQ9 action on the flight!).

Landerolin on
    Pokecrawl 2011 - Team Squirtle!
    Tweet me @Landerolin
  • Options
    territoiresterritoires Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm also a potential UK PAXer. Sort of putting it off through the prospect of having to go on my own, which will involve travelling through 2-3 different countries to get there (can you guess where I am?). If I knew some people that were making the journey, that could make things just a touch more tantalising. I've been trying to get many different people involved, but everyone flakes in the end. Maybe this time will be different? I hope so.
    Has everyone booked their hotels etc already?

territoires on
    I write about games on a few websites.
    Gaming blog
    @lamournumerique
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    @Landerolin: I'll be heading to east, as is kropotkin and some others. Check out the Google map thread to see some of us UK folk. You should definitely stop by and say hi to us one of these weeks! Just drop me a tweet or PM beforehand to make sure we're meeting up that week.

@territoires: I'm going, staying at the Westin. There's plenty of us showing up, so you definitely won't be alone :)

MelesMeles on