As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ID10-T Errors and PebKACS

2»

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Back when I did remote support for Starbucks, this store manager called in because the PC in the back that uploads all of their transaction data and they use for ordering, timesheets & all, wasn't passing post because the keyboard had come unplugged, so I ask her to pull the PC out from under the desk(they have no room in these tiny offices) and plug the keyboard back in.

Turns out she was seven or eight months pregnant and the strain from bending down and trying to pull the tower out caused her to miscarriage while she was on the phone.

"oh god....oh god....there's blood everywhere....."

"GET OFF THE PHONE WITH ME AND CALL 911!!"

Weaver on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Weaver wrote:
    Back when I did remote support for Starbucks, this store manager called in because the PC in the back that uploads all of their transaction data and they use for ordering, timesheets & all, wasn't passing post because the keyboard had come unplugged, so I ask her to pull the PC out from under the desk(they have no room in these tiny offices) and plug the keyboard back in.

Turns out she was seven or eight months pregnant and the strain from bending down and trying to pull the tower out caused her to miscarriage while she was on the phone.

D:

TankHammer on
  • Options
    sarksark Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Weaver wrote:

sweet christ.

sark on
    tron4.png
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I got called at college by one of my female friends. This girl occupies the "Cute, sweet and oh-so-stupid" archetype. She's such a nice person, which allows me to tolerate that her brain is basically a 1-pound marshmallow peep.

Anyway she calls me up and tells me that she can't remember the password to her computer. She wondered if I could find out what it was.
    "Kellie, sweetie, dear. What good would a password be if I could look it up?"
    "But JOOEEEEE you know about computers and I can't use my computer and you're the only one I can call!" (yes she speaks like this when upset. Her personality is like that of an animated bunny from a Disney movie)
    "Okay, try and remember, did you make a hint for yourself?"
    "No."
    "Did you try any other passwords that you might not have tried?"
    "But what if I type in the wrong thing?"
    "Don't worry about it."

So she calls me back an hour later.

"THAAAANKS JOOOOE! I got on my computer! Thank you so much."

And that's why I'm probably going to get diabetes from hanging out with her. Also probably a brain aneurysm from listening to her speak.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I broke teh cupholder lol.

Yeah, my dad who sold mainframes for IBM in the 70's told me the ID-10-T one. So, it is old.

Also, "loose nut on keyboard".

jwalk on