As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Assistant Attorney General of Michigan Identifies Greatest Threat To America

Edith_Bagot-DixEdith_Bagot-Dix Registered User regular
edited November 2010 in Debate and/or Discourse
Gay student union presidents. They are apparently Satan's representatives on the student council.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/bestoftv/2010/09/29/ac.asst.da.targets.gay.student.cnn

In fairness, the student has not actually denied that he's Satan's representative.

Also on Steam and PSN: twobadcats
Edith_Bagot-Dix on

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    He says he's typing all of this as a private citizen during his off-hours, so it's all gravy ... I didn't know officials could do that! :P

emnmnme on
  • Orochi_RockmanOrochi_Rockman __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    Oh man.

Gender Neutral Housing everybody. "Any man or woman wanting to live together is a radical re-definition of gender norms."

Oh no! Housing where students get to pick their roommates oh my god! How radical! The madness!

Orochi_Rockman on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    oh no men and women living together

shock and awe

I guess Jennifer Aniston is Eva Braun to David Schwimmer's Hitler for friends, then

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Gay student union presidents. They are apparently Satan's representatives on the student council.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/bestoftv/2010/09/29/ac.asst.da.targets.gay.student.cnn

In fairness, the student has not actually denied that he's Satan's representative.

It was staring us right in the face the whole time. How could we be so blind?

adytum on
  • TalkcTalkc Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Im disappointed in Buster Bluth.

Talkc on
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    emnmnme wrote: »
    He says he's typing all of this as a private citizen during his off-hours, so it's all gravy ... I didn't know officials could do that! :P

The way I understand it is that he could be fired for saying these things. But they aren't required to fire him.

But if enough pressure is put on the AG office, I am sure they would.

JebusUD on
    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • SliderSlider Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    To be fair, the Michigan assistant attorney general doesn't look like a grown adult to me, nor does he sound or talk like a grown adult. Maybe he didn't know it was wrong to behave in this manner?

Slider on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

That the title for that linked page says Breaking News amuses me.

Shocking news from the front today! Gay student is greatest threat to America! Buy bonds!

Anway, I can't hear the audio at work, can I get a summary of his argument if he was one?

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Believe it or not, my first thought as I clicked the thread title was actually "gays".

I am super good at this game.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Forar wrote: »
    Believe it or not, my first thought as I clicked the thread title was actually "gays".

I am super good at this game.

Me too! Although now that I think about it, I can't for the life of me explain why my first guess wasn't "muslims."

Maybe because Michigan's Department of Justice recognizes that being a Muslim isn't a choice?

SammyF on
  • Edith_Bagot-DixEdith_Bagot-Dix Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Shocking news from the front today! Gay student is greatest threat to America! Buy bonds!

Anway, I can't hear the audio at work, can I get a summary of his argument if he was one?

He doesn't. Basically the assistant attorney general has long running blog outlining the many atrocities of a gay university student body president at the University of Michigan. It's full of "outrage alerts" for things like the student and his friends making fun of Christian bumper stickers or having a student party for gay freshmen. The assistant attorney general regularly protests the home of the student and videotapes him. The video is of the assistant attorney general attempting to justify this behaviour on CNN.

Edith_Bagot-Dix on

Also on Steam and PSN: twobadcats
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

He doesn't. Basically the assistant attorney general has long running blog outlining the many atrocities of a gay university student body president at the University of Michigan. It's full of "outrage alerts" for things like the student and his friends making fun of Christian bumper stickers or having a student party for gay freshmen. The assistant attorney general regularly protests the home of the student and videotapes him. The video is of the assistant attorney general attempting to justify this behaviour on CNN.

Sounds like harassment to be honest.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    If he wasn't targeting an innocent kid with this crazy then this would be hilarious. Instead it's just really funny. In a kind of horrible way.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

While watching that interview Anderson Cooper had with the highly punchable guy who opened his highly-punchable mouth and said things that should get people punched with his highly-punchable voice, all I could think about was how surreal the whole thing felt.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    edited September 2010
    June 27, 2010
    In a truly REVOLTING recent Facebook exchange (pictured above), Michigan Student Assembly (MSA) President Chris Armstrong, a wild-eyed radical homosexual activist, and MSA representative Ron Ketelhut, another homosexual activist, discuss their plans to engage in frequent casual "gay" sex together, beginning this fall semester ... Apparently, by posting their comments via each other's FB walls, they want all their student constituents to know what perverse sexual activity goes on between them in the bedroom and beyond ... By engaging in such flagrant sexual promiscuity in such a public manner Chris Armstrong shows the U of M community that he is not only a perverted homosexual exhibitionist, but also that he has a severe lack of judgment.

Be sure to look at the captured Facebook image at the top of the entry.

emnmnme on
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    His posts read like something from the Onion.

Couscous on
    edited September 2010
    Armstrong was not in Ann Arbor that night, as he was still in Washington, D.C., "interning" with the office of U.S. Speaker of the House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi. In fact, that night Armstrong was reportedly at a concert featuring the notorious anti-Catholic bigot, "Lady Gaga." Nonetheless, it appeared to me that several of Armstrong's supporters may have been in direct communication with Armstrong via their "smart phones."

Couscous on
    edited September 2010
    Couscous wrote: »
    Armstrong was not in Ann Arbor that night, as he was still in Washington, D.C., "interning" with the office of U.S. Speaker of the House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi. In fact, that night Armstrong was reportedly at a concert featuring the notorious anti-Catholic bigot, "Lady Gaga." Nonetheless, it appeared to me that several of Armstrong's supporters may have been in direct communication with Armstrong via their "smart phones."

Are the phones not in fact smart? Or perhaps their not phones at all.

Or maybe he really means they were having sex.

Anyway you look at it, the AG's office shouldn't be employing a stalker.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Lady Gaga is a notorious anti-Catholic bigot? Huh.

Captain Carrot on
    edited September 2010
    Of course, that kind of introduction was not good enough for Armstrong, a militant homosexual activist who would probably tattoo a rainbow "pride" flag across his forehead - if he could get away with it.
    Why has this guy not been fired?

Couscous on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    This guy seems absolutely batshit.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Sure, why not.

KalTorak on
    edited September 2010
    KalTorak wrote: »

Sure, why not.

Yeah that's like the least crazy thing in there.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited September 2010
    I mean seriously. An adult showing this kind of obsessive interest in some college kid is really creepy.
    Did the kid turn him down at a bar and now he's trying to get revenge?

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2010
    I mean seriously. An adult showing this kind of obsessive interest in some college kid is really creepy.

Closet gay, no doubt.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Closet gay, no doubt.

Yeah I can't see any other reason why he would single this kid out. Other than being just batshit crazy in general.

KalTorak on
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    This "guy" is pretty "terrible" at putting "random" quotation marks "on" really random words.

Burtletoy on
    edited September 2010
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    This "guy" is pretty "terrible" at putting "random" quotation marks "on" really random words.
    Preacher3.jpg

KalTorak on
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yay, Michigan...

You know, this guy supported my local sheriff when he pulled some shady stuff (using the medical marijuana grower's list to raid houses and seize cars, impounding victim's cars after a smash and grab spree at the mall, etc). My fiancee said something along the lines of, "Well, at least he's not a closet pedo or something."

Yep...
    She may have been talking about the sheriff and not the AAG, but it's funnier to assume she was.

Edit: "Excuse me, Anderson but they aren't unfounded accusations. He's never denied them."

So I think this has to be said: The assistant attorney general of Michigan can't have an orgasm unless he kills a dog.

He's made no attempt to deny this fact, therefore it is true.

Hevach on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Grown Man in Position of Power Goes Apeshit Over Existence of College Gay

In terms of this guy's epic public ejection from the closet, this is one hell of a prologue.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So, I had heard about this a few days ago, but just now watched the Anderson Cooper interview, and all I can say is...

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh this guy is aaaaah really um creepy.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
    edited September 2010
    Blackjack wrote: »

There's something off about him. It's not like his head or his features are misshapen but, when he's talking, it's like he is literally looking down his nose at you. Like, his shoulders are so tense, he can't bear to level his head.

emnmnme on
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    You know who this guy reminds me of? Jack Thompson.

All the features are there, except instead of vidja games its teh gays.

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Honestly I'm a fan of the theory that this dude is a self-hating closet case that Armstrong turned down once.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
    edited September 2010
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Blackjack wrote: »

There's something off about him. It's not like his head or his features are misshapen but, when he's talking, it's like he is literally looking down his nose at you. Like, his shoulders are so tense, he can't bear to level his head.

He's constantly clenching his butt cheeks lest a passing gay should attempt to fuck him.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited September 2010
    In that first little bit where he was being introduced his eyes were so shifty.
    shifty-eyes_o_GIFSoupcom.gif

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    OptimusZed wrote: »

In terms of this guy's epic public ejection from the closet, this is one hell of a prologue.

The Onion is getting some pretty serious competition from actual events that real people are doing.

They need to step up their game

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited September 2010
    Elldren wrote: »
    OptimusZed wrote: »

The Onion is getting some pretty serious competition from actual events that real people are doing.

They need to step up their game

Reality keeps on throwing the Onion curveballs.
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/muscleman-put-in-charge-of-worlds-fifthlargest-eco,877/

Couscous on
    edited September 2010
    Also, I don't know if it's just the compression or what, but Anderson's suit is really shiny.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    Gaydar is going crazy on this guy.

Doc on