As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Thread locked, no explanation.

CiSTM K0nFLiqTCiSTM K0nFLiqT Registered User regular
http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=129294

This thread, got locked.

Why?

I can't figure it out and no one has told me.

Tell me what happened so I don't repeat the mistake.

EDIT: sorry by the way if this isn't the right place for this thread. I don't know which mod locked it though, and I didn't wanna make a thread in the subforum the thread was made in because that'd be kinda pissy looking.

I thought this was the best place.

I like your suit, love...
CiSTM K0nFLiqT on

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    It was a poll thread. It's point ten in the rules not to make them.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • CiSTM K0nFLiqTCiSTM K0nFLiqT Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I don't see any poll.

Thanks for trying to help though.

CiSTM K0nFLiqT on
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    That is a poll thread, even if it doesn't have a formal poll.
    "tell me your 5 favorite whatevers" threads are considered poll thread here, and frowned upon by the mods. We already had that sort of discussion many times before, anyway, with much better OPs.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
    edited October 2010
    Really? That wasn't my intention at all.

I really just wanted to get some suggestions for games to play, my collection is wearing a bit thin right now.

There was no need to shit on my post by the way, but thanks nonetheless. I'll be sure to avoid making threads like this in future.

CiSTM K0nFLiqT on
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    To specify a bit better, a poll thread at PA is any thread where you might expect a lot of the posts to be a simple answer, just somebody posting the name of a game or box art with little else. Even if some posts have more information, like a paragraph explaining why X is the best game in its category, the idea is that a lot of posts will not be read by other posters in the thread because everyone is just listing a game or two and leaving. It's not conducive to good discussion.

It is true that occasionally poll threads will go a few dozen pages and not get locked, because sometimes that line is blurred and we have some good discussion, but generally they are frowned upon.

Not to shit on you or your thread, but another thing about your thread that doesn't fly well around here is the idea that some aspects of a game makes it a proper RPG or shooter or whatever. That typically ends up in huge arguments over definitions and whether a listed game meets all the criteria. I don't think it's against the rules but it can result in high tensions. It's fine to say you like games where you get to do X, but suggesting that X means the game is somehow more legitimate is going a little far.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    edited October 2010
    Thanks muchly, that really clears things up for me.

About your second point: I just thought I should be specific about what kinda game I was looking for. To me JRPGs are more like reading a book than forging your own tale. Not that all JRPGs are shit, some are quite good. But I digress. I was just trying to be specific, not shit on anyone's tastes.

CiSTM K0nFLiqT on
  • ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I am locking this thread because you should be private messaging a moderator of the forum or their fearless leader Cardboard Tube. Discussing this in public is not in your best interest :wink:

Älphämönkëy on
This discussion has been closed.