As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Facepalm moments

El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
edited October 2010 in Social Entropy++
The older I get the more I wonder how some people manage to survive day to day. Maybe I'm getting old and cranky, or maybe most people should actually think about what the eff they are doing before they do it.

Case in point:

A couple of weeks ago, my personal email got used for some work communications (because I don't have access to my work email from home) to alleviate some crisis. So a couple of people have my home email (gmail) in their contact book at work. So after getting some work emails to gmail the last few days, I politely replied to the coworker asking them to update their contact to use my work email. Said coworker replied to my gmail account to say that they would do that.

facepalm.jpg

Anyone else care to share some recent facepalm moments?

El Guaco on

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    What happened next

did you punch that jerk right in the face

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    deadlyrhetoricdeadlyrhetoric "We could be two straight lines in a crooked world."__BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    Here's a good one: the past 25 years of my miserable life.

deadlyrhetoric on
  • Options
    redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    ok so is there some rule that images are not allowed to exist on the internet any more except in the form of fake motivational posters

redhead on
  • Options
    ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Considering my infrequent visits to the forum...

This thread.

ascot on
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    all the stupid things in my life are perpetrated by me and me alone

YaYa on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Oh, I don't believe that I'm perfect, by any stretch of the imagination. But I find it funny/sad/annoying/frightening how often people in general can really make you doubt your sanity. I was just trying to vent, that's all. I figured other people wouldn't mind letting off some steam as well and we'd get some great stories out of it.

El Guaco on
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    redhead wrote: »
    ok so is there some rule that images are not allowed to exist on the internet any more except in the form of fake motivational posters

motivationalpostersever.jpg

JoeUser on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    The OP has been demotivated! Back to your regularly scheduled programming...

El Guaco on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I did something similar and accidentally used my personal GTalk account to talk to a coworker, since we use Google Apps for Domains at work. He occasionally sends me messages on there instead but he's cool so I don't worry about it.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I've got a million of these.

A recent one: A girl came up to my desk and asked me for a history book. I asked her what kind of history and she said "From the beginning."

Peen on
  • Options
    Samir Duran DuranSamir Duran Duran Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    OP facepalm moment was weak.

I personally never made any mistakes in life and won them all.
    Peen wrote: »

A recent one: A girl came up to my desk and asked me for a history book. I asked her what kind of history and she said "From the beginning."

Sounds like a joke or something.

Samir Duran Duran on
    Ani121OD.pngSpr_3e_121.gifAni121OD.png
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You don't have access to work email from home?

That's silly.

mcp on
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Oh it wasn't a joke. I asked her if she could be more specific and she said she needed one on the history of wars, and countries, and the president.

This was a 9th grader.

Peen on
  • Options
    Samir Duran DuranSamir Duran Duran Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Oh it wasn't a joke. I asked her if she could be more specific and she said she needed one on the history of wars, and countries, and the president.

This was a 9th grader.

So get her all the books. Problem solved.

Samir Duran Duran on
    Ani121OD.pngSpr_3e_121.gifAni121OD.png
  • Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

This was a 9th grader.

or the Old Testament, and then smile at her knowingly.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    T. J. Nutty Nub T. J. Nutty Nub Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Silmaril wrote: »

This was a 9th grader.

War and Peace

T. J. Nutty Nub on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    27.jpg

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    Bacon-BuTTyBacon-BuTTy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    When I was in college, we were reading "An Inspector Calls" in English class. For those that don't know, it is set in the early 20th century and features a very illusive character who seems to be all knowing.

Our task was to put forward theories to the rest of the class as to who or what the illusive inspector might be. We were given one "Theory" each, and we all stood up in front of the class and gave our 7-10 minute speeches on why we thought, or did not think that the inspector was whatever theory we were given.

My friend stood up and said, without irony - "I do not think the Inspector was a time traveller because Time Machines were not invented back then" and sat back down.

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Silmaril wrote: »

This was a 9th grader.

War and Peace

star wars?

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I was playing Cribbage and the opponent's peg was 2 spots from the win, I had first count and needed 6, I was tired and played a 8 to make the total 21 and was met immediately with a king and a loss.

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Went roaring down a hill on a bicycle (when I was little) and took my feet off the pedals to do a thing.

I was used to hand brakes. This one had pedal brakes.

So much pain.

MKR on
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I've told this before, but we were watching Saving Private Ryan in my 10 or 11th grade history class, and a girl leaned over and asked who we were fighting against

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I was playing Cribbage and the opponent's peg was 2 spots from the win, I had first count and needed 6, I was tired and played a 8 to make the total 21 and was met immediately with a king and a loss.

dang.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

was your face red?

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    hoo boy was it!

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Crashmo wrote: »
    I've told this before, but we were watching Saving Private Ryan in my 10 or 11th grade history class, and a girl leaned over and asked who we were fighting against

Well, WE were fighting against Tom Hanks.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    When I was in college, we were reading "An Inspector Calls" in English class. For those that don't know, it is set in the early 20th century and features a very illusive character who seems to be all knowing.

Our task was to put forward theories to the rest of the class as to who or what the illusive inspector might be. We were given one "Theory" each, and we all stood up in front of the class and gave our 7-10 minute speeches on why we thought, or did not think that the inspector was whatever theory we were given.

My friend stood up and said, without irony - "I do not think the Inspector was a time traveller because Time Machines were not invented back then" and sat back down.

hey I read (and watched) that for English, it was pretty good.

101 on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I was walking down the hall from one panel to the vendor room (free loot!) at a conference and a guy walked past me, "Arrath" he said. I didn't know his name, so I just said "Morning!"

It was 4pm.

Arrath on
  • Options
    Brodo FagginsBrodo Faggins Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

This is brilliant.

Brodo Faggins on
    9PZnq.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    mcp wrote: »
    You don't have access to work email from home?

That's silly.

Oh, it's on purpose. I could get access from home, but that requires one of those security fobs with the changing numbers, etc. The idea is that I can only be reached at home by phone in extreme situations. I don't believe in checking work email 24/7.

El Guaco on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I had an argument with a co-worker yesterday because he didn't think I had Copper data for him on some samples, and he specifically asked for it. So I went and checked my electronic report, and called him back to tell him it was there.

Five minutes later he calls again telling me I fucked up. I look again and read him the information off the report.

He was looking for Co

I didn't run Cobalt...I ran Copper, which is Cu. He told me I need to make my reports less confusing. I actually got a negative feedback because this clown doesn't know the periodic table. My boss threw it away and called the guy a moron.

Hunter on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ahahaha oh goddamit Hunter

Usagi on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I don't really have any of these personally, but a friend of mine works in a library and once a judge came in asking him for a book that he needed in the line of his work. Apparantly when asked about this book the judge replied that it "was blue, possibly yellow, maybe even both."

Yes, these people decide the future of criminals.

Solar on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Usagi wrote: »
    Ahahaha oh goddamit Hunter

My life is a Dilbert cartoon.

Hunter on
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    one time i walked into a store and this lady was like 'come fuck me in the bathroom' and i was like 'yeah' and then she told everyone after that i raped her

people sure are idiots

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2010
    My favorite facepalm moment was back during the elections in 2008 where a very religious lady at work walked up to me and said "So who are you voting for?" I was mortified by this question because one thing you don't do at the state is get into those kind of discussions, so I just said I hadn't decided. She stated, "Well, I don't like either of them. I wish I could put God on the ballot" which she followed with a dreamy sigh.

Oh wait, that's not a facepalm moment, that's a vomit with rage moment.

A duck! on
  • Options
    iusehappymodiusehappymod Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I went to the doctor yesterday. Not only did the Nurse think that 72 inches was the same as 6'2", but when I went into the doctors actual office, all the shades were down, the lights were out, and he was sitting in front of his computer watching Bob Dylan videos.

Actually that last part was kind of awesome. But then he asked me how many men I'd slept with.

iusehappymod on

Hamlet will be Hamlet
    An ineffable tragedy of the human spirit that still resonates, even today.
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So I was working at the radio station yesterday and the jackasss who had a show starts introducing Cee Lo's Fuck You. Bad enough that hes playing this song on our student radio station that does not allow for profane language right? It gets better.

"Gnarls Barkley has a new song out, only this time he's going by the name Cee Lo Green. Hmm, not quite as clever a name, but i like the song"

Also he played Owl City.

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm usually pretty okay at job interviews. I took part in a mock job interview with my fellow classmates yesterday and I did a great job asking the questions.

I totally froze when the roles were reversed. I hate my brain.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    cee lo green may be IN gnarl's barkley but gnarls barkley is a duo not a single person

this is what you will carve onto his face

Kusuguttai on