As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ZHP: Unlosing Ranger vs Darkdeath Evilman. Disgaea-Diablo. We are soooo screwed.

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF You know...I've tried. I really have. I've resisted the PSP call for years now, I resisted when they released the Prinny games, I resisted the FF games on it....I have been vigilant.

But this.....this game...I think it will be the breaking point.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    InitialDK wrote: »
    I downloaded this off the network and though I just barely beat part 1 of the first real "mission" I think this will both be awesome and terrifying.

However since I downloaded it I do not have the instruction manual and I have no idea what the individual stats for my character mean. Is that information on the PSN or in the game because I haven't found it yet? I finished the initiald tutorials and the only stats they went in depth with are energy and weapon endurance.

Highlight the game on the XMB and hit Triangle. If the manual is included, it'll be listed there.

Renzo on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Renzo wrote: »
    I downloaded this off the network and though I just barely beat part 1 of the first real "mission" I think this will both be awesome and terrifying.

However since I downloaded it I do not have the instruction manual and I have no idea what the individual stats for my character mean. Is that information on the PSN or in the game because I haven't found it yet? I finished the initiald tutorials and the only stats they went in depth with are energy and weapon endurance.

Highlight the game on the XMB and hit Triangle. If the manual is included, it'll be listed there.

I keep seeing that. What the heck is "XMB" anyway?

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Magic Pink wrote: »

I keep seeing that. What the heck is "XMB" anyway?

The Cross Media Bar, the "desktop" of the PS3 and PSP. The default system menu, whatever you want to call it.

edit: I think the official term for it is "Xross Media Bar", but that way lies insanity.

Renzo on
  • Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF You know...I've tried. I really have. I've resisted the PSP call for years now, I resisted when they released the Prinny games, I resisted the FF games on it....I have been vigilant.

But this.....this game...I think it will be the breaking point.

I'm right there with you. Sent a bunch of old games into Amazon for credit and ordered one just today. Come on, Friday!

Also, KiTA, this is all your fault for starting this thread! :x
    <3

Vi Monks on
  • Options
    InitialDKInitialDK Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Thanks for the help. It turns out the very next part explains it. Nothing mind blowing, just don't know why "melee attack" is reprsented by "SAT"? I understand it now.

I don't think I can blame the game yet, but the very first boss room on 1-2 is kicking my but. I'm total-level 35 now and I'm still dying in two hits to the boss before I can run away get to the other...boss. (it will make sense).
    I think it's something tactical and I have to take my time to clear the way and then use throw to get rid of the boss which I've only tried a couple times. Otherwise I may find myself grinding 1-1 over and over.

InitialDK on
    "I'd happily trade your life for knowledge of my powers."
    -Louis C.K.
  • Options
    4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    http://diehardgamefan.com/2010/10/25/review-z-h-p-unlosing-ranger-vs-darkdeath-evilman-sony-psp/

Another review. Some interesting pieces..
    1. Story: Good.
    Whether you’re a longtime fan of Nippon Ichi’s sense of humour, a fan of roguelikes, or just looking for a well written RPG, you’ll find Z.H.P.

2. Graphics: Enjoyable
    So the graphics might not be amongst the best on the PSP, but they are a lot of fun. The boss battles are a multi-layered joke and the character sprites are original and adorable.

3. Sound: Great
    This is by far the best overall aspect of Z.H.P. The soundtrack is simply amazing and is easily one of the best in any Nippon Ichi games.

4. Control and Gameplay: Good
    If your PSP gets accidentally turned off in a battle, the game will know ala Animal Crossing and you will lose all your items and money. There is no quick save, there is no “Mr. Gency’s Exit” equivalent, there is no anything to let you leave a dungeon, save for beating it or running into a caravan.

5. Replayability: Mediocre
    Most roguelikes are pretty opened ended. You have an eventual goal, but there are generally a lot of sidequests, mini games and other things to distract you from the main plot point. In Z.H.P., you don’t really have that.

6. Balance: Great
    Newcomers to roguelikes will find this game pretty hard still, but veterans to the subgenre will be impressed by how well balanced this game is, even if they find it a little easier that other games of this genre.

7. Originality: Above Average
    Much like how Disgaea totally reshaped the SRPG playing field, Z.H.P. will no doubt do the same thing with roguelikes. Thanks to this and PMD, roguelikes are finally becoming a genre that anyone can enjoy – not just an exceptionally tiny subsect of gamers.

8. Addictiveness: Good
    It was hard to put down this game, and I’d often do one or two dungeons in a row (I only ever got killed once, but I’ve been playing this genre since I was a little kid) before taking a break.

Overall: ENJOYABLE GAME!

He is a paid consultant for the Pokemon Company, which is why he references Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (really, is this a good game? anyone? I've never tried it or even considered it). His gripe about not being able to save mid-dungeon is ignorable since you can just put the PSP on sleep mode, like with any other game.

My review of his review:
    1. Bias: Mediocre
    2. Overall Rating: Enjoyable Review!

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    PMD's are great my first roguelikes.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    My "total level" is in the 60's and I can't beat the first boss......alright NipponIchi, this is how it's going to be.

[edit] OK I was totally trying to kill the wrong "boss". I figured the one I was supposed to not hurt would be the one in front....at least I'm super buff now! (level 100+ before defeating first boss).

InitialDK on
    -Louis C.K.
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Man, my copy is in Salt Lake City. Hope it gets here tomorrow but it might be Friday -- or worse, Monday. Would really, really, really like to have it before I move out this weekend.

KiTA on
  • Options
    MagitekMagitek Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    My "total level" is in the 60's and I can't beat the first boss......alright NipponIchi, this is how it's going to be.

[edit] OK I was totally trying to kill the wrong "boss". I figured the one I was supposed to not hurt would be the one in front....at least I'm super buff now! (level 100+ before defeating first boss).

I was worried about this boss, but it wasn't too hard. Aced on first attempt... infact I'm now on the 4th or 5th area and I haven't died yet (total level 30?) :<
    To be fair it was pretty close on the first boss fight, I underestimated how LAT attacks worked; nearly got diced up when I realized he didn't have to be in a straight/diagonal line in order to attack!
    Managed to power myself out of it at 3 hp by throwing him onto a spike bed, then throwing a poison potion his way, followed up with a hammer.

Anyone familiar with standard roguelike 101 should not have a problem here.

So far the game seems like a real winner, quite a number of innovative features and a boatload of customisation while not being terribly harsh.

Magitek on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Woot. It should be here... today!

Won't get home until about 8:30/9 PM thanks to drivers' ed, but, woot!

KiTA on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    PMD's are great my first roguelikes.

Totally, I love 'em. Almost more then regular Pokemon. I wish the Wii games would be released in the US.

Also, ON THE FLY SAVING IS A MUST FOR PORTABLE GAMES. Why do developers not realize this?

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Also, ON THE FLY SAVING IS A MUST FOR PORTABLE GAMES. Why do developers not realize this?

Just put it into sleep until you finish the current dungeon, or turn it off; if you do turn it off you will just lose the items you're holding, you gain the levels regardless of whether you complete the dungeon or not. I don't think it's such a big deal in ZHP. You can send important items back to town easily if you must hold onto certain things.
    People will probably rage at me for saying this, but I'm glad it's not so simple to save scum.. I really hate fighting such an urge.
    It really is a roguelike with no compromises just because its on a portable system.

Continuing from my last post, an 8 hour marathon later, looks like fallout vegas is on the backburner for awhile :D
    Managed to unlock the optional 60 floor master-dungeon(rank 1) and two anime-related dungeons. I really need to upgrade the caravan before pushing any further on that master-dungeon beast though, I don't have the balls to try take on 60 levels in one swoop without a couple trips to town.

As for the anime related content, each anime dungeon seems to have a unique focus, for the two I have:
    Shakugan no Shana: No regular attacks (I wasn't even going to attempt this! Maybe later when I can scratch up an EN-savings type setup)

Asura Crying: Ice floors deal constant damage (Pretty hard getting around, not sure how much ice resistance would help, it wasn't too backbreaking however. Managed to pick up hell of a demon sword here which I lost soon after trudging through the snow carelessly.)
    I'm hoping the others will be just as interesting to challenge.

Hero power:
    Somehow they managed to squeeze a bit of tetris and a bit of pipe mania into the mix in a rather amusing fashion (not realtime/minigame though). The system in question governs which stats you gain inside dungeons when you level up from 1 as well as a number of other things like damage multipliers for weapons/armor etc. Items and the like can be sacrificed to improve it.

Items:
    There are probably fewer items/base equips than the average roguelike, but each one is approximately three times as useful(and three times as crazy looking?). Each weapon/armor/etc can, and will have, multiple abilities attached to them; ranging from damage reflection to sword techniques to .. well, anything you can find in the disgaea series and no doubt more. Best part about it is, you can splice all of these into weapons of mass destruction and continually refine them similar to shiren the wanderers system but with much greater depth.

Lastly without even bothering to mention a peep of dungeon gameplay, you can improve the town by recruiting inhabitants from dungeons and setting up buildings where you want which I thought was pretty neat touch.

They really jammed a boatload of stuff into this game.

Magitek on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Magitek wrote: »

Just put it into sleep until you finish the current dungeon, or turn it off; if you do turn it off you will just lose the items you're holding, you gain the levels regardless of whether you complete the dungeon or not. I don't think it's such a big deal in ZHP. You can send important items back to town easily if you must hold onto certain things.
    People will probably rage at me for saying this, but I'm glad it's not so simple to save scum.. I really hate fighting such an urge.
    It really is a roguelike with no compromises just because its on a portable system.

Except the PSP will run out of juice by the time I can get it home, even on sleep.

Temp saves. No reason not to do those now. None.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Magitek wrote: »

Except the PSP will run out of juice by the time I can get it home, even on sleep.

Temp saves. No reason not to do those now. None.

Your PSP probably needs a new battery then, it should theoretically last upto a week in standby, surely it can manage 6-8 hours at even 10% battery life.

An article from IGN on it if you're interested: http://au.psp.ign.com/articles/574/574557p4.html

It's a valid complaint, but hardly something game breaking.
    edit: hell, my PSP is about 4 years old now? it still maintains several days in standby, though i've not tested it rigorously.

Magitek on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Yikes, yeah I guess it does. It lasts about an hour off-plug and about 6 in sleep at best.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I think there should be more of a differentiation between rogue-likes and mystery dungeon games, like JRPG and western RPG. In rogue-likes you have one life to live and you truly start over. In mystery dungeon games while your items and stats reset you are still technically making progress.

Anyhoo, I think I play mystery dungeon games wrong, especially ZHP. I play the same level a dozen times until I'm a god and one-shotting everything and have a stock of the level's items in my storage (which will shortly be lost anyway).

I think the "total level" system is deceiving. It should have been more like your dungeon levels transfer into experience that then truly raises your total stats. On the other hand it is badass I'm over level 100 and only on 2-2.

InitialDK on
    -Louis C.K.
  • Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Perhaps stupid questions, but...

1) when going back into dungeons to grind for meat, in 2 and 3 i ran into special bosses on the last floor of the dungeon; this hasn't happened with any of the other dungeons. Anyone have any idea why?

2) Is there anything you need to do to get the body mod stuff to open up more? It seems like i've had the same amount of space open to me since the Hero Energy Tutorial came up, and i'm on the...7th dungeon now.

3) What, exactly, governs energy usage in dungeons? Sometimes it seems like i just burn through my Energy, other times it's a bit more leisurely. But i never seem to have enough to get through even the 60floor challenge dungeon...even packing as much meat as i can.

As a note, i'm playing the J-version of the game...my translation skills aren't exactly the greatest, so there may have been something that answered these that i completely didn't notice.

Thanks to anyone with any ideas....and as at least a small trade, this tidbit.... you can swap any of the shop-clerk characters in your base, between shops or with characters you find in the dungeons...this includes your wife and daughter. Whether this has any effect beyond the cosmetic, i can't say.

Chris, Waffle King of Osaka

---It's all fun and games and then there's an extended bit on child neglect.

chris: waffle king on
    steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I think there should be more of a differentiation between rogue-likes and mystery dungeon games, like JRPG and western RPG. In rogue-likes you have one life to live and you truly start over. In mystery dungeon games while your items and stats reset you are still technically making progress.

Anyhoo, I think I play mystery dungeon games wrong, especially ZHP. I play the same level a dozen times until I'm a god and one-shotting everything and have a stock of the level's items in my storage (which will shortly be lost anyway).

I think the "total level" system is deceiving. It should have been more like your dungeon levels transfer into experience that then truly raises your total stats. On the other hand it is badass I'm over level 100 and only on 2-2.

You're not playing it wrong.. all NIS games are made to be abused in this fashion haha. I see the caravan goes into the triple digits so should be long ride, no matter which way you play it.

I've died about 3 times now, thanks to an ambush on 4-2 or 3-2. I was absolutely screwed by it, could have avoided it by keeping a decent AOE cast prepped though I guess.
    Within a few minutes you can get back to your former glory with your new shiny stats though.
    It's conceivable you could just keep grinding turning most of the game into a joke, but hey. You can do this in any disgaea game too.

edit: guess I should mention it was more fun once I had gotten my first death and realized that smooth = boring.

Magitek on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Perhaps stupid questions, but...

1) when going back into dungeons to grind for meat, in 2 and 3 i ran into special bosses on the last floor of the dungeon; this hasn't happened with any of the other dungeons. Anyone have any idea why?

2) Is there anything you need to do to get the body mod stuff to open up more? It seems like i've had the same amount of space open to me since the Hero Energy Tutorial came up, and i'm on the...7th dungeon now.

3) What, exactly, governs energy usage in dungeons? Sometimes it seems like i just burn through my Energy, other times it's a bit more leisurely. But i never seem to have enough to get through even the 60floor challenge dungeon...even packing as much meat as i can.

As a note, i'm playing the J-version of the game...my translation skills aren't exactly the greatest, so there may have been something that answered these that i completely didn't notice.

Thanks to anyone with any ideas....and as at least a small trade, this tidbit.... you can swap any of the shop-clerk characters in your base, between shops or with characters you find in the dungeons...this includes your wife and daughter. Whether this has any effect beyond the cosmetic, i can't say.

Chris, Waffle King of Osaka

---It's all fun and games and then there's an extended bit on child neglect.

1) I think I've killed two of those and died to one. Pretty sure they're random elite enemies that pop up from time to time.

2) Level-based according to the tutorial? You get unlocks you can spend in the body mod screen, you get more as you level. I have about 20 new squares unlocked at total level 150 or something.

3) Number of things, duel wielding without the skill will destroy your EN. Other than that, isn't it purely burnt based on your actions? Skills/Movement/Blocking etc.

Magitek on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Yikes, yeah I guess it does. It lasts about an hour off-plug and about 6 in sleep at best.

Yeah. Mine lasts 3 off plug and even I'm considering replacing the battery.

Anyone know where to buy a good replacement battery for the PSP-1000? Preferably a high capacity one?

KiTA on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    For anyone having food issues in longer dungeons:
    There's an equip called the Catsabre Helm. Don't blame me if you hate the drawback however hahah..
    Skill: Gold tooth - Cannot obtain money, but you will be able to eat it.
    Found it on excavator in master dungeon @ level 7.

My batteries are so abused, I even let it one go dead flat for 2 months. I was so surprised when it charged right back upto to 100% with 7+ hours off plug.
    On this issue again: You can save and quit while at a caravan without losing anything as I just tested.

Magitek on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    So.... Yeah. This game punishes you rather severely if the game is turned off while in a dungeon.

My USB PSP charger (which is the only one I have right now) is causing the game (as well as Dissidia) to randomly turn off the PSP.

... I AM DISSAPOINT.

KiTA on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    So I'm um... many hours in.

This is pretty much the most fun I've had on my PSP ever. I almost wish there was a PS3 version of this, since even being at home I'm just sitting here on my PSP screen.

I think what really sold it, however, was the random 4chan reference in Chapter 2.
    Oh no, it's a delicious cake... I must eat it!

o_O What. The. Hell?

KiTA on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    A PS3 sequel would be hot, but it doesn't bother me that they chose the PSP for it. Well, other than the fact no one actually buys PSP games. The lack of interest in this is disturbing :(

I'd been killing for a decent roguelike on the PSP for awhile. I can't stand powder and tome was a bit hard to play due to the sheer number of hotkeys.

Total Level 360.. and I still don't have a clue how to get additional floor settings on the caravan. Anyone know the secret to this mystery?
    I have a feeling that I could probably tackle the 60 floor dungeon now, even without an extra caravan stop.. might give it a shot tonight with my longsword+10 Excalibur :D

edit: for the entire game I've been wondering how to get barrier stones.. turns out the gold hammer creates them when you hit enemies. :<

Magitek on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    So I made it to the end of first master dungeon.. I knew that the final level would be difficult.
    However, It exceeded by expectations greatly:
    Flonne was waiting on the 60th floor.
    She and her 6 cloud goons were roughly level 750, I was around Total level 350 + Level 95.
    Even though I was wearing the butterfly expansion that gives you some form of stealth, they started aggressive; not that it probably would have mattered either way!

Naturally I was turned to dust on the first turn(think I was instagibbed for about 6000). I had 250,000wp on me from the dungeon. Had some really neat gear.
    But not all is lost, I managed to procure two rare metals to further my construction of my longsword artifact excalibur and unlock a mammoth 100 floor dungeon.

I had my caravan set to level 30, but not a single member made it alive. Looks like I do a hell of a lot more diving to improve them; I did managed to grab two inhabitants that had 7-10 skills which was nice.

Magitek on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Wait. Metals? Constructing a longsword artifact?

... What the nut are you talking about?

You can make items in this?

... God, that would make dying suck.

KiTA on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    KiTA wrote: »
    Wait. Metals? Constructing a longsword artifact?

... What the nut are you talking about?

You can make items in this?

... God, that would make dying suck.

I've found a couple rare metals now, they're a generic synth item that can be used with any item type.

As for my longsword, you can rename items + level up via synth + splice other weapon abilities. It is essentially creating items from a base type.

If you're worried about losing something, just add a save capsule to your hero power and mark the item "keep" in a dungeon or call the delivery guys when you're about to buy the farm. Only buying insurance can help you if you die with it equipped at the time though.

Magitek on
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dont' worry too much. Adding a Capsule and getting your caravan set up will make the game far less headache inducing. Expect to die and loose stuff a LOT early on, but all your really doing is grinding up your level and getting slots on your Hero Mode. Later, when you get the right combination of modules, upgrades, and uber 1st level buffs from leveling in the dungeons, well lets just say you'll blast through levels of later dungeons w/out looking back. Eventually you'll be ready for the 100+ floor item monster dungeons, etc.

Although, I'm working on fixing my EN efficiency. I keep blowing my juice on special attacks. Off to gather more body upgrades for my guy...I just have to find the right type. Have you all set up the emergency tranformation yet? I love the Henshining mid/late dungeon to a fresh gear set. It's so satifying and life saving.

And lord, the injokes. So many injoke!

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    MugaazMugaaz Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I haven't used special attacks at all and I've beaten the game and the first mastery dungeon. They are such a pain in the ass to equip and use + EN that it hasn't been worth it yet. Second mastery dungeon is actually kind of hard. First time I ever died was there, made it to level 46. The elite enmies there are insane. I like this game, but some of the game systems were not explained at all and if you didn't figure out on accident it's a huge detriment.

You REALLY want to recruit 10 innocents as fast as you can to unlock the Tiger's Den building. This building levels the skills of your NPC by a percentage for every 10 floors you clear in the mastery dungeons. Doing this is the only way to get multiple caravan trips, smith repairs, and wife food in the dungeon. Also, leveling up your caravan and other NPCS is the only way to have them not die when you set the caravan deep in the dungeon which is necessary to be able to excavate and buy the unique items. It takes a couple runs to get the 10 innocents, I didn't find a single one sometimes running through 59 floors on the first mastery dungeon.

Mugaaz on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    My game needs to fucking show up.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    P.S. Protip, the mod for extra inventory slots is way more powerful than getting a 50% boost to your weapon.
    Right now I have 22 inventory slots. Which means I leave the dungeon with 17 items for my shadowgram and 5 items I buy from the caravan. This is how you level up long term.

For shadogram strategies I'm a little unsure on what's best between
    1) Only SAT or LAT
    2) SAT/LAT + SPD
    3) SAT/LAT + SDF + LDF

You need enough attack to one shot regular enemies without a weapon. In the second mastery dungeon you also need to have enough attack to be able to one shot the elite enemies and 10f stair bosses while dual wielding. I didn't have enough on floor 46 and got destroyed.

Mugaaz on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Mugaaz wrote: »
    P.S. Protip, the mod for extra inventory slots is way more powerful than getting a 50% boost to your weapon.
    Right now I have 22 inventory slots. Which means I leave the dungeon with 17 items for my shadowgram and 5 items I buy from the caravan. This is how you level up long term.

For shadogram strategies I'm a little unsure on what's best between
    1) Only SAT or LAT
    2) SAT/LAT + SPD
    3) SAT/LAT + SDF + LDF

You need enough attack to one shot regular enemies without a weapon. In the second mastery dungeon you also need to have enough attack to be able to one shot the elite enemies and 10f stair bosses while dual wielding. I didn't have enough on floor 46 and got destroyed.

I have +50% to left hand(only takes two hero power if you route them a reasonably long way and merge them) and 26 inventory slots(M booster + several hero power).. somehow I managed to squeeze a large item saver on there too. With 1 hero power put to it, I can now save a crazy ten items at a time.

As for elites in mid dungeon, make sure you have a long ranged C+ ability and reasonable HIT (missing these overlevelled brutes will lead to your death very quickly!). Also don't forget about barriers. Barriers will make short work of any enemy(s), regardless of their defense, speed, or hitpoints. They're not hard to setup, especially around a boss on stairs. Consider giving them a shot, they're pretty amazing when you plan things out.

As for the shadowgram, I'm using high SAT with a reasonable amount of LAT, with nearly no speed and just light defenses. I tend to rip up NPCs with the minigun before engaging with my lance or dragonclaw.
    I think I probably have too much SAT now.. really need to start pushing some LDF as ranged attacks are becoming very dangerous.

I think speed is completely useless against any enemy that outlevels you; I think it's best forgotten if you intend to have powerful SAT/LAT. I'm not sure how it'd do if you went completely SPD however.. could be worth a shot to be able to run rings about just about everything while using barriers or abilities.

Total level 3470. Second mastery dungeon gets dangerous around 30!
    Monster level is currently +2, anyone know what this is actually doing?

Magitek on
  • Options
    AntryuAntryu New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Not one GS on the whole island of Manhattan has this game in. Does anyone own an actual physical copy or you all just dl'ed it?

Ah shit, totp. Sorry

Antryu on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The church pretty much sucks, it level up all the monsters. it's not just +2 level, its like a percentage scale. The extra experience is kinds worthless, it helps you level faster, but you're still weaker overall. Also, IMO in all the Disgaea games the enemies become stronger in comparison to you as both your levels rise due to stat imbalances become more dramatic.

I agree that LDF becomes a bigger deal later on, some of the enemies ranged attacks really, really hurt.

I haven't gotten the item saver that lets you keep equipped items when you die so I haven't been using any equipment long term. I did get some stat boost boosters for the shadowgram that are insane though. +10 to +50% to a stat, way better than any equipment boost imo. Only found SDF and LDF now, can't wait for SAT.

Questions for you:
    I'm surprised you went with LAT weapons. I hated them because if it breaks and you don't have a replacement you're instantly dead. While with SAT you can still punch non elite enemies easily. I'm starting to rethink this because it becomes kind of true for SAT later on as well.

You have been having problems with HIT? I don't think I've missed an enemy with an attack yet, little surprised to hear that. Though I also never use the specials.

Mugaaz on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Antryu wrote: »
    Not one GS on the whole island of Manhattan has this game in. Does anyone own an actual physical copy or you all just dl'ed it?

Ah shit, totp. Sorry

I bought it on PSN. Not sure why you guys want the physical copy for it, doesn't seem like they made many of them.

Mugaaz on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Mugaaz wrote: »
    Antryu wrote: »

Ah shit, totp. Sorry

I bought it on PSN. Not sure why you guys want the physical copy for it, doesn't seem like they made many of them.

I got mine off Amazon. They shipped it a few days ago.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Guitar Hero Of TimeGuitar Hero Of Time Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So, if I have an original run PSP with v1.0 firmware and probably a dead battery sitting in a box in the basement.....is it possible and I can get and play this game via PS3 online store? Tons of firmware updates? Do I need a huge memory card?

Or should I just throw it away?

Guitar Hero Of Time on
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So, if I have an original run PSP with v1.0 firmware and probably a dead battery sitting in a box in the basement.....is it possible and I can get and play this game via PS3 online store? Tons of firmware updates? Do I need a huge memory card?

Or should I just throw it away?

If you have a 1GB memory card it should suffice. I believe the game is about 500MB. And yes firmware update.

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png