As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Guild Wars 2 - BWE #3: 20-22 July - Return to FORT ASPENWOOD! - Release date: 28 August!

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Or, we can go with my PvP arena team name that no one would ever join me with @Lord Dave @Radius and be Skragg's Angels

/gremove Skragg
    /gremove Zerv
    /gremove Higgins

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    @Vivixenne here is my number name!

Sarksus.6823

That's a prime number!

• Options
    Tomorrow is Friday, Friday

Gonna put centaurs down on Friday

Which loot will I taaaaake?

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Rainfall.2397 woo!

• Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Man, when I first heard about this game I was super excited, then I forgot about it, now I'm ridiculously excited again!

e: Also, I'm looking forward to playing with you guys, since I don't usually get a chance to play games with PA people.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Mmos have completely forgotten that their whole point is to team up with huge numbers of people to accomplish a goal. I'm excited for the possibility of large scale pvp coordination between multiple guilds that I haven't seen since relic raids in DAOC. I'm a little concerned that the game might be too pretty (and thus too demanding on computers) for three 100+ man armies running into each other though.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Or, we can go with my PvP arena team name that no one would ever join me with @Lord Dave @Radius and be Skragg's Angels

Skraggle Rock

• Options
    EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Look at all these cool dudes in the OP.

Gonna add all of you. We will all be the best friends.

fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • Options
    Erics wrote: »
    Look at all these cool dudes in the OP.

Gonna add all of you. We will all be the best friends.

Yessssssss

• Options
    I'm cool

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »
    Mmos have completely forgotten that their whole point is to team up with huge numbers of people to accomplish a goal. I'm excited for the possibility of large scale pvp coordination between multiple guilds that I haven't seen since relic raids in DAOC. I'm a little concerned that the game might be too pretty (and thus too demanding on computers) for three 100+ man armies running into each other though.

The minimum requirements are pretty damn low so if you have a hideous computer that lacks quad SLI 680s then you can turn stuff down and get smooth frame rates.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    FYI Kate if I see you in-game I am basically going to follow you around and refuse to leave you alone

just to prepare you for what it will be like when I land in Seattle

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    that's approved

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    The most unique minipet.

fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • Options
    JerkbotJerkbot some kind of hypnotist Registered User regular
    Digital edition and DDE appear to be sold out on the GW2 website.

VyQGM.jpg
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Jerkbot wrote: »
    Digital edition and DDE appear to be sold out on the GW2 website.

oh wow, i'm guessing that's them disabling pre-purchase until after the beta weekend so that they don't have to deal with people activating accounts while the beta's already running?

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    I assume they're preventing massive Beta influx...

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Shit, I was gonna buy this tonight, too.
    Well I *could* drop cash on the CE...

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    That's weird

I'd imagine they would want to maximize profit, which would happen by selling during the BWE when hype factor has been adjusted to MAXIMUM

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    That's weird

I'd imagine they would want to maximize profit, which would happen by selling during the BWE when hype factor has been adjusted to MAXIMUM

yeah

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Well there's always next beta weekend

• Options
    JerkbotJerkbot some kind of hypnotist Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/promo/guildwars2/
    might still be keys here, don't know since that's where I bought it
    Think it's still 10% off too.
    edit: if you buy it there, be sure to put your key in on https://register.guildwars2.com/

Jerkbot on
    VyQGM.jpg
  • Options
    WAHWAH Registered User regular
    Jerkbot wrote: »
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/promo/guildwars2/
    might still be keys here, don't know since that's where I bought it
    Think it's still 10% off too.
    edit: if you buy it there, be sure to put your key in on https://register.guildwars2.com/

Hey thanks for posting this. I just registered my key and got into this weekends beta.

My member name is hamdoughnuts.7359 @Vivixenne

STEAM | GW2: hamdoughnuts.7359
  • Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Ham doughnuts

what madness is this

• Options
    Ham doughnuts

what madness is this

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    @vivixenne CobaltSixty.1542 is me.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    also FYI for those who did not know, in one of the opening posts of the G&T thread there is a nifty thingy where you can enter your forum name and GW2 unique account name and it automatically gets uploaded to a Google doc

so check that out if you'd like to be on that list as well; I'll continue maintaining the OP list for the sake of SE++'s ghetto way of doing things

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    So Viv, getting up at 3am to play immediately? I'm hoping they turn the beta on 12 hours early so I can play at 5pm instead of having to wait until Saturday morning...

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Zay.6489

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    @Vivixenne

BEHOLD

For I am destructoSquid.1735

Tremble in fear

• Options
    Cobalt60 wrote: »
    So Viv, getting up at 3am to play immediately? I'm hoping they turn the beta on 12 hours early so I can play at 5pm instead of having to wait until Saturday morning...

no I will need my sleep! I'm shooting for 6-6:30, and I figure things will have settled on all servers by then. :)

• Options
    I think I'll get on about 9am (melbourne time) or so, tool around for about an hour before I need to go to hockey for the day.

• Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    plan: get up tomorrow, shower, get food, poopsock until I go to lunch with my parents on saturday, then until I go to a show saturday night, then sleep just enough so that I am not drunk any more and play until the end.

• Options
    DrCongoDrCongo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    @Vivixenne

Smuckles.6928

In case mostly-lurkers are allowed as well :)

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    @Vivixenne

Doomunit.5462

Will be nice to play with some fine folk from ++ again. i kinda just vanished from wampa milk when i realized i basically hated tor and didn't want to be a beasteh.

• Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    Bendery.4359

I can't find where to download the client though... so bugger

• Options
    You should have gotten an email from ANet with the details of where to download the client.

• Options
    Angry wrote: »
    @Vivixenne

Doomunit.5462

Will be nice to play with some fine folk from ++ again. i kinda just vanished from wampa milk when i realized i basically hated tor and didn't want to be a beasteh.

It's pretty frustrating. I basically loved the game while leveling but the endgame feels like vanilla wow.

• Options
    Ramen NoodleRamen Noodle whoa, god has a picture of me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Bendery.4359

http://cloudfront.guildwars2.com/client/Gw2.exe

Edit: It'll install the game to wherever you put gw2.exe so you should make a folder in the root of your drive and put it there. DO NOT install to Program Files, as the game won't work.

Ramen Noodle on
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    Bendery.4359

http://cloudfront.guildwars2.com/client/Gw2.exe

Edit: It'll install the game to wherever you put gw2.exe so you should make a folder in the root of your drive and put it there. DO NOT install to Program Files, as the game won't work.

I've got mine in program files(x86) and it seems to work just fine. However, I should mention that I can't get past the login screen, as the weekend has started yet.

mrsatansig.png
This discussion has been closed.