As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Very sweet alcoholic beverages!

13»

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hey everyone, we bought the stuff to make Toasted Almonds and Squashed Frogs for tonight. We're going to drink while watching The Walking Dead, I'll let everyone know how it goes! Thanks for the ideas!

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2010
    The toasted almond goes nicely over some ice. Mmm.. I wish I had the stuff for one now.

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I think you guys turned Alyce into an alcoholic.

I took a sip of her drink just now, and in her words: "I put a little bit of Midori in, and now I'm all fuzzy!"

Damn you, H/A...Damn youuuuu! *shakes fist*

Edit: Oh, and both drinks were a hit last night! Zombies and alcohol go well together.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    truck-a-saurastruck-a-sauras Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I think you guys turned Alyce into an alcoholic.

I took a sip of her drink just now, and in her words: "I put a little bit of Midori in, and now I'm all fuzzy!"

Damn you, H/A...Damn youuuuu! *shakes fist*

Edit: Oh, and both drinks were a hit last night! Zombies and alcohol go well together.

hope you drank a Zombie while watching your zombies

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
  • Options
    RaekreuRaekreu Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Lime juice makes most things great. Gin or vodka gimlets (easy recipe: 2 shots liquor, 1 shot Rose's lime juice)

These are great. I prefer gin but vodka is probably the better choice from the "what else can I make with this" angle.

Dark 'n' Stormies are also pretty good - 1 shot of rum in a highball glass over ice, top with ginger beer, squeeze a slice of lime and drop it in.

Raekreu on
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    not really a drink per say, but if you soak gummy bears in Malibu Banana rum, it makes for a delicious alcoholic snack.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    carrmiccarrmic Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I've tasted something I found around the internet called "the bowser" that I really enjoyed

Tequila, Orange Juice and a splash of Grenadine

looks like Bowsers fireball

MC

carrmic on
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    gotta recommend the royal flush:
    equal parts cranberry juice, peach schnapps & crown royal

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    carrmic wrote: »
    I've tasted something I found around the internet called "the bowser" that I really enjoyed

MC

That is a Tequila sunrise.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Raekreu wrote: »
    Lime juice makes most things great. Gin or vodka gimlets (easy recipe: 2 shots liquor, 1 shot Rose's lime juice)

These are great. I prefer gin but vodka is probably the better choice from the "what else can I make with this" angle.

Dark 'n' Stormies are also pretty good - 1 shot of rum in a highball glass over ice, top with ginger beer, squeeze a slice of lime and drop it in.

While Rose's Lime is actually called for in classic Gimlets, it's pretty disgusting. I'd suggest using fresh squeezed lime plus equal parts simple syrup. Much, much, much tastier. Never, ever, ever use Rose's in a cocktail that calls for "lime juice". They are not one and the same.

Esh on
  • Options
    RaekreuRaekreu Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    carrmic wrote: »

MC

That is a Tequila sunrise.

I was going to say the same thing. Still very tasty, though.

Raekreu on
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Just found a good cider called Angry Orchard. Tastes like cinnamon apple.

e: Ah, dammit, I'm usually good at spotting necros.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    Has anyone suggested mojito?
    It's a pretty sweet drink. I love it.

This discussion has been closed.