As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help me recreate a drink!

DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
edited October 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey all. Back at my college (Illinois State University) there was a bar (maggie miley's) which served a unique and amazing drink. They called it the maggies grogg, i believe.

It was green.

It tasted exactly like ecto-cooler.

It got me and my wife drunk often.

I have tried re-creating this drink to various success. From what Ive gathered, it likely contains at least the following

blue curacao
citrus liqueur (orange or probably tangerine)

edit: I forgot I believe it contains pineapple juice. Im actually NOT 100% sure it contains vodka, nevermind on that part.

Perhaps theres a small chance someone once visited this bar and knows the drink and knows the recipee. But more likely is that someone else once tasted a drink similar and went "hey this tastes like ecto-cooler" and can help recreate a drink that tastes similar!

616610-1.png
Disrupter on

• Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    call the bar?

Raneados on
  • Options
    Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    http://www.maggiemileys.com/contact.php

I'm sure they'd tell you what's in it.

Dr. Frenchenstein on
  • Options
    Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    It might be similar to a Hand Grenade, from Bourbon St. www.tropicalisle.com

Every recipe i can find is gin/grain/vodka/rum and melon liquer, but there is no way that tastes as good as a real hand grenade. Maybe some pineapple juice too? i dunno.

I fully recommend you try a hand grenade though, they are goddamn delicious.

Dr. Frenchenstein on