As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sex Headache

Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
edited October 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
i had sex half an hour ago, and suffered a headache immediately after finishing

the headache is still there

i don't know if this is an actual condition or if i had such awesome sex that i suffered a tumor upon completion

please help

Sweeney Tom on

• Options
    ruzkinruzkin Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Have a glass of water yo.

ruzkin on
    g4OlSIF.jpg
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    It's probably just a random headache; take some OTC drugs.

Though, it's unusual, but not unheard of for sex to be a migraine or cluster headache trigger; I have a friend who used to get cluster headaches after having sex, but only with one particular girl. It was kind of a deal-killer.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    A couple things.

1) Most headaches are caused by dehydration.

2) Your body will ignore A LOT OF THINGS to get those rocks off. Personally I know I'm going to die in the shower after sex because I never seem to realize I'm about to pass out from not getting enough oxygen until after I finish.

So I'd say you dehydrated yourself, and your body ignored it until it finished the prime directive.

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    This used to happen to me when I first learned to masturbate.

Turns out, I was holding my breath and forgotten to breath...though the headaches I was getting were more like migraines.

Try taking some aspirins and drinking a glass of water?

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    ZeonZeon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You probably were subconsciously holding your breath or clenching your muscles.

I mean, theoretically the exertion could have cause you to have an aneurysm or something, but its pretty unlikely. Unless youre severely overweight, have a family history of strokes, or smoke 10 packs a day, im assuming youre too young to really be at risk for an aneurysm or any serious brain condition that could be triggered by sex.

Zeon on
    btworbanner.jpg
    Check out my band, click the banner.
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Derrick wrote: »
    A couple things.

2) Your body will ignore A LOT OF THINGS to get those rocks off. Personally I know I'm going to die in the shower after sex because I never seem to realize I'm about to pass out from not getting enough oxygen until after I finish.

So I'd say you dehydrated yourself, and your body ignored it until it finished the prime directive.
    Do you have a source on this? Because it just sounds like more of the "water myth" bullshit a lot of "natural" medicine places try to sell.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    If you have PERSONAL (not on the internet in any way) diary or calendar you might want to note down that it happened just in case a pattern emerges. If it is the first time a headache like that happened after strenuous physical activity I wouldn't get too worried myself.

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010
    It's probably nothing serious.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coital_cephalalgia
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sex-headaches/DS00645

I mean, if you're really worried then see a doctor. But I have to presume you're not really worried because you're posting on a webcomic forum instead. I've experienced them myself.

Also I'd recommend you ignore the nonsense about dehydration.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    A lot goes on in your brain when you orgasm, actually. There's a condition that can happen where you temporarily lose your memory, it can also happen with cold water shocks. It's happened to me.

So, maybe there was a change in pressure up there and that caused a headache. That is what causes this condition.

Here is the article on it: http://www.zopag.com/news/a-woman-who-lost-her-memory-after-having-sex/9436.html

edit: take some aspirin and a nap. If you don't feel better after that, maybe look into it.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    If this is a one-time thing I wouldn't worry about it, unless it's really upsetting you, in which case speak with a doctor.

If it happens a whole bunch, then maybe be worried.

I used to get headaches once in a while until I started making a conscious effort not to hold my breath.

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    This used to happen to me when I first learned to masturbate.

Turns out, I was holding my breath and forgotten to breath...though the headaches I was getting were more like migraines.

Try taking some aspirins and drinking a glass of water?

I would go with this dude, thus saving myself from actual thought processes.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    This happened a lot to me.

What I did was I watched if I clenched my jaw. Try leaving your mouth open next time and don't clench down so hard.

See if that helps.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Derrick wrote: »
    A couple things.

Oh dear god the same used to happen to me, I'd finish then I'd try to breathe in and realize I'm on the verge of passing out.

Dixon on
  • Options
    FinnianFinnian Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I had this incredibly badly for like two weeks and realized I had terrible sleep, like 5 hours a night on average, and as soon as I got a couple good night sleep, it went away.

Loveline gets this call a ton, Dr Drew tells people that it is 98% chance nothing, that it happens a lot, but that it could be a sign of something bad and they absolutely should see a doctor to rule that out.

I also agree that it's easy to hold your breath or bear down too hard during sex, not that I'd know, and maybe you just strained your neck muscles or were tossing and turning your head too much too.

Finnian on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Have a glass of water.

Donovan Puppyfucker on