As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

You Don't Know JACK -- Get it for consoles, not PC. OP has more details.

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm thinking the same thing JonBob. Both the PS3 and 360 have Big Button controllers now. My only question would be if they do have question packs would they be seamlessly added into the game or would it be like selecting from a menu (Main game, DLC Question Pack 1, DLC Question Pack 2, etc) and only answering questions from that set.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    ive been looking for wireless buzz controllers for the ps3, but apparently you just cant get them anywhee any more. what the hell, sony? anyway im pretty stoked about you dont know jack coming out.

Ah_Pook on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sorry, Pook. I just took a quick look around my room and can't seem to find my set of four Buzz controllers or I'd give them to you

They should be somewhere, and I move out next weekend, so if I find them I'll let you know

I tried trading the controllers and Buzz itself to GameStop but they don't take Buzz in trade for some reason (probably because it's shit-awful)

UnbreakableVow on
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nocren wrote: »
    I'm thinking the same thing JonBob. Both the PS3 and 360 have Big Button controllers now. My only question would be if they do have question packs would they be seamlessly added into the game or would it be like selecting from a menu (Main game, DLC Question Pack 1, DLC Question Pack 2, etc) and only answering questions from that set.

Judging by the achievement list the whole game is run in sets rather than random mix.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nocren wrote: »

Judging by the achievement list the whole game is run in sets rather than random mix.

I think you're insane if you think there won't be a mode for random questions.

There doesn't have to be an achievement for whatever they call "party mode"

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    edited January 2011
    So more like The Ride then? I'm ok with that.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The game isn't out until February, why is anyone surprised we don't have any reviews for a game that's not on shelves for another month?

joshofalltrades on
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    mxmarks wrote: »

the pc version is inexplicably not listed on amazon

what the hell

TheySlashThem on
    edited January 2011
    Is it one of those games where the PC is already $10 cheaper than the PS360 versions?

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • LaPuzzaLaPuzza Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The Wii version is cheaper; anyone know a reason why? If its the same game, the Wii would be the better party controler system option anyway in my house.

LaPuzza on
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It's because the Wii slows down because of the limits of its graphics processor :wink:

No really, I have no idea

joshofalltrades on
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Probably lack of online/achievement stuff?

Either way, the $10 off doesn't apply to the Wii version from the looks of it, since it's already got that built-in to the MSRP.

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    edited January 2011

Seriously. Even most DS games cost $35 these days.

On that note, off to pick up Ghost Trick...

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Pre-ordered the Xbox 360 version with my Amazon gift card from x-mas.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm so happy this is going to exist. Between YDKJ and Acrophobia, my old IBM Aptiva was the trivia/gameshow bastion of the household.

I'm guessing the Scene It controllers will work for this without issue?

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Figgy wrote: »

I really really want to know the answer to this. I posted the question to their Facebook page, but I'm not sure they're reading that.

JonBob on
    jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    JonBob wrote: »

I really really want to know the answer to this. I posted the question to their Facebook page, but I'm not sure they're reading that.

I don't feel like going downstairs to confirm this, but the Scene It controllers were basically just mapped 360 buttons. Like, A,B,X,Y were the options and the big button was.. something. I remember you could navigate the dashboard with that controller alone. All they need to do for YDKJ is follow that same button format or else allow for customization.

The latter would make the absolute most sense, because then you could use virtually any third-party controller for the game.

Figgy on
  • HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

I don't feel like going downstairs to confirm this, but the Scene It controllers were basically just mapped 360 buttons. Like, A,B,X,Y were the options and the big button was.. something. I remember you could navigate the dashboard with that controller alone. All they need to do for YDKJ is follow that same button format or else allow for customization.

The latter would make the absolute most sense, because then you could use virtually any third-party controller for the game.

The big button on the Scene-It controllers is just a disguised D-pad. So if YDKJ doesn't require the triggers, bumpers, or analog sticks, they should be useable.

Hedgethorn on
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hedgethorn wrote: »

The big button on the Scene-It controllers is just a disguised D-pad. So if YDKJ doesn't require the triggers, bumpers, or analog sticks, they should be useable.

Depends on what the screws work on, if it's a screwgun like The Ride, I'd map it to a trigger.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
    edited January 2011
    From Cheapassgamer.com
    Regian wrote:
    I actually asked if the Scene It controllers were supported on their Facebook page and they confirmed that those will work with YDKJ.

Can someone check the Facebook page to confirm this?

Figgy on
    edited January 2011
    Man, I can't even FIND the facebook page... (checked You Don't Know Jack, YDNJ, and Jellyvision and got nothing).

EDIT: Ok, found the page but I saw nothing regarding the scene it controllers.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
    edited January 2011
    Looks like the official site just got a facelift, including some shots of ads for the game plastered all over a NYC subway.

TheySlashThem on
  • DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I started following them on facebook, and periodically they post questions (possibly from the game? Possibly not?) The latest one was, "What is the best place to find a hooker?" And after several irreverant responses, (Including, "On her knees") someone mentioned a rugby team. The poster shot back with, "We have a winner! The rest of you are perverts!" They didn't mention what was won, if anything, but it is pretty funny.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The best thing is that answer applies to both meanings of the word!

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    edited January 2011
    One week(ish) to go...

I'm definitely picking up the Wii version, but I wonder if the DS edition would be worth getting as well. If it has single-cart multiplayer that would be amazing.

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    edited February 2011
  • DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    What is this thing? Evilavatar is blocked at work.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
    edited February 2011
    A very brief interview with Cookie that doesn't really say anything.

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    edited February 2011
    I'm awaiting confirmation that the Scene It controlers will work on 360 to decide if I go 360 or Wii. Wii, for portability to other people's houses and the lower price would be nice, but Scene It controlers + easy access DLC would push me to the 360.

LaPuzza on
  • antheremantherem Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    LaPuzza wrote: »
    I'm awaiting confirmation that the Scene It controlers will work on 360 to decide if I go 360 or Wii. Wii, for portability to other people's houses and the lower price would be nice, but Scene It controlers + easy access DLC would push me to the 360.

The EvAv interview with Jellyvision says the Big Button (Scene It) controllers work but the Buzz controllers do not.

antherem on
    edited February 2011
    antherem wrote: »
    LaPuzza wrote: »

The EvAv interview with Jellyvision says the Big Button (Scene It) controllers work but the Buzz controllers do not.

Thank you! now I just have to hope its in stock when I go in on the 14th to get DQ6. I don't remember the last time I got 2 games at once.

LaPuzza on
    edited February 2011
    I'm still wondering how the "everybody gets to guess" thing will work on the pc version, if at all.

TheySlashThem on
  • JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yep, Big Button support seals the deal. Pre-ordered the 360 version.

I think they should have gone with digital distribution for this one, but I like the budget price tag regardless.

JonBob on
    jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    edited February 2011
    Yep, Big Button support seals the deal. Pre-ordered the 360 version.

I think they should have gone with digital distribution for this one, but I like the budget price tag regardless.

Digital distribution would be a horrible choice for a party game of this nature. It's the kind of game you want people to see in the store and pick up.

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So, Giant Bomb has looked at this in a quick fashion.

My impressions: WANT. Gonna get a drunken local game of this going STAT.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    edited February 2011
    was just coming here to link that

really stoked

TheySlashThem on
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Found a Amazon seller who was selling a four-pack of the Big Button controllers for 360 for $15, snagged them. Hopefully they arrive in time for the party next week.

And, y'know... work.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    AnakinOU wrote: »
    I still have an old keyboard w/ the Q, B, and P stickers on the keys. :)

Oh shit, I saw this was coming out, went and found the thread for it, and the FIRST post I see is this. I'ma go check in the garage and see if I still have mine with the stickers, lol!

*edit* Nope, must have finally ended up in that last recycling trip...

Houn on