Options

What a cool screenshot thread (NSF56K)

• Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Christ, can that floor look any lower res?

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Nope. My texture detail was set all the way to the lowest possible.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Indica1 wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »

APPLES AND ORANGES FUCKERS.

Really? To someone who doesn't play computer games, I would say they would look almost identical. One might be PvP oriented instead of PvE oreinted, but they are both MMORPGs in fantasy settings, with two battling factions made up of different races, including two different types of elves, orcs and dwarfs. Even the UI is pretty similar. The largest differences in the game are the technical aspects like how charicters progress, and the RvR aspect.

I understand the differences, but to say thier userbase doesn't cross over is a bit dense. Most people who play warhammer will likely be former WoW players.

They're based on the same IP and artwork, so they look similar. Mechanically, they're similar, as they're both RPGs with attacks, cooldowns, and the UI (which is like how FPSes move similarly with an HUD). The application is 100% different though. One is competitive multiplayer, the other cooperative against AI.

And yeah; any MMO player in the next few years... or decade perhaps, will be a former WoW player. That's like saying most JRPG fans have played Final Fantasy.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    zenpotatozenpotato Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Some shots from the WAR beta.

[img]http://content.screencast.com/users/MBD/folders/PA WAR/media/7a9df29f-f85e-4b26-b530-54fcf652342d/Murdoch^M_001.png[/img]

[img]http://content.screencast.com/users/MBD/folders/PA WAR/media/dd5358a2-fb51-4878-8b64-d19c9dc248b9/Curwen^M_003.png[/img]

[img]http://content.screencast.com/users/MBD/folders/PA WAR/media/983c7618-1e4c-4637-82af-d637ad42245a/Jubblies^F_001.png[/img]

[img]http://content.screencast.com/users/MBD/folders/PA WAR/media/d8595b1a-750f-4315-9327-a29f2cf50a12/Lestrange^M_001.png[/img]

zenpotato on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Iblis wrote: »
    Glal wrote: »
    While not really on topic, how well is the PVP versus PVE handled in the game? Is it the shitfest that are WoW's PVP servers, or is it actually designed with some semblance of sanity?
    You are not forced to level in areas where high level assholes fuck with you.
    Thank you, you have just sold the game to me. <3

Glal on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Iblis wrote: »
    While not really on topic, how well is the PVP versus PVE handled in the game? Is it the shitfest that are WoW's PVP servers, or is it actually designed with some semblance of sanity?
    You are not forced to level in areas where high level assholes fuck with you.
    Thank you, you have just sold the game to me. <3

But you can level in WoW without having high level assholes fu... oh, PVP servers.

You have my condolances.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I do like WAR's approach to PvP, where even outside instances, you're funneled to certain areas to do it. A Core server will have a good mix of "safe" areas where you can just PvE all you want, and PvP areas where you are in danger and are likely focused in PvPing anyways.

captaink on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    captaink wrote: »
    I do like WAR's approach to PvP, where even outside instances, you're funneled to certain areas to do it. A Core server will have a good mix of "safe" areas where you can just PvE all you want, and PvP areas where you are in danger and are likely focused in PvPing anyways.
    Yeah, there shouldn't be a reason not to focus on PvP in a PvP area. Most/All quests in those areas are about killing other players/nicking their castles.

Aldo on
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Some more random screenshots of WAR.

The first screenshot is brought to you by Scream-o-vision!
    damusm000dv3.jpg

Scream!

And here are some figments of my imagination...
    damusm004el5.jpg

grozgutterm000bd8.jpg

That Rat Ogre looks oddly happy.

Iblis on
    Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Photoshopped. Obviously faked.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    The Rocking MThe Rocking M Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    they are just here say conjecure nothing more, fairy tales to scare the kids into bed.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    s3rial one wrote: »
    Rizzi wrote: »
    s3rial one wrote: »
    Rizzi wrote: »
    If I had a decent pc I'd play Warhammer.
    But I don't, so it's WoW for me.

You don't need a particularly high-end system to play.

I was, until recently, running the beta on an Athlon X2 4800+, Radeon X1950 Pro, and 2 GB of RAM. It'd run at 1680x1050, and while it would bog down in the more intense RvR fights, it was always playable.

Now, I'm running a C2D T9400 with a 9600M GT and 4GB of RAM, and even large-scale RvR doesn't make a dent in the performance (still at 1680x1050).

Athalon 3000+, 7600 GS, 1024 Mb of DDR ram.
    :|

I'd hazard a guess that at 1024x768, you could play on that system. Give the open beta a shot; see how it does.

My only problem is i'm using a 24" widescreen monitor and things really only look good on it when running my resolution at 1920x1200. So yeah, my PC probably won't be able to handle the game at that resolution.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    The *beta* struggles on a Core 2 2.2ghz, 2gb, and 7400 128mb laptop at 1280 widescreen. It's not much better at lower resolutions though. Once we get launch optimization and (mostly) the ability to scale down graphics further, it might be possible.

I've gotta ask Wavechaser; why do you have a 24" on that rig? Work?

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Morskittar wrote: »
    The *beta* struggles on a Core 2 2.2ghz, 2gb, and 7400 128mb laptop at 1280 widescreen. It's not much better at lower resolutions though. Once we get launch optimization and (mostly) the ability to scale down graphics further, it might be possible.

Nah, I got it years ago for WoW and fell in love with it.

My system isn't *bad* by any stretch of the imagination, but my video card (Nvidia 7850 GX2) is basically pushing it's limits at that resolution, every other resolution looks like crap on that size screen though.

I have a 2.5 gig dual core AMD processor and 2 gigs of shitty shitty SDRAM, while running Windows Vista with the OS settings turned all the way down.

The only problem is, I upgraded to 4 gigs on my computer, knowing that 32 bit vista would only recognize 3 gigs of it.

3 gigs somehow SLOWED my computer down, I couldn't believe it, but it did. I tested it for a good week.

If I want to upgrade to DDR, it means new motherboard, and if I do that I want 4 gigs, which also means 64 bit Vista in order to utilize it, which then means new video card, etc etc all the sudden i'm like invested 3 grand into this thing just to squeeze out some more ram.

Very very annoying.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ugh, I hope my old computer can handle the expansion.

Bigity on
  • Options
    s3rial ones3rial one Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    Morskittar wrote: »

Nah, I got it years ago for WoW and fell in love with it.

My system isn't *bad* by any stretch of the imagination, but my video card (Nvidia 7850 GX2) is basically pushing it's limits at that resolution, every other resolution looks like crap on that size screen though.

I have a 2.5 gig dual core AMD processor and 2 gigs of shitty shitty SDRAM, while running Windows Vista with the OS settings turned all the way down.

The only problem is, I upgraded to 4 gigs on my computer, knowing that 32 bit vista would only recognize 3 gigs of it.

3 gigs somehow SLOWED my computer down, I couldn't believe it, but it did. I tested it for a good week.

If I want to upgrade to DDR, it means new motherboard, and if I do that I want 4 gigs, which also means 64 bit Vista in order to utilize it, which then means new video card, etc etc all the sudden i'm like invested 3 grand into this thing just to squeeze out some more ram.

Very very annoying.

Dude, I just spent $1600 on a freaking laptop with a C2D T9400, 9600M GT, and 4GB DDR2 800 with Vista 64, and I only got this model because the screen is gorgeous. I'm sure you could swing a desktop with more power for a fair bit less.

Not to say $1600 is cheap or anything, but it's not that expensive.

s3rial one on
  • Options
    Toxin01Toxin01 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I really wish I'd get accepted into the WAR beta.

This thread makes me so sad.

Toxin01 on
    Aiden Baail: Level 1 Swordmage: 19 AC 14 Fort 15 Ref 13 Will (Curse Of The Black Pearls)
    GM: Rusty Chains (DH Ongoing)
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Toxin01 wrote: »
    I really wish I'd get accepted into the WAR beta.

This thread makes me so sad.

It would be nice to get a beta invite for that or WOW but I know that's never going to happen

My Ret paladin and a runestone
    WoWScrnShot_082008_040445.jpg

I like the look of the runestones being so simple yet they add to the overall look of the blood elf area

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    "Okay guys! Guys! Think of it like this. It's a dying marsh, just the fields and the grass and trees are all gloomy and dying and we can put a stone up. BUT! To make it look like a Blood Elf area, we'll put a rune on the stone, and of course make it glow..."

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    "Okay guys! Guys! Think of it like this. It's a dying marsh, just the fields and the grass and trees are all gloomy and dying and we can put a stone up. BUT! To make it look like a Blood Elf area, we'll put a rune on the stone, and of course make it glow..."

I did not even know the history of it but I know it was to keep the trolls away and failed when the scoruge came. The reason why the trees are dead is because they burned the ground to keep the undead from infecting it

Brainleech on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    GexM_003.jpg

PamelaF_000.jpg

good times.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    that is one hot witch hunter

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Brainleech wrote: »

I did not even know the history of it but I know it was to keep the trolls away and failed when the scoruge came. The reason why the trees are dead is because they burned the ground to keep the undead from infecting it

Wait, what are you doing?

I was joking, as if in a mocking tone, talking as if one of the art guys...

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Wait oh god the WAR Classes look so hot.

Toxin01 on
    Aiden Baail: Level 1 Swordmage: 19 AC 14 Fort 15 Ref 13 Will (Curse Of The Black Pearls)
  • Options
    eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    zenpotato wrote: »

*SNIP*

*SNIP*

*SNIP*

I find it highly amusing that even player posted pictures (ie. not only official ones) choose the frog perspective as opposted to a normal/bird's view.

The ground graphics must really suck in that game.

eobet on
    Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • Options
    maraxus94maraxus94 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    eobet wrote: »

*SNIP*

*SNIP*

*SNIP*

I find it highly amusing that even player posted pictures (ie. not only official ones) choose the frog perspective as opposted to a normal/bird's view.

Uh....buh? You got all of that out of people trying to pose dramatic shots?

maraxus94 on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

I was on the phone listening to someone bitch about something they should just walk away from without a second thought

But I like the look of it since they talked on and one about how the runestones kept the trolls at bay but failed when the undead came

Or this

Brainleech on
  • Options
    eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    maraxus94 wrote: »

*SNIP*

*SNIP*

*SNIP*

Uh....buh? You got all of that out of people trying to pose dramatic shots?

Yeah. Scrolling back a few pages I found ground shots and they seem to really have improved them (the official shots still look horrible when it comes to ground detail).

Now the only thing lacking is an innovative interface. :P

eobet on
    Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I thought this was a decent screenshot of our mission run in Guild Wars last night.

gw043.jpg

Toxin01 on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2008

I hope you're joking.

Nevermind, you probably arent. I won't even bother.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    robothero wrote: »

I hope you're joking.

That's the one complaint that drives me nuts. "Oh, that interface looks too much like WoW."

Well, that's because WoW's interface is one of the better ones available right now (mods notwithstanding).

So, yes, by all means copy it and tailor it to suit your own needs.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2008
    It's like WoW's standard interface with the built-in customization that LOTRO has.

It's also completely moddable in the same way that WoWs is.

But all that aside, WoW has a great interface, if they duplicate it I don't see what the problem is.

It's like a car manufacturer trying to build a new type of brakes because the old ones worked too well.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

I hope you're joking.

eobet loves to troll. Don't even bother.

Lewisham on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    It's like WoW's standard interface with the built-in customization that LOTRO has.

It's also completely moddable in the same way that WoWs is.

But all that aside, WoW has a great interface, if they duplicate it I don't see what the problem is.

It's like a car manufacturer trying to build a new type of brakes because the old ones worked too well.

Honestly, it's not all that different from the UI used in Camelot, really.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, it's the generic interface for mmos. WoW maybe have changed things around a bit, but the ui didn't start with WoW. People are going to be used to it, and it's going to work.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008

I was on the phone listening to someone bitch about something they should just walk away from without a second thought

But I like the look of it since they talked on and one about how the runestones kept the trolls at bay but failed when the undead came

Or this

Does it have Runes?

If Y go to #1, if N go to #2.

#1: It's important WoW lore.
    #2: Moar leik World of Warhammer1

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Supposedly the rune stones were created by High Elven Druids. And this is Warcraft II lore that introduced them (and it says that in the article). And it has runes on em, but we don't know what they mean.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Opinion: Not enough screenshots.

Solution: Screenshots from Zu Online

temple-of-Holy-City.jpg
    sky-lake-flying.jpg

So I was like, what the crab? And he was like, I bring claw and order to this city.
    crab-guard.jpg

Aldo on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    That game looks fabulous.

reVerse on
This discussion has been closed.