As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

F2P Battlefield (also 1942 - 2142 appreciation thread)

2»

• Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    L|ama wrote: »
    bf42 was the best in the series, they've since gotten progressively worse

this is the only correct opinion and I will hear no others

This goes doubly in terms of themesongs. Still get a little tingle when I hear the 1942 tune.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    Angry WeaselAngry Weasel Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I really want an update to 2142. Something about future FPS that gets me going.

I want a 2142 with frostbite and at least as many weapons as BC:2.

Angry Weasel on
  • Options
    UnabridgedCaptainUnabridgedCaptain Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Battlefield has been forever scarred for me ever since the removal of the goddamn prone button.

UnabridgedCaptain on
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    not balanced for prone

Zxerol on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I loved BF2 and then hated BG2142. Everything about 2142 was just off for me. Didn't like the maps, didn't like the classes, didn't like the weapons. Plus vehicles got more powerful and I was always more interested in being infantry.

BF2 medic and engineer for life.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    As I dislike persistent weapon/kit unlocks, Bad Company at least did something right (disregarding the whole "Oh I have to unlock my basic fucking class equipment" thing, anyway): it didn't take too long to grind the unlocks for the classes. BF2 took fucking FOREVER to get shit. To this day, I don't think I have most of the unlocks yet.

Getting a decent gun for medic class was pretty rocking though.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I unlocked the second weapon for most classes in BF2 pretty quickly. Unless you had the expansions (and I think very few did) there wasn't anything else to unlock as I recall.

I had to grind for basic equipment like defibs and whatever in 2142.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Waka Laka wrote: »
    Agreed.

I'm thoroughly addicted to Project Reality for BF2, there are so many amazing moments in it.

So good

Playing as an insurgent is amazing, it feels like proper Geurilla tactics are needed.

Also the Vietnam edition:

Too Bookoo

Yet to try it, but it looks fun.

Do they have any plans to add vest drag handle functionality to downed soldiers? It'd be cool to be able to pull an unconscious guy to cover before you start working on him.

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Waka Laka wrote: »
    Agreed.

I'm thoroughly addicted to Project Reality for BF2, there are so many amazing moments in it.

So good

Playing as an insurgent is amazing, it feels like proper Geurilla tactics are needed.
    Project Reality is probably in my top 3 favorite mods and my number one favorite BF2 mod. Only problem I have with it is that it took a lot of time to find people. However, it remedied this with MOTHERFUCKIN' GRAPPLING HOOKS!

Kadoken on
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I tried demos of BF2 and BF2142 and never found them to be even close to as fun as 1942. Never tried the Bad Company games, but for me the Battlefield series has been a one hit wonder. Loved the maps in the Road to Rome expansion, especially the one with the what was it, ruined church on the hill? I can picture it, but don't remember the name.

Still waiting on 1943 to come out on PC, though I'm still disappointed it wasn't a full retail title with the number of maps and such that would entail. Personally I'm sick of all this 'Modern Warfare' nonsense that has exploded on us over the past few years. Its as overdone as WW2 was, but WW2 games I found more fun, especially the planes in BF1942 are cooler than flying jets around.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Kadoken wrote: »
    Project Reality is probably in my top 3 favorite mods and my number one favorite BF2 mod. Only problem I have with it is that it took a lot of time to find people. However, it remedied this with MOTHERFUCKIN' GRAPPLING HOOKS!

Yes a thousand times yes! They're fucking awesome fun.

Epic climbing

Waka Laka on