As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fallout] Super Mutants and Deathclaws and Geckos OH MY

• Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Holy hell, the GECK has the worst world editor I've ever seen before. It took me 30 minutes to figure out how to rotate and move things well.

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Starting a melee weapons run.
    Sneak, Melee, Lockpick. I just hit a guy so hard in the chest with a lead pipe, his head popped off.
    :lol:

Yeah. I took Bloody Mess on my unarmed character last level...

Dudes in full power armor literally EXPLODE when I hit them. It's hilariously over the top.

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I only take Bloody Mess if I'm playing an unarmed character.

Named Kenshiro.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    elliotw2 wrote: »
    Holy hell, the GECK has the worst world editor I've ever seen before. It took me 30 minutes to figure out how to rotate and move things well.

They've been using that thing since Morrowind, or versions exactly like it. I guess they like using shit they're comfortable with. I was actually kinda happy, I don't do any serious world building and it was nice to just open something up and know how to use it. Mostly what I do is move the Sniper Beret script to whatever hat I happen to like most.

Cabezone on
  • Options
    Howlin' Mad MurphyHowlin' Mad Murphy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I just found out that Eulogy Jones' Suit and Hat are in the editor, I guess I know what my character is wearing for the whole next play through.

Howlin' Mad Murphy on
  • Options
    SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I just found out that Eulogy Jones' Suit and Hat are in the editor, I guess I know what my character is wearing for the whole next play through.
    Son of a bitch, that reminds me that Tenpenny's suit is in there as well. Now I have to do a Commander McBragg run complete with hyperbole and excessive embellishment. D:

Sorenson on
  • Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    A lot of the special Fallout 3 items are still in the editor, just not placed anywhere. I find it interesting that a lot of items are labeled "DLC03Blah", which makes me think that everything from Broken Steel and earlier was supposed to be in here somewhere.

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So, I'm level 20, and I've gotten the explorer perk, and I feel like I should've explored more. But I think just doing side quests can l can reach at least lvl 25. It's a little disappointing, I think the exploration element should mean something more, let it be a little more required to explore to level. I can't really compare it to Oblivion where it was hard to keep up your individual skills with leveling, at least for me. I think it would help if leveling was harder, or if there was more reason to explore, such as more rewards. Though the size of the map and places in it are compact, it tells me not to explore as much. I wonder if Fallout 4 could have a much bigger map, with one side as civilization, and another as spread out tribes or remnants of cities. I think I want a bigger map and more reason to explore.

Kadoken on
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    This got bottompaged, so I'll ask again. Be vague please :D

Where can I find the rumored Festus?

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    harvest wrote: »
    This got bottompaged, so I'll ask again. Be vague please :D

Where can I find the rumored Festus?
    Where do the bottlecaps come from?

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Anyone got any weapon mod requests? I'm pulling meshes and textures to compile a quick mod (and get my mind off my problems with my big mod):

New Laser Rifle! (totally new meshes!)
    Infiltrator in game!
    LMG weapon mod!
    possibly leaver action shotgun mod....but I'd need idea's!

Gimme some stuff here, nothing that will require new mesh work, like adding scopes to guns that don't have them. But things that don't need texture and mesh work I can have out tonight or tomorrow.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Honestly?

Light Machine Gun is the answer to everything.

This is a really strange way to spell Ballistic Fist

I never get to use the ballistic fist. Veronica keeps hogging it. That girl sure loves fisting everyone!

Judge-Z on
    JudgeZed.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Anyone got any weapon mod requests? I'm pulling meshes and textures to compile a quick mod (and get my mind off my problems with my big mod):

Infiltrator in game!
    LMG weapon mod!

Gimme some stuff here, nothing that will require new mesh work, like adding scopes to guns that don't have them. But things that don't need texture and mesh work I can have out tonight or tomorrow.

Lever action shotgun could definitely use a little love

I'd be happy with something like a forged receiver (+50% condition) and a choke (reduce spread) for it.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Maddoc wrote: »

Infiltrator in game!
    LMG weapon mod!

Lever action shotgun could definitely use a little love

I'd be happy with something like a forged receiver (+50% condition) and a choke (reduce spread) for it.

Gladly, I was just about to go in and grab some pipboy icons anyway, so I'll get those!

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    stfuadstfuad Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Anyone had the opportunity to drop the radioactive barrels on cottonwood cove? I just found out about it, but everyone is already dead...

stfuad on
  • Options
    gnodabgnodab Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Kadoken wrote: »
    So, I'm level 20, and I've gotten the explorer perk, and I feel like I should've explored more. But I think just doing side quests can l can reach at least lvl 25. It's a little disappointing, I think the exploration element should mean something more, let it be a little more required to explore to level. I can't really compare it to Oblivion where it was hard to keep up your individual skills with leveling, at least for me. I think it would help if leveling was harder, or if there was more reason to explore, such as more rewards. Though the size of the map and places in it are compact, it tells me not to explore as much. I wonder if Fallout 4 could have a much bigger map, with one side as civilization, and another as spread out tribes or remnants of cities. I think I want a bigger map and more reason to explore.

I kind of feel like it should take longer to reach the XP cap. Levelling seems to way too fast near the end of the game.

I realize this probably means I'm just playing the game way too much D:

gnodab on
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    http://newvegasnexus.com/articles/article.php?id=18
    Yes, it has been confirmed. Bethesda/Obsidian is currently in development of the first Fallout: New Vegas DLC. As various members of various groups and websites were speaking with a Bethesda rep., they learned that the first DLC will be "exclusive" to the Xbox 360. However, the Bethesda rep. did mention that the DLC might get ported over to the PS3, leaving the PC in the dust.

Nothing is known about what this new DLC might be about, but is known for sure that it will be similar to the Broken Steel DLC for Fallout 3. It will open up the game again, letting the player explore the Mojave once more. The expected release date for the new DLC will be sometime in the holidays, in December.

So the ending gets changed/updated... but only for consoles.

This has to be incorrect information, surely.

Suriko on
  • Options
    AyulinAyulin Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Thought I saw someone say something about the exclusivity only applying to the consoles, so the PC wouldn't be affected by it.

Ayulin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BehemothBehemoth Compulsive Seashell Collector Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Before launch, I remember hearing that it would be exclusive the 360 for at least 2010.

Which would probably be, what, a month? That's not a big deal.

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It might take a while, but I'm sure they'll cave for a PC version eventually

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    stfuadstfuad Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So we create a project to "not copy" the DLC and port it to the PC?

stfuad on
  • Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    If that DLC doesn't come out for PC I will be forced to cut a man

Jintor on
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hahaha.

Re: Chinese Stealth Armor

PS3: When equipped, the PC's head may disappear. Removing and then putting it back on may cause your whole avatar to disappear.

Wow.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    edited November 2010
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Feels like I'm wearing nothing at all!

If the DLC doesn't come to PC, I'm going to be very upset.
    I need more. :(

Rizzi on
  • Options
    OdjnOdjn Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Starting a melee weapons run.
    Sneak, Melee, Lockpick. I just hit a guy so hard in the chest with a lead pipe, his head popped off.
    :lol:

Unarmed and melee are rather OP. It might take me 8 bullets to kill a dude with a pistol up to level 10ish, but find a lead pipe or a brass knuckle and they'll die in two swings.

Except for deathclaws, I suppose. That'll be terrifying to fight- the little old asian man to our arrogant kung fu guy.

Odjn on
  • Options
    DraperDraper __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    Kadoken wrote: »

A better engine and better designed world are the main things, along with a bigger world. New Vegas had a good world, so did Fallout 3, but they each have their serious faults (tunnels in Fallout 3 and emptiness in New Vegas). Red Dead Redemption probably has the best nature and landscapes open-world I've ever seen in a game, visually and design-wise, so some notes should be taken from that game for Fallout 4. And by that I also mean there needs to be a vehicle system. Nothing too crazy, maybe just a motorcycle or shitty car, maybe even a horse or too. But we'll never get the sense of scale and depth a Fallout world deserves without creating a world big enough to warrant significantly faster movement speeds of some kind.

New Vegas was big enough for running everywhere to be tedious when revisiting places for the 3rd or 4th time, but small enough that riding on horses or going on vehicles would get you places awkwardly quickly.

Draper on
    lifefinal3.jpg
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Death Claw-sama, show me your karate!

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Suriko wrote: »
    http://newvegasnexus.com/articles/article.php?id=18
    Yes, it has been confirmed. Bethesda/Obsidian is currently in development of the first Fallout: New Vegas DLC. As various members of various groups and websites were speaking with a Bethesda rep., they learned that the first DLC will be "exclusive" to the Xbox 360. However, the Bethesda rep. did mention that the DLC might get ported over to the PS3, leaving the PC in the dust.

Nothing is known about what this new DLC might be about, but is known for sure that it will be similar to the Broken Steel DLC for Fallout 3. It will open up the game again, letting the player explore the Mojave once more. The expected release date for the new DLC will be sometime in the holidays, in December.

So the ending gets changed/updated... but only for consoles.

This has to be incorrect information, surely.

No DLC ever for the fucking lead platform? Ridiculous. I guess it probably sold the most on 360 but anyone with brains knows it's a PC title where it matters.

Draper on
    lifefinal3.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Somewhat belated, but; mods I'm currently rolling with/recommend:

Distant Gunfire Sound Fix (fixes sudden cutoff for gunfire sounds)
    URWL for FNV (redoes environmental lighting)
    NMC's Texture Pack Full (makes the textures look like they're not from 2004, from F3 Nexus)
    What's Your Brand? (high res cigarettes and cigarette cartons, from F3 Nexus)
    Hi Res Books (high res books, from F3 Nexus)
    Dirty Pre-War Money (high res realistic-looking pre-war money, from F3 Nexus)
    HDR Pipboy (higher res weathered-looking pipboy, from F3 Nexus)
    Companion Sandbox Mode (companions wander about the area you're in and do little tasks instead of looking like they have a broom up their ass)
    D3D9 DLL for ATi (improves the graphics, improves performance, and removes stuttering)
    FNV 4GB (makes FNV use 4GB of memory, improving performance)
    Cassidy V3 (makes Cass look a bit better)
    Companion Dress Up (can dress companions in whatever you like, including faction gear, and remove their stuff)
    Light Step ED-E (makes ED-E not trip mines and traps because he's a floating robot)
    Depth of Field (adds a nice, subtle DoF affect)
    Realistic Death and Dismemberment Physics (people and limbs behave like people and limbs should)
    Tk Eyelashes NV (gives female people eyelashes)
    CONELRAD Radio (adds a radio station with era-appropriate songs and government alerts)
    Better Booze + Wine Addon (improves booze textures and meshes, on F3 Nexus)
    High-Res World View Weapon Textures (replaces the default third person textures with their higher res first person textures, on F3 Nexus)
    Eyepatch (adds an equippable eyepatch to a Goodsprings merchant)
    Hair o' Matic (adds a barber machine to one of the player houses)
    NV Explosive Knockdown Mod (explosives going off nearby will knock down NPCs and the player, makes them much more believable and interesting)
    Further 3rd Person Camera (camera can scroll further back)
    Better Binoculars (increased zoom and less border when looking through them)
    Drugs are bad Mkay (drug and radiation visual effects)
    Remove that Glove NV (makes the pipboy glove removable and re-equippable)
    Natural Veronica (tweaks to Veronica's face)
    Eddies ED-E Mod (retexture to give ED-E a bit more personality and a cleanup so he doesn't blend in so much with the sand/dirt everywhere)
    MTUI (reduces font size and fits much more text into the pipboy and dialogue screens)

Suriko on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I couldn't figure out how to get the NMC texture pack to work with New Vegas. I just wanted to use the lite version though, don't really need the full stuff, I think the textures are already pretty good.

Draper on
    lifefinal3.jpg
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    You use a lot of mods. :P

Rizzi on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Nevada skies mod is now officially awesome. Sandstorms last a minute and there's different types, along with some new regular weather changes as well:
    NEVADA1.jpg
    NEVADA4.jpg
    NEVADA3.jpg

Draper on
    lifefinal3.jpg
  • Options
    YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Suriko's post reminded me of a weird issue. When I open the fallout launcher and click "data files," a window pops up with all the esps in my fallout folder and I check the ones I want. But I can't resize that window....so far I haven't run out of space but if I continue to mod this game to the gills at my usual rate I'll be out of space before long. Is there a way around that?

Yougottawanna on
  • Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Draper wrote: »
    Nevada skies mod is now officially awesome. Sandstorms last a minute and there's different types, along with some new regular weather changes as well:
    NEVADA1.jpg
    NEVADA4.jpg
    NEVADA3.jpg

Those screenshots look incredible! What other mods do you use, graphics-wise?

Blackbird SR-71C on
    steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I didn't see this answered before, I have a question about H&H
    Is there any big reward there? I hacked the computer in the main office but all I have to show from that place is a shit load of mines and several hidden e-mails copied to my Pip-Boy.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    OdjnOdjn Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Is there any big reward there? I hacked the computer in the main office but all I have to show from that place is a shit load of mines and several hidden e-mails copied to my Pip-Boy.

Yes.
    The Lucky 38 Override is on a terminal there. It helps you kill Mr. House.

Odjn on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Odjn wrote: »

Yes.
    The Lucky 38 Override is on a terminal there. It helps you kill Mr. House.
    Fuck, that's right, I pressed that a few times but nothing seemed to happen (hurf durf) so I completely forgot about it, thanks.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    ExpiredHeroExpiredHero Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Brought back from a couple of pages ago because... well, I went to sleep and coudn't respond.
    elliotw2 wrote: »
    Have just completed New Vegas and the ending seemed a little rushed and lacking...

Endgame spoilers
    Sided with the NCR and the Legion attacked the dam. Me and Boone head to the Legate's camp and kick some legion ass. All good so far, head back to report in and bam the game ends. I didn't understand why the NCR were all “we destroyed the Legion“, Ceaser still lived, and we never attacked the Fort - there must have been a pretty big force still left there which wassome level of threat.

Also, was there an ingame reason for you not being able to freeroam Vegas after the endgame?

Well, to me it makes sense. You were enver able to free roam in the older Fallout games after beating them, so the complete total ending makes sense to me.
    As for why it happens where it does, the you spend the whole game preparing and building up to the big final battle at the Dam, and once you kill everyone there, you get to go help set up the new New Vegas, or whatever else you're doing at the time

I think Fallout 2 let you freeroam after the ending, but it's been a while since I went through it so I could be wrong.
    Either way, the lack of free roaming I can deal with - the abrupt ending still gets me though.

It didn't feel (to me) like the final battle. Why do the NCR treat the "war" as over just because you killed a Legion strike force and a Legate. What about all the troops left at the Fort and Ceaser himself? Did I miss something or are we just to assume that the attack on the dam weakened the Legion so much that the Fort can be steamrolled by the NCR?

ExpiredHero on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Draper wrote: »
    I couldn't figure out how to get the NMC texture pack to work with New Vegas. I just wanted to use the lite version though, don't really need the full stuff, I think the textures are already pretty good.

Use this to install it to NV.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35645
    Suriko's post reminded me of a weird issue. When I open the fallout launcher and click "data files," a window pops up with all the esps in my fallout folder and I check the ones I want. But I can't resize that window....so far I haven't run out of space but if I continue to mod this game to the gills at my usual rate I'll be out of space before long. Is there a way around that?

Use the New Vegas Mod Manager.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35726

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png