As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

On the Subject of Nose Trimming

THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny.Real shiny.Registered User regular
edited November 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Is it better to pluck or trim nosehair? I have been trimming mine for sometime and it seems to just grow back and become longer. Obviously people pluck their hairs too but does it really do anything different?

Also what is the best trimmer for nose hair out there right now?

I like looking nice for people and I would really like to find the best method.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
THEPAIN73 on

• Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I've used this Panasonic thing in the past. Its a bit awkward at first, but not hard to get used to. It trims instead of plucking. Now that I keep a mustache, I just keep them tidy with small trimming scissors. I pluck on occasion, but that's in the event I don't have scissors handy. Its not painful, but it makes my nose and eyes run.

31YVQH30X2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    You must have an incredibly high threshold for pain if you're plucking nose hair. I don't know anyone that's tried that idea more than once.

Pretty much any nose hair trimmer is going to be the same. I use a Remington one I picked up at Target for a few dollars.

adytum on
  • Options
    MidshipmanMidshipman Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Never had a problem plucking mine.

Midshipman on
    midshipman.jpg
  • Options
    JakesullyJakesully Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    OUCH

Plucking is evil. Trimming hurts a tad, but not nearly as much. Trim those mofos.

Jakesully on
  • Options
    NotYouNotYou Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Midshipman wrote: »
    Never had a problem plucking mine.

me neither. Hard time getting a grip though sometimes.

As long as you yank them really fast you barely feel it.

NotYou on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Plucking nosehair is a bit more painful than plucking unibrow hair (for me), and less visible, so if you have a trimmer I'd say go for it.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    hair doesn't grow back longer, by the way, that's a myth

but yeah don't pluck D: dang

if you're hard up for cash, a small pair of dull-ended beauty scissors can do a bang up job, especially if you're only got a little to deal with

Raneados on
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    hair doesn't grow back longer, by the way, that's a myth

but yeah don't pluck D: dang

if you're hard up for cash, a small pair of dull-ended beauty scissors can do a bang up job, especially if you're only got a little to deal with

Yeah, it grows back "thicker," only because when you cut the hair you leave the end at the thickness of the base of the cut; whereas if you pluck (or wax), it has to start growing from nothing again (so the end will be tapered).

This gives the appearance that the hair is somehow longer, thicker, whatever.

I have a pretty high threshold for plucking pain, only because I have a lot of hairs I pluck often; eyebrow, cheeks above the beard line, and when I shave I'll often miss hairs around the corners of the nose and mouth (and it's just easier to pluck them). I'm just kinda used to it now.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    ChickeenChickeen Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, go for waxing. Bang, bang all done.

Chickeen on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    waxing... nosehairs?

Raneados on
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I was talking about hairs in general, ya jerks. :P

EDIT: Though I do wonder if there'd be a way......

mcdermott on
  • Options
    ChickeenChickeen Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    waxing... nosehairs?
    Ayup. Hurts less than eyebrow waxing, in my opinion.

Chickeen on
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    mcdermott wrote: »
    I was talking about hairs in general, ya jerks. :P

EDIT: Though I do wonder if there'd be a way......

All I can picture is mcdermott eyeing a slender candle now ...

Anyways, I trim occasionally, and pluck any big 'ens that are hanging out. Works fine for me.

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I've used this Panasonic thing in the past. Its a bit awkward at first, but not hard to get used to. It trims instead of plucking. Now that I keep a mustache, I just keep them tidy with small trimming scissors. I pluck on occasion, but that's in the event I don't have scissors handy. Its not painful, but it makes my nose and eyes run.

I use one like that and has it's own vacuum function. Doesn't hurt, is really simple and does a fairly good job.

Invisible on
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I pluck. Hurts like a bitch but I never had much luck with the trimmers and plucking makes it take longer to get back to the same length. I'll use my fingernails most of the time, but occasionally will get out the tweezers. They grab a lot more, so more pain, but they're more thorough and gets the whole thing done quicker.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    pacbowlpacbowl Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Invisible wrote: »

I use one like that and has it's own vacuum function. Doesn't hurt, is really simple and does a fairly good job.

I have the same trimmer and it does the job nicely. The battery lasts forever too. I think I've changed it once in 4 years.

pacbowl on
    steammicro.php?id=pacbowl&pngimg=background&tborder=0