As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Small World] - Game 7 - a call to arms

DarianDarian Yellow WizardThe PitRegistered User regular
edited January 2011 in Critical Failures
dowsmallworld.jpg
smallworldgranddames.pngsmallworldexpansioncurs.jpgsw_tl_cover.jpg

This game will be a normal game with the Grand Dames, Cursed!, and Tales and Legends expansions.

What the?
Small World is a game of territory domination with an emphasis of strategic thinking over random dice rolls. Each player will be able to select from a number of randomly generated races which combine the race's abilities with a special power to generate combinations ranging between ho-hum and outstandingly powerful. However, you have to decide when to abandon your current race in favor of a new one as the original lacks the power to expand or outlives its usefulness.

How do I join?
People can sign up until 11:59am EST on Saturday the 28th. After that, I will randomly choose five victims to play for everyone else's viewing entertainment. The game will begin after Thanksgiving and hopefully will be completed before Christmas. That may be wishful thinking, though.

Once a round ends, I will update the map, set the current event and reveal the upcoming event.

Guidelines for playing:
The initial race/special power stack will be randomized; I'll be keeping the board via a VASSAL module and will handle drawing new races and powers. If you are selecting a new race on your turn, you can either select from the known choices or wait for my next update to see the new combination.

Players can make their own rolls for final conquests/berserk (roll 1d6; 4,5,6 = 0) and are responsible for reposting the game summary with their additions/alterations. Post how many points you earned for your turn, but keep the total to yourself. At the end of the game, we'll reveal how many points we've earned. There is no way to stop it, but it is against the spirit (and rules) of the game to keep a running total of other players' points.

To keep the game flowing faster, each retreating unit from conquered regions will go to the region with the least defense that does not contain an immunity token like the dragon, hero, or halfling hole. Water regions are considered immune as well. Multiple retreating units will each check for whatever is lowest at the time they are placed.

Useful Links
Rules
FAQ

Race Summary:
1. Amazons (6) Use 4 Additional Amazons during conquest.
2. Dwarves (3) Collect 1 extra coin for each mine, even in decline.
3. Elves (6) Do not suffer losses when conquered.
4. Ghouls (5) Act as if active when in decline.
5. Giants (6) Conquer adjacent to occupied mountains at -1 units.
6. Halflings (6) First conquest may be anywhere. Place a hole-in-the-ground tokens in each of the first two regions conquered. These regions are immune to conquest and/or powers of enemy players.
7. Humans (5) Collect 1 extra coin for each Farmland region.
8. Orcs (5) Collect 1 extra coin for each occupied region conquered this turn.
9. Ratmen (8) Have more tokens than other races!
10. Skeletons (6) Create 1 additional skeleton during redeploy for each 2 occupied regions conquered this turn.
11. Sorcerors (5) On your turn, you may replace an opponent's single active token adjacent to your territory with a sorceror from the box. You may do this once per turn per opponent.
12. Tritons (6) Require one less token to conquer coastal regions (this includes regions adjacent to the lake).
13. Trolls (5) Place a Troll's Lair in each region you occupy. A region with a lair requires one extra token to conquer. These stay even in decline, but are removed if there are no trolls present in the region.
14. Wizards (5) Collect 1 extra coin for each Magic Source.

EXPANSION RACES:
15. Kobolds (11) You may not conquer or occupy a region with fewer than 2 race tokens. When going In Decline, however, keep a single token in each Region, as normal.
16. Goblins (6) You may conquer any In Decline Region at a cost of 1 less Goblin token than normal.
17. Gypsies (6) Place 1 bonus VP (from the stash) in each Region you abandon. You cannot conquer these Regions again this turn, BUT you receive the coins they hold as a bonus at turn's end.
18. Priestesses (4) When going In Decline, take one token from each region you occupy and stack them to form a single "Ivory Tower" in one of the regions you occupy, abandoning all the others. Each turn, score 1 VP for each Priestess token in the Ivory Tower, in lieu of your usual In Decline scoring.
19. White Ladies (2) Once In Decline, White Ladies are immune to your opponents' conquests and powers.

Special Power Summary:
1. Alchemist (4) Collect 2 exta coins at the end of each turn while active.
2. Berserk (4) You can use the reinforcement die for every conquest and roll before selecting the region.
3. Bivouacking (5) During redeploy, place or move the 5 Encampment tokens in your region(s). Regions with these tokens require one more token to be conquered. You may have multiple encampment tokens in each region.
4. Commando (4) Regions require one less token to conquer.
5. Diplomat (5) At the end of your turn, pick an opponent whose active race you did not attack. That player may not attack your active race before your next turn.
6. Dragon Master (5) Once per turn, you may make a single conquest with just one token. Place or move the Dragon token into that region which makes it immune.
7. Flying (5) You may conquer any region except water even if they are not adjacent.
8. Forest (4) Collect 1 extra coin for each Forest you control.
9. Fortified (3) Once per turn, place one Fortress in a region you control (max 1 per region, 6 total). Each fortress token generates one extra point if the race is active and regions with fortress tokens require one more token to conquer (even in decline).
10. Heroic (5) At the end of your turn place your 2 Hero tokens in two seperate regions you control. These regions cannot be conquered and are immune to enemy powers.
11. Hill (4) Collect 1 bonus coin for each Hill you control.
12. Merchant (2) Collect 1 bonus coin for each region you control.
13. Mounted (5) Conquer Hills and Farmlands at -1 units.
14. Pillaging (5) Collect 1 extra coin for each non-empty region conquered this turn.
15. Seafaring (5) You may conquer and occupy water regions. This lasts even in decline.
16. Spirit (5) This race does not count for your declined race limit. (Keep this power when in decline)
17. Stout (4) You may go into Decline after conquering.
18. Swamp (4) Collect 1 extra coin for each Swamp you control.
19. Underworld (5) You may conquer regions with caverns at -1 units. All regions with Caverns are considered adjacent.
20. Wealthy (4) Collect 7 extra coins at the end of your first turn active.

EXPANSION POWERS:
21. Cursed (0) In order to skip this race during race selection, you must place 3 VP on it instead of the usual 1.
22. Hordes Of (5) You may use your 2 "Hordes Of" tokens exactly as if they were additional active race tokens. They disappear when you go into decline.
23. Ransacking (4) Each time you successfully conquer a Region containing an opponent's active Race, he must immediately pay you 1 VP from his own stash.
24. Were- (4) On even-numbered turns, conquer all regions at -2 tokens.
25. Marauding (5) Once your conquests are over (but BEFORE any final conquest attempt using the Reinforcement Die), take your troops back in hand, leaving at least one token per region, and go through another complete cycle of conquests; then do your final conquest attempt, if any.
26. Historian (5) Collect 1 bonus VP for each Race In Decline at the time you select the Historians. While you're active, collect 1 bonus VP each time another Race goes into decline, including your own race!
27. Peace-Loving (4) Collect 3 bonus VP at the end of each turn during which you have attacked no active Race.

The Map:
swemptylittle.jpg

The Territories:

NORTHWEST
1. Drake Sea
2. Dragon Coast
3. Witch Marsh
4. World's End
7. Warlock Falls
8. Westros (1) Lost Tribe
9. Windmillia
12. Rush Valley (1) Lost Tribe
13. Rolling Flats (1) Lost Tribe
17. Norfolk (1) Lost Tribe
18. Ent's Harbor
19. Swamps of Despair (1) Lost Tribe
20. Leyland

NORTHEAST:
5. Northwoods
6. Ghitu Highlands (1) Lost Tribe
10. Mount Mithril
11. Ghitu Lowlands
14. Iron Spine
15. Secluded Swamp (1) Lost Tribe
16. Doveland
22. Waterwood
23. White Crag

SOUTHEAST
21. Rainbow Lake
26. Piercing Delta (1) Lost Tribe
27. Rivertown
31. Saint's Pride
32. Falling Leaves (1) Lost Tribe
33. Burning Steppes
34. Gug (1) Lost Tribe
39. Secluded Vale
40. Mid Peaks
41. High Peaks
42. Crackling Steppes (1) Lost Tribe
46. Southpeak
47. Misty Vale
48. Corner Sea

SOUTHWEST
24. Wool Road (1) Lost Tribe
25. Valorock
28. Raptor's Nest
29. Deathmaw
30. Midland (1) Lost Tribe
35. Platinum Plateau (1) Lost Tribe
36. Quicksilver Forest (1) Lost Tribe
37. Tranquil Expanse
38. Engorged Marsh (1) Lost Tribe
43. Silver Mist
44. Dryad's Retreat (1) Lost Tribe
45. Lowlands

OP was stolen from Valkun's pocket by Gandalf the Crazed, whom [strike]I[/strike] Rorus Raz drugged and stole it for himself.

Darian on

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    People should play this.

It's a ton of fun.

(not signing up just encouraging)

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    No Necromancer's island? For shame! I think I'll watch this one though.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I don't have it yet; just ordered it today. Plus, I wanted to play around with the module as is, before trying to add in the new Be Not Afraid races/powers and Necromancer's Island.

Darian on
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Well I am game so sign up!

From what I have seen on these boards the bids don't translate well into a PBP format though that may have just been due to inactivity. Either way if any of the events are going to include bids you should explain the process in the thread or something.

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Never played and no idea how to play, but

schuss on
  • Options
    ExtermatottExtermatott Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Same situation as schuss, but it looks interesting.
    !SIGN UP!

If anyone is up to it can they post a beginners guide of sorts.

Extermatott on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Rules summary from Headless Hollow is good, and might be worth printing out for new players.

The game is very straightforward; at the start of your first turn, you pick one of the available races/power combinations (the first one is free, but it you want to skip that one and pick one of the others, you must pay one VP for each combo you skip; those VP stay on the skipped combo until it is chosen, thus making it more appealing).

Then, you take the tokens for your combo and conquer as many regions as you can. You start from the edge of the board, and to conquer a region it costs you 2 tokens + the number of tokens already in the region (at the start, this is either 0 or 1 (lost tribe token in the regions with a white square or mountains). Once you capture a region, you can continue to capture more regions until you run out of tokens, but each new region must be adjacent to a region you already hold. When you capture a region from an opponent, you kill one of their figures but set aside the rest; those will be redeployed at the end of your turn.
    For your final conquest, you can attempt to capture a region without having enough tokens - in this case, you declare what region you are trying for, then roll a six sided die; on a 1, 2, or 3, the die adds that much to your power in attacking the region, but 4-6 are blank.

Then, you collect one VP for each region you hold, and you can freely redistribute your tokens across your regions (but cannot abandon any regions at this time).

Once everyone has had a turn, the turn marker advances to the next round, and you do it all again.

After the first turn, you get to decide whether to keep expanding with your current race, or to put them into decline. If you're keeping the active race, you pick up as many tokens as you want (usually people will leave one in each region they hold, but you don't have to) then conquer new regions just as before, then score VP.

If you're instead going into decline, you discard all but one token from each region, and flip that last token over to its declined side. Then you score one VP for each region.

You can only have one race in decline at a time, so if you go into decline with Amazons when you already had your Humans in decline, you would discard all of the Humans. Effectively, you can score VP for two races each turn, but only one is active and able to continue expanding.

Now, each race has a racial ability associated with it, and each race also gets a special power -- those all break the rules in some way, granting extra VP for holding certain regions, or letting you conquer regions more cheaply, etc. Most of those abilities and powers are lost once the race is in decline, but a few remain active -- Spirit lets you keep an extra race in decline, Ghouls can continue to expand even after they go into decline, etc.

The game is really a test of your ability to assess the relative strength of each player and of each available combo; because it is a multiplayer wargame, you need to keep your head down and not look like the leader while still collecting enough VP each round to compete for victory.

In addition to the normal rules, we'll be using Tales and Legends, which adds a special event each round. The events will be revealed the round before they go into effect, so we can talk about how they work as they come up.

Here are the starting combos for this game:
    swg7r0combos.jpg

Hill Giants (10 tokens) (+1 VP for hills; conquer from a mountain for -1 token)
    Flying Gypsies (11) (all regions are considered adjacent; +1 VP for each region they abandon at the start of a turn, but they cannot recapture those regions)
    Fortified Wizards (8) (place a fort each turn, granting +1 defense and +1 VP for that region; +1 VP for magic regions)
    Were-Humans (9) (-2 tokens to conquer on even numbered turns; +1 VP for farmlands)
    Pillaging Trolls (10) (+1 VP for each occupied region conquered; place a lair in each region for +1 defense)
    Swamp Tritons (10) (+1 VP for swamps; -1 to conquer regions adjacent to water)

Each of those powers and races has a number in the corner - add those together to see how many tokens you get. There also are some pictures on them; -# in a box means it costs # fewer tokens to conquer regions when the conditions are met (always a minimum of 1 token needed). +1 in a shield is increased defense, an extra token placed to make it harder for others to conquer a region. +1 in an octagon grants bonus VP when the criteria is met.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Bumping this; I'd like at least one more player, preferably two - with everything randomized through VASSAL, I can play as the fifth player if we only come up with 4, but I'd rather see us run the full 5p game rather than 4p.

Darian on
  • Options
    SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, I'll !signup. I <3 me some Small World.

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hmmm, been wanting to try this out for awhile.

Never played, but !signup.

If ya want me.

Hippie on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Yay for five players! I'll get everything else set up later today, but you all can go ahead and roll for starting position - roll 1d100 on orokos or on Invisible Castle with Campaign "Small World game 7"

Darian on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    schuss on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    85!

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

But mine is blackjack.

schuss on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Plus, I haven't mentioned whether high numbers are better, or low numbers.
    High numbers are better, of course.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Blackjack?

Blackjack.

schuss on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Hmm.

Both of the die rollers don't seem to be working, I registered an account on orocos but when I try to sign in it just takes me back to the sign in page. The other one is not working because I need to check a confirmation e-mail and my e-mail is not working.

Extermatott on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

My e-mail is working now, still don't know what was wrong with the other one.

Extermatott on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Rolled 25

At least I aint last.

EDIT- Link entered wrong

Hippie on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Just need a roll from Void Slayer, then: starting position: 1d100 44

Which gives us:
    SlickSHughes
    Extermatott
    Void Slayer
    Hippie
    schuss

And I need to go snap a picture of the opening board with tokens and pull a card for next round.
    Are you guys going to be active enough for an auction, or should I skip over those cards? For the first round, at least, if I draw an auction card I'll redraw.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The Map:
    swg7r10.jpg

The Territories:

NORTHWEST
    1. Drake Sea
    2. Dragon Coast
    3. Witch Marsh
    4. World's End
    7. Warlock Falls
    9. Windmillia
    18. Ent's Harbor
    20. Leyland

NORTHEAST:
    5. Northwoods
    10. Mount Mithril
    11. Ghitu Lowlands
    14. Iron Spine
    16. Doveland
    22. Waterwood
    23. White Crag

SOUTHEAST
    21. Rainbow Lake
    27. Rivertown
    31. Saint's Pride
    33. Burning Steppes
    34. Gug (1) Lost Tribe
    39. Secluded Vale
    40. Mid Peaks
    41. High Peaks
    42. Crackling Steppes (1) Lost Tribe
    46. Southpeak
    47. Misty Vale
    48. Corner Sea

SOUTHWEST
    25. Valorock
    28. Raptor's Nest
    29. Deathmaw
    37. Tranquil Expanse
    43. Silver Mist
    45. Lowlands

Combinations in use and available:
    swg7r0combos.jpg
    Hill Giants (10 tokens) (+1 VP for hills; conquer from a mountain for -1 token)
    Flying Gypsies (11) (all regions are considered adjacent; +1 VP for each region they abandon at the start of a turn, but they cannot recapture those regions)
    Fortified Wizards (8) (place a fort each turn, granting +1 defense and +1 VP for that region; +1 VP for magic regions)
    Were-Humans (9) (-2 tokens to conquer on even numbered turns; +1 VP for farmlands)
    Pillaging Trolls (10) (+1 VP for each occupied region conquered; place a lair in each region for +1 defense)

Current event:
    none

Upcoming event:
    Going Down
    During their turn, each player may use the in decline token(s) of their regions to attempt the conquest of 1 adjacent region. The player gets to roll the reinforcement die for this conquest attempt. If they suceed, the player moves these in decline token(s) into the newly conquered region, abandoning the other. If the conquest fails, nothing happens.

Turn Order:
    SlickSHughes (decay)
    Extermatott (decay)
    Void Slayer (decay)
    Hippie (decay)
    schuss (decay)

In summaries, active races will be bolded, and decline will be regular.

SlickSHughes is active to select a race, enter the map, and conquer.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The Map:
    swg7r10.jpg

The Territories:

NORTHWEST
    1. Drake Sea
    2. Dragon Coast
    3. Witch Marsh
    4. World's End
    7. Warlock Falls
    9. Windmillia
    18. Ent's Harbor
    20. Leyland

NORTHEAST:
    5. Northwoods
    10. Mount Mithril
    11. Ghitu Lowlands
    14. Iron Spine
    16. Doveland
    22. Waterwood
    23. White Crag

SOUTHEAST
    21. Rainbow Lake
    27. Rivertown
    31. Saint's Pride 1 Hill Giants
    33. Burning Steppes 2 Hill Giants
    34. Gug (1) Lost Tribe
    39. Secluded Vale 1 Hill Giants
    40. Mid Peaks 2 Hill Giants
    41. High Peaks 1 Hill Giants
    42. Crackling Steppes 3 Hill Giants
    46. Southpeak
    47. Misty Vale
    48. Corner Sea

SOUTHWEST
    25. Valorock
    28. Raptor's Nest
    29. Deathmaw
    37. Tranquil Expanse
    43. Silver Mist
    45. Lowlands

Combinations in use and available:
    swg7r0combos.jpg

Current event:
    none

Upcoming event:
    Going Down
    During their turn, each player may use the in decline token(s) of their regions to attempt the conquest of 1 adjacent region. The player gets to roll the reinforcement die for this conquest attempt. If they suceed, the player moves these in decline token(s) into the newly conquered region, abandoning the other. If the conquest fails, nothing happens.

Turn Order:
    SlickSHughes (decay)
    Extermatott (decay)
    Void Slayer (decay)
    Hippie (decay)
    schuss (decay)

SlickSHughes
    Take Hill Giants as Active Race. Enter at 40 (3), take 41(2), 42(2), 33(1), 31(1), 39(1). Reallocate as above. Earn 6 (regions held) + 2 (hills) = 8.

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The newly available race is Mounted Orcs. Also, I just noticed that the player combinations screen has a colored backdrop, so I think I'll switch your colors around to match that in my next update.

swg7r11.jpg

Extermatott is active:
    Mounted Orcs (10) (-1 to conquer hills or farmlands, +1 VP for each occupied region captured)

Darian on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    K! So what do I do!?

Extermatott on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Step 1: Choose a race/power combination. You get that many tokens (the number in parenthesis) and must spend 1 VP for each combo you skip over (you start the game with 5 to spend)
    Step 2: enter the map from an edge - place 2 of your tokens + the number of tokens already present in a region. You can enter from the edge of the board or across water, but cannot actually conquer any water regions
    Step 3: Leaving those tokens in place, continue to conquer new regions adjacent to the first
    Step 4: If desired, you can attempt a final conquest even if you don't have enough tokens for the last region - if so, choose a region then roll 1d6; if you get a 1, 2, or 3, you add that many to the number of tokens you have, and see if it is enough to conquer the region
    Step 5: Redeploy - leaving at least one token in each region, you can move excess tokens around for defense
    Step 6: Score - count the number of regions held + any bonus VP

Take SlickS' turn:
    Step 1: Take Hill Giants as Active Race. (receive 10 tokens)
    Step 2: Enter at 40 (3), (number in parentheses is how many he used to take the region)
    Step 3: take 41(2), 42(2), 33(1), 31(1), 39(1). (additional conquests are adjacent to at least one of his regions, and he spends -1 tokens to capture regions that are adjacent to a mountain he holds)
    Step 4: (no final conquest, since he used up his tokens exactly)
    Step 5: Reallocate as above (moved tokens from 40 and 41 to 33 and 42, and he updated the list of territories, removing the killed Lost Tribe and placing his Hill Giants).
    Step 6: Earn 6 (regions held) + 2 (hills) = 8.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    So are your tokens basically your troops? and you need 1 to go into a unoccupied region and 1 more than the number of opposing tokens to capture it?

Extermatott on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    2 for an unoccupied region, but otherwise yes. Also one more for mountain regions.

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    To conquer a region you must play 2 tokens + the number of tokens present (mountains, race, or other defense tokens, cumulatively).

He was taking those unoccupied regions for just one because his giants are very adept when attacking from a mountain (-1 to regions attacked adjacent to a mountain controlled by the giants).

Darian on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Also what do the circular symbols on some of the regions mean? (some look like hills, one looks like a pick and shovel)

Extermatott on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Blue is Magic Sites, Red is Mines, Black/Brown is Subterranean Caverns (Adjacent to any other area with Caverns)

I think.

Hippie on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Those don't matter unless you have a combination that uses them - Wizards get VP from magic (blue circle with white crystals), Dwarves get VP from mines (red circle with Pickaxe), and the Underworld power can capture the caverns for -1 token and use them (all caverns adjacent, but only for the Underworld race)

So your flying gypsies (seriously, those are great) will just ignore them all.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    K Here goes nothing.
    Take Fortified Wizards as active race. Enter at 5 (2), take 4 (3), take 3 (2). Final Conquest Roll to 2 (with one token)6-FAILURE +0. Relocate as Below. Lose 1(for second choice) Earn 3(regions held) + 2 (magical regions) = 5. Put fort on 5? +1 for fort? = 6?

DID I DO IT RIGHT!?

The Territories:

NORTHWEST
    1. Drake Sea
    2. Dragon Coast
    3. Witch Marsh (3 Fortified Wizards)
    4. World's End (2 Fortified Wizards)
    7. Warlock Falls
    9. Windmillia
    18. Ent's Harbor
    20. Leyland

NORTH EAST
    5. Northwoods (3 Fortified Wizards)
    10. Mount Mithril
    11. Ghitu Lowlands
    14. Iron Spine
    16. Doveland
    22. Waterwood
    23. White Crag

SOUTHEAST
    21. Rainbow Lake
    27. Rivertown
    34. Gug (1) Lost Tribe
    46. Southpeak
    47. Misty Vale
    48. Corner Sea

SOUTHWEST
    25. Valorock
    28. Raptor's Nest
    29. Deathmaw
    37. Tranquil Expanse
    43. Silver Mist
    45. Lowlands

Extermatott on
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Put a [Fortress] token on the land that has it in the territories section, otherwise that looks right. I am going to wait on confirmation it is correct though.

I'll be posting in about 6-7 hours for my turn.

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Am I allowed to edit my turn?
    because I may need to change things like that.

Extermatott on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Darian wrote: »
    Those don't matter unless you have a combination that uses them - Wizards get VP from magic (blue circle with white crystals), Dwarves get VP from mines (red circle with Pickaxe), and the Underworld power can capture the caverns for -1 token and use them (all caverns adjacent, but only for the Underworld race)

So your flying gypsies (seriously, those are great) will just ignore them all.

So the Flying Gypsies are supposedly great?

Damn I wish I had read this before I did my move.

Extermatott on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Flying means all regions are adjacent, so you can spread out freely. Gypsies get bonus VP for each region they abandon at the start of their turn (but then cannot retake that round) - together, that means you pick up all your gypsies each turn and claim all the open areas on the board, or pick off some from opponents with only one token guarding. It's a nice combination. But taking the best looking combo is also potentially setting yourself up for trouble - this game has a diplomatic side to it, and looking like the strongest player is a good way to get ganged up on.

Also, I thought I had updated the board earlier; not sure what happened to my post. :(

Your new race will be Cursed Dwarfs! Which just might be the least powerful combination ever.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    swg7r12.jpg

The Territories:

NORTHWEST
    1. Drake Sea
    2. Dragon Coast
    3. Witch Marsh (3 Fortified Wizards)
    4. World's End (2 Fortified Wizards)
    7. Warlock Falls
    9. Windmillia
    18. Ent's Harbor
    20. Leyland

NORTH EAST
    5. Northwoods (3 Fortified Wizards, Fortress)
    10. Mount Mithril
    11. Ghitu Lowlands
    14. Iron Spine
    16. Doveland
    22. Waterwood
    23. White Crag

SOUTHEAST
    21. Rainbow Lake
    27. Rivertown
    34. Gug (1) Lost Tribe
    46. Southpeak
    47. Misty Vale
    48. Corner Sea

SOUTHWEST
    25. Valorock
    28. Raptor's Nest
    29. Deathmaw
    37. Tranquil Expanse
    43. Silver Mist
    45. Lowlands

Void Slayer is active
    Flying Gypsies (11) (all regions are considered adjacent; +1 VP for each region they abandon at the start of a turn, but they cannot recapture those regions) (+1 VP)
    Mounted Orcs (10) (-1 to conquer hills or farmlands, +1 VP for each occupied region captured)
    Cursed Dwarfs (3) (costs 3 VP to skip; +1 VP for each mine, even in decline)

Darian on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    That was exactly why I didn't choose them, aren't I smart.

Extermatott on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    You should have made all the Ability and Race combinations make no sense at all, like flying dwarves.

Extermatott on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Nah, random combinations is all good.

Darian on