As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

nyxquest: buy one get nine free

JarsJars Registered User regular
edited November 2010 in Games and Technology
NyxQuest_-_Kindred_Spirits_Coverart.png

so with how many giveaways there were in the steam thread a lot of us must have this game now from the 10 pack. I played it for 2 hours and it is a really, really solid platforming game that sort of combines the level design of ecco the dolphin, the jumping of megaman, and the bosses of kirby.

In the game you are a winged greek goddess named nyx, and it takes place in ancient greece after a calamity pretty much destroyed the entire earth leaving it as a desolate wasteland, and the few residents left are none to friendly. You are searching for your friend Icarus.

You can fly and glide for a brief period of time, and you can also manipulate objects with the power of zeus. Like if a pillar is blocking your way you can knock it down, or you can float a block up to get to heights higher than you can normally fly to. You can also grab objects like fireballs to attack enemies. I completed up to stage 5(13 total) so far, and the difficulty is steadily moving up and you unlock new ways to use your power as the game progresses.

It's on steam/wiiware for cheap, but the 10 pack sale is over I believe.

if any of you have not started it yet you should:
1. start it playing it already
2. make a new game, create a save, then restart your computer before actually playing it.

Jars on

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I agree, I have it on Wiiware and it is a nice solid little game. There have been a lot of side scrolling platformers recently but this one's worth your time.

The main impression it left on me is a sense of scale. The structures, blocks and columns feel really massive, and yet you're interacting with them, pushing them around to progress.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvIkALd6MCQ

Personally I think it didn't get much attention because the name is horrible. They had to change it from the mildly intriguing "Icarian" to "NyxQuest" at the last minute, due to copyright or something.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky