Options

Canola [chat]

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I don't know I saw a vid from India where they drop infants and toddlers off a two-story roof down to people holding a tarp down below so it wouldn't surprise me to see a boiling kid ritual.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Kagera wrote: »
    I don't know I saw a vid from India where they drop infants and toddlers off a two-story roof down to people holding a tarp down below so it wouldn't surprise me to see a boiling kid ritual.

One weekend in Singapore there was an open day at the fire station and everyone got to jump from the third floor onto one of those catch-mattress things they used to save people from burning buildings.

It was pretty rad.

Daxon on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Daxon wrote: »

One weekend in Singapore there was an open day at the fire station and everyone got to jump from the third floor onto one of those catch-mattress things they used to save people from burning buildings.

It was pretty rad.

These kids weren't too into it surprisingly.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I have just eaten half a wedge of brie with oatcakes because I wasn't really paying attention and just munching away.

japan on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Daxon wrote: »

It was pretty rad.

These kids weren't too into it surprisingly.

Kids obviously don't know how to enjoy life, losers.

Daxon on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I have been up for half an hour now. I am done my coffee and internet show watching. I'm not quite hungry for breakfast yet. I have a lot to do, but nothing I want to start before breakfast.

In other words, I'm bored now.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That Tibetan monk is reading Tin Tin in Tibet, fyi.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I'm disappointed no one recognized the cover.

Aldo on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    ARGH fucking christ the aquarium is loud

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Aldo wrote: »
    I'm disappointed no one recognized the cover.

Well, I saw it was child's cartoon book thing but I wasn't really paying attention to what it would be.

Now that I've taken a second look it's pretty damn obvious it's a Tintin book.

Daxon on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    wagh rargh rrrgh

so fucked for my finals

I did no work yesterday, because upon picking my sister up from work, which should have been a short ordeal, I was treated to the wonderful task of taking care of her horridly hungover self, paying for food to settle her stomach that she would instantly refuse to eat and then dash to the Boston Market bathroom to try and force her dumbass self to throw up.

and then of course I had to drive VERY SLOWLY even though my wheel is pretty fucked up (I hit a pothole and i think it knocked my brake pad out of whack so that it screeches very very loudly when I drive), pulling over constantly so she could stick her head out the window and heave...and once I got to her apartment, which smelled like vomit, I screeched over to the nearest store to buy shit to air it out for her.

and of course by that time my whole damn day was over

And now I can't concentrate on my paper and I have all this work to do so many finals oh god >_<

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    wagh rargh rrrgh

so fucked for my finals

I did no work yesterday, because upon picking my sister up from work, which should have been a short ordeal, I was treated to the wonderful task of taking care of her horridly hungover self, paying for food to settle her stomach that she would instantly refuse to eat and then dash to the Boston Market bathroom to try and force her dumbass self to throw up.

and then of course I had to drive VERY SLOWLY even though my wheel is pretty fucked up (I hit a pothole and i think it knocked my brake pad out of whack so that it screeches very very loudly when I drive), pulling over constantly so she could stick her head out the window and heave...and once I got to her apartment, which smelled like vomit, I screeched over to the nearest store to buy shit to air it out for her.

And now I can't concentrate on my paper and I have all this work to do so many finals oh god >_<

Hot.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    wagh rargh rrrgh

so fucked for my finals

You'd expect me to have some advice on efficiently studying for finals, wouldn't you.

Well.

I dunno, try doing something other than your paper?

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Ah fuck it, I'm going to go force myself to eat breakfast so I can get on with my day afterwards.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Apparently she blacked out really early in the night and can't remember anything she had done after 1 am

and woke up on the floor next to her wastebasket with vomit half in it

And then got up really early to walk a 5k for charity, then went to work, at which point she succumbed to obvious alcohol poisoning right in front of me. When I went to her apartment I saw all the empty bottles they'd used...for like a 15 person party, they drank 5 full bottles of liquor and a 24 pack of beer. The only bit of alcohol left was a tiny shot of peach liqueur.

I've never been that drunk before in my life, how do you even go through all that jesus christ

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    and apparently one of her friends, who had a habit of biting off beer bottle caps, was so drunk that when he was handed an already open bottle of beer, he bit the glass off and cut his mouth all over the place

and in the morning, "Why is my mouth bleeding?"

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Apparently she blacked out really early in the night and can't remember anything she had done after 1 am

and woke up on the floor next to her wastebasket with vomit half in it

And then got up really early to walk a 5k for charity, then went to work, at which point she succumbed to obvious alcohol poisoning right in front of me. When I went to her apartment I saw all the empty bottles they'd used...for like a 15 person party, they drank 5 full bottles of liquor and a 24 pack of beer. The only bit of alcohol left was a tiny shot of peach liqueur.

I've never been that drunk before in my life, how do you even go through all that jesus christ

This is soothing my hangover. I am remembering how bad it can be and realizing that this isn't so bad.

Even if the sound from the aquarium feels like drilling teeth.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    and apparently one of her friends, who had a habit of biting off beer bottle caps, was so drunk that when he was handed an already open bottle of beer, he bit the glass off and cut his mouth all over the place

and in the morning, "Why is my mouth bleeding?"

hahahaha oh my god

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited December 2010
    And people wonder why I don't like alcohol users.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Echo wrote: »

well fuck you too

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    man it's not alcohol users...it's dumb undergraduate alcohol abusers

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My sister got blitzed once, on her eighteenth birthday.

She felt like shit and lost her phone.

I think it actively traumatized her, because I haven't seen her drink heavily since.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    5 bottles of liquor and 24 beers isn't that much for fifteen people

that means an average person in that party had one third of one of the bottles and one and a half beers

so yeah it probably got lively indeed but it's not like "oh my god are all your friends polish truckers" amounts

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    My sister got blitzed once, on her eighteenth birthday.

She felt like shit and lost her phone.

I think it actively traumatized her, because I haven't seen her drink heavily since.

Good story bro

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited December 2010
    I have a surfer friend who was surfing in Russia.

He ended up in a shed by the beach with a bunch of Russians. He said he got mildly concerned when they all had shit-eating grins and then went "now, let's see how you drink vodka!"

Echo on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »

well fuck you too

People who get black out drunk repeatedly though are kind of stupid.

Like, after the first terrible hangover you're supposed to learn to moderate yourself.

EDIT: Example - I know that 6 standard drinks is pretty much my limit, and I will have to take it easy the next day. I can stretch that to *maybe* 8 if they're sufficiently further on in the night, but that's it.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Drinking in moderation is fun, but it is a habit thatseems to take a while to develop. It also helps not to have friends who become Dickheads when drunk. Which is why I do not get drunk with my brother

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    yeah my friends are all excellent people and that's still mostly true when they're drunk so no experience with alcohol has been too traumatizing

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    About a year or two ago, I watched a drunk 22-ish year old girl do the following, on a boat:

a) Drop her phone.
    b) Kick her phone over the side of the boat.

I felt really bad for her but I also couldn't help but laugh. In fact, I just burst out with laughter now.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited December 2010

that means an average person in that party had one third of one of the bottles and one and a half beers

so yeah it probably got lively indeed but it's not like "oh my god are all your friends polish truckers" amounts

Well, I'm assuming that the great many of those were girls, and that the alcohol was not evenly distributed, considering outside reports that my sister had a ratio of 1:3 juice to liquor as the worst bartender ever, and made herself a copy of every drink she made for other people. Not everyone at the party got fucked up, just certain people who had to rely on their sisters for money (she also misplaced her wallet, fortunately we found it again) and transportation

I think your image of what's a lot alcohol is skewed, too

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    dang, hakkes

I am sorry your sister is so messed up and that it's having consequences for you

you're going to talk to her, right?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Speaking of hangovers, I think trying to cram a whole night of drinking into a good two hours wasn't the wisest thing

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    man it's not alcohol users...it's dumb undergraduate alcohol abusers

:P

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    dang, hakkes

I am sorry your sister is so messed up and that it's having consequences for you

Already did, but I scarcely need to. These kind of experiences tend to impart their own lessons :P

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    that's good

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Well, I'm assuming that the great many of those were girls, and that the alcohol was not evenly distributed, considering outside reports that my sister had a ratio of 1:3 juice to liquor as the worst bartender ever, and made herself a copy of every drink she made for other people. Not everyone at the party got fucked up, just certain people who had to rely on their sisters for money (she also misplaced her wallet, fortunately we found it again) and transportation

I think your image of what's a lot alcohol is skewed, too

maybe.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Yea i was just doing the headmaths on that number and I am pretty sure I drank more when I was 16...?

Aldo on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    dang, hakkes

Already did, but I scarcely need to. These kind of experiences tend to impart their own lessons :P

I'm glad I learned them in HS

nexuscrawler on
This discussion has been closed.