As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Street Fighter: Arcade Edition: Home Edition releases June 7, for 15 dollars.

• Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Q is the only charge character I've ever enjoyed playing in a Street Fighter game. Too bad he's so terrible. Well, 3s terrible, so he can still kill you in a few hits and you can't ever let him do his thing. But if they brought him to SF4 I doubt they'd keep his taunt mechanic, which was really half the fun of playing him.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Bring Q and Sean over so we can have more people who taunt. Taunt taunt taunt

Is Dudley's SF4 Rose Taunt worse than his 3S taunt?

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I still think Alex is really Abel sans amnesia.

And Sawada?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zCwW0j7yss

Morvidus on
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    If they were following the style they were using for other character reveals the 2 left would likely be alpha characters, 2 Sf3, SF2 is done, 2 new characters. Ono loves him some R. Mika.. idk though the Juni/Juli combo works as a 3rd pairing of characters.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    They should just make a female El Fuerte.

On that note, I may spend more time on other characters in AE than the Luchador.

Current thoughts are Cammy/Chun/Yang.

If they bring in another Alpha character I feel comfortable saying it would probably be Rolento.

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    They should pull out all the stops and go back to Street Fighter. No numbers, no super/hyper.

Birdie and Eagle. Wut.

Morvidus on
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

They did.

She's terrible.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Antihippy wrote: »

They did.

She's terrible.

Don't let El Fuerte hear you say that.

Lars on
  • Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Lars wrote: »
    Antihippy wrote: »

They did.

She's terrible.

Don't let El Fuerte hear you say that.

Do not taunt the freakish giant with the feather in his hair.

Valiantheart on
    PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    KING LITERATE on
    Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh technology, why have you chosen to give everyone a voice?

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Walt on
  • Options
    FlipprDolphinFlipprDolphin Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    she needs a bag over her head

FlipprDolphin on
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Walt wrote: »

Whilst the initial move was pretty out there, I have to give props to Capcom for actually listening to player feedback and coming up with what is a pretty fair solution. It's something most devs / publishers only pay lip service to, but Capcom have shown they're willing to listen to this kind of feedback time and again now.

So basically this is back on my radar.

Which is a bad thing because cash monies. :lol:

subedii on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Still no offline DLC or being able to save offline (unlocking taunts/costume colors, trials, challenges), but way better than locking out characters.

Walt on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Does this mean we can get a Steam 4-pack back on track?

Peewi on
  • Options
    House of PaincakesHouse of Paincakes Spokane, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm going to be down in Long Beach, CA all of next week for work (M-F), by myself, with most nights free.

Any of you guys in the area? I have a feeling I'm going to get very bored. I won't be able to bring my stick or X-Box or anything though so hopefully you guys can provide.

I should have a rental car and I'm bringing my GPS so transportation shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I considered driving to LA for Wednesday Night Fights but I have a feeling it's just going to be packed-full and I'd rather just play some casual SF/MvC or something.

AE gets released Tuesday, right? Release party! Come on guys!

House of Paincakes on
  • Options
    JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Peewi wrote: »

Does this mean we can get a Steam 4-pack back on track?

Oh man that is great news!
    I am seriously liking Capcom these days. If another four-pack comes together someone let me know.

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    PsycohedPsycohed On a Fool's ErrandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Woah. I. Wow. Bravo, Capcom. Bravo. Shit, maybe it's time to start looking at that Steam version again...

Psycohed on
    brig_banner.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I suggest a new thread when AE becomes available next week. You got this Chaos or should I grab it? :D

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I have to hand it to Capcom, I can't think of the last time a developer/publisher completely did a complete reversal in response to customer feedback like this.

I'm almost tempted again now...but I suck at fighting games and in my heart I know I always will...and I do still hate GWFL. Hmm...

Gaslight on
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I haven't played this game in months (and even then for like two hours) but I had a lot of fun tonight playing as a really terrible Dan.

He's fun to play as, and for some reason even though he's not the worst character in the game it doesn't actually feel that bad to lose as him and it feels super great to win. My favorite victory was hitting someone in the face with my big fireball on wakeup (yes I Ultra on wakeup, I know I'm terrible).

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yes! Another successful stick-convert. I've had about 12 friends switch from 360 pads or fightpads to TEs. I should work for Madcatz...

It originally started when an online friend said I would suck on a 360 pad, so I tried it and he creamed me. He thought, "Damn, if it's that much of a difference, maybe I should get a stick!"

Bastard had one the next day, which greatly improved his run-away-air-hadoken technique with LOLkuma...

Morvidus on
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Gaslight wrote: »
    I have to hand it to Capcom, I can't think of the last time a developer/publisher completely did a complete reversal in response to customer feedback like this.

Blizzard and using your real name on their forums. That was a lot of kicking and screaming.

But awesome news for those of you intending to buy the PC version. I'll probably just get the DLC off of Xbox Live a couple of days after it comes out. Looking forward to it immensely.

Dunxco on
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Morvidus wrote: »
    Yes! Another successful stick-convert. I've had about 12 friends switch from 360 pads or fightpads to TEs. I should work for Madcatz...

It originally started when an online friend said I would suck on a 360 pad, so I tried it and he creamed me. He thought, "Damn, if it's that much of a difference, maybe I should get a stick!"

Bastard had one the next day, which greatly improved his run-away-air-hadoken technique with LOLkuma...
    2011-05-26194244.jpg
    Superior.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Morvidus wrote: »

2011-05-26194244.jpg
    Superior.

That is a damn good concept. I don't think I could handle it, based on my experience with a keyboard on PC...

Morvidus on
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I started out playing fighting games with Guilty Gear #Reload and various Street Fighters via emulator on keyboard. I tried hard to like the stick but it just didn't work for me and pads are just kinda meh. The Hitbox guys took too god damn long so I decided to just gut my TE stick and make one myself. I'm really looking forward to giving this thing a whirl in Mahvel. I only just completed it, I had to bring it to work so that I could steal some 7/64 disconnects for my own personal use. :D

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Starting to shake off some of the ring rust in this, jumped in again last night. So rusty, but still managed a nice dash under a jumping Dee Jay to take him out.

Soooooo many bad people online last night with high scores. The level of competition must have dropped like a rock after Marvel came out.

Should be insane next week.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I suggest a new thread when AE becomes available next week. You got this Chaos or should I grab it? :D

We'll probably be new thread ready before then.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Y'all better upload your replays.

I wonder how many people we can "follow" and how many replays it saves.

Bizazedo on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Speaking of replays and uploading.

So, I'm running my xbox 360 through HDMI now. Is there a particularly easy way to use the other open video/audio out connection to record/stream through my computer? I know we have some peeps who are capable of recording, so I thought I'd try to ask here first.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Y'all better upload your replays.

I wonder how many people we can "follow" and how many replays it saves.

Biz wants to e-stalk you. Be afraid.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    ChaosHat wrote: »

So, I'm running my xbox 360 through HDMI now. Is there a particularly easy way to use the other open video/audio out connection to record/stream through my computer? I know we have some peeps who are capable of recording, so I thought I'd try to ask here first.

I use a Hauppage and do it that way. 360 goes HDMI to tv and cables to the Hauppage which goes to the TV and the computer.

Still unsure if it causes any significant input lag (don't THINK so), but it's a moot point due to replays on SF.

I'm very voyeuristic in nature.

Bizazedo on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Starting to shake off some of the ring rust in this, jumped in again last night. So rusty, but still managed a nice dash under a jumping Dee Jay to take him out.

Soooooo many bad people online last night with high scores. The level of competition must have dropped like a rock after Marvel came out.

Should be insane next week.

You down for SSF4 this weekend Biz? I'd like to test my might with El Fuerte one last time. I am also always in the market for being taught MvC3 the hard way.

Walt on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I haven's played sf4 in an eternity

you guys better whip my cody back into shape come mon

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I haven's played sf4 in an eternity

you guys better whip my cody back into shape come mon

I hope you like tortillas.

I serve them fresh alllll daayyyyyy

Walt on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

I use a Hauppage and do it that way. 360 goes HDMI to tv and cables to the Hauppage which goes to the TV and the computer.

Still unsure if it causes any significant input lag (don't THINK so), but it's a moot point due to replays on SF.

I'm very voyeuristic in nature.

Fuck replays on SF. I want to stream.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    You down for SSF4 this weekend Biz? I'd like to test my might with El Fuerte one last time. I am also always in the market for being taught MvC3 the hard way.
    Probably a good idea. El Fuerte is fast enough to shake some of the rust off of how I move with Bison, I hope.
    Fuck replays on SF. I want to stream.

I played around with it a bit. You can do that with the Hauppage, but it's a pain in the butt initially.

If the goal is streaming, I'd probably use something else though.

Bizazedo on
  • Options
    Nick TNick T Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'd like to get in on any SF rust removal. I will no doubt be using a button to block and forget to do supers with double motions for the first few fights. I'll be around late tonight if anyone would like to fight.

Nick T on
    PSN: ConvicNic
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I will be back from England on Monday just in time for AE to drop. Awesome.

Evil Multifarious on