As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Let's Play | Video] TES IV: Oblivion

lt_yaolt_yao Registered User regular
edited December 2010 in Games and Technology
Hello and welcome, if you are not creep'd out by greetings!

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
is the game I will be playing

The plot:
Oblivion, the fourth game in the Elder Scrolls series, is set within the province of Cyrodiil, the heartland and Imperial capital of Tamriel. Emperor Uriel Septim VII is assassinated in flight from his own palace, but just before he dies he passes to you - the foreordained of his dreams - the mystic Amulet of Kings. The adventure begins with the quest to find Uriel's lost and illegitimate son, the only heir to the throne. In a world where the forces of darkness seek their ultimate dominion over the ranks of man and mer alike, you alone stand between the future of Tamriel and the gates of Oblivion..

As written in the mother of all information wikipedia.

How I will be doing this:

Videos will be posted in sets. mostly 30 minutes in length, 15 x 2. Everything will be posted on my youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/EspCulo?feature=mhum

Everything is in 720p for your viewing pleasure, if you got any complaints, do not hesitate to inform me either in the comment section bellow the videos or here. Or if you have suggestions, same goes for that. I will obviously be doing the whole game if nothing goes wrong.

Ever since the Skyrim was announced, I felt an urge to go through this game one more time.

The Videos:

Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4
Set 5
Set 6
Set 7
Set 8

54Wfb.png
lt_yao on

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Will you be doing Shivering Isles as well?

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I might be, if people turn out to like this one.

lt_yao on
    54Wfb.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Sorry for the double post. Set 2 and Set 3 are uploaded, been having trouble with youtube past few days, couldn't upload videos properly.

lt_yao on
    54Wfb.png
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Watched the first set... quite enjoyable!

Might want to group your video sets into spoilers or something, or your first post is going to end up being a mile long. :P

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    This has lots of potential, especially with TESV on the horizon, this is a great primer rather than me starting up fifth run through this game.

Funny enough, I've never actually beaten the main quest line. All the exploratory stuff and side quests were much more interesting.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Watched the first set... quite enjoyable!

Might want to group your video sets into spoilers or something, or your first post is going to end up being a mile long. :P

Heh, yeah I should do that.

Set 5 should be out later today. Been sorting out the Fraps lag problem.

lt_yao on
    54Wfb.png
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    definitely going to check this out. various issues i have with fantasy and bethesda animators prevent me from playing it myself, but this is an opportunity to see what it's all about. :^:

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Set 5 is uploaded, just to let you all know.

This has been the more boring part I suppose, Set 6 is more action packed, it should be out tomorrow if everything goes right.

lt_yao on
    54Wfb.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I've watched up to set 4, and it does start to slow down for sure. That's just the way the story goes, I suppose. :P

Funny thing is that after only 4 sets, I think you are about as far as I ever got on the main story in this game... I spent so much time doing side-quests and the guilds, that I basically burned out on the game and never bothered going any further.

Also, going into the Oblivion gates was pure torture on my gaming sensibilities.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I've watched up to set 4, and it does start to slow down for sure. That's just the way the story goes, I suppose. :P

Funny thing is that after only 4 sets, I think you are about as far as I ever got on the main story in this game... I spent so much time doing side-quests and the guilds, that I basically burned out on the game and never bothered going any further.

Also, going into the Oblivion gates was pure torture on my gaming sensibilities.

Oh yes, the Oblivion gates is just like a morning routine:

Go in, punch baddies in the face, leave.

It does start to slow down a bit, Set 5 has a bit of action and Set 6 which is to be uploaded today has lots more action.

lt_yao on
    54Wfb.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I have to say I am disappointed you didn't record doing the Thieves' Guild quests, as those are way more interesting than the main storyline.

As for your spells not working, was perhaps some of your equipment causing a negative to those skill levels?

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I have to say I am disappointed you didn't record doing the Thieves' Guild quests, as those are way more interesting than the main storyline.

As for your spells not working, was perhaps some of your equipment causing a negative to those skill levels?

Well not that I know of. They worked fine for me today when I was messing around in the caves.

And yeah, sorry about that, I've started doing Dark brotherhood quests and done quite a few, but I think I'll film it the next time I do it again.

lt_yao on
    54Wfb.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Sorry to double post, but eh... Set 7 is up.

lt_yao on
    54Wfb.png