As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dungeon Defenders] - Dungeon Defenders II: The Dungeoning coming soon! Free-to-play!

1899091929395»

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    So what you're saying is I need to give you guys $25 this Friday.

'Kay.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    $20 actually because 20% discount.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Yes, more people need to start playing this. :D

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Yes, more people need to start playing this. :D

I'm going to try and pick it up this weekend, but I had an extremely unexpected pet situation develop yesterday. On one hand, $$$$; but on the other I need a distraction.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    So can you play it single player or offline or is it online multi only?

• Options
    Its online everything for anti-cheating reasons AFAIK, but you can create private lobbies / games, then simply not invite anyone if you feel like going solo.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hmm, some sort of reward is being given now for daily logins. Make sure you login each day folks.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Hmm, some sort of reward is being given now for daily logins. Make sure you login each day folks.

YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO! YOU'RE NOT MY DAD!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Buy-in only for a year? Dang.

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »
    Buy-in only for a year? Dang.

What does that mean exactly? That I'm buying what amounts to a yearly sub?

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    Its spend money now, and when the game goes F2P, you get the money back as in-game credits for the premium shop.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    So the CE upgrade on Steam.

Is that on top of the base game price, or is it either or?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Seems to be an added cost, but you get more than the amount you spend back, unlike the base game which has a 1:1 value.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Picked this up today cause I had so much fun with the original.

I noticed I'm leveling but does it mean anything outside of unlocking new abilities and dungeons?

• Options
    Levelling gives you:
    New abilities
    New towers & more upgrades
    More spec points
    New dungeons & enemies (and eventually hard mode of old dungeons)
    Ability to wear higher end gear

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oh, generic tips for people starting out:
    Use CC traps/turrets instead of shield turrets. (so Ice Tower, and Geyser Trap)
    Use your Lightning Aura / Explosive Trap / Earthshaker Tower at choke points
    Use Cannonball / Fireball to guard your other turrets & objectives

Huntress: Poison dart / Explosive balloon are bad, don't use them
    Monk: Lightning aura is great, Boost aura is good but don't upgrade it, the other two are bad, don't use them
    Squire: Don't use the training dummy, its bad. End game defense builds will focus on DPS and ignore defense HP, which will also obsolete your shield tower.
    Apprentice: All towers are good, but once you have all 4 towers, you wont be itemizing for Defense Health anymore, and this makes the shield bad

Ideally, for your defense characters, you will want a spread of stats prioritizing Defense Power and Defense Speed. Defense Health is a bit of a suckers bet because if the NPCs are getting through to your defenses, you have screwed up somewhere. (Exceptions for Monks auras and solo Squires, and possibly Trap Huntress)

Some YouTube vids for those interested:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT2-DIv5l7I
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsELqQB99DA

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So I'm assuming there will still be progress wipes so there currently isn't really a point to playing except to test?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    More like a single wipe just before release I'm guessing. It may be a gear only, or it may be a full wipe, not sure.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So I'm assuming there will still be progress wipes so there currently isn't really a point to playing except to test?

Also play because it's fun

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options

Because it's fun?

• Options
    Quid wrote: »

Because it's fun?

No, that's preposterous. Nobody plays a game to have fun, they only play to fill bars and make numbers go up.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Its not really fun to level and gather the same equipment twice.

I mean if that is what you find fun, then that is cool, but I'd pretty much be done with it once it wiped and I had to redo things all over again. That just isn't even remotely fun to me on any level.

Shocking, I know, but some of us have better things to do with our time then retreading the same thing just to get back to where we were.

Glad to know the DunDef community is still toxic though! At least that's consistent.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah wipes are bad if your goal is to collect the best gear and you arent enjoying the gameplay itself.

I enjoy comp stomping and tweaking defense layouts. Loot is just something that I pick up with the mana and energy. Its something I get to tweak in the tavern for different stats and bonus perks.

Right now i have turret projectile range boosts for both my squire and apprentice and double bonuses to earthshaker aoe. It will suck to lose it but im enjoying the game too much to care.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

I mean if that is what you find fun, then that is cool, but I'd pretty much be done with it once it wiped and I had to redo things all over again. That just isn't even remotely fun to me on any level.

Shocking, I know, but some of us have better things to do with our time then retreading the same thing just to get back to where we were.

Glad to know the DunDef community is still toxic though! At least that's consistent.

O_o

Dude what? I just recommended playing it just because it's a fun game to play.

I apologize.

• Options
    Hitmonchan107Hitmonchan107 Registered User regular

We don't have any specific plans to wipe. We're really hoping to keep them to a minimum. But there may be limited resets depending on what we add/change to the game.

iamisom, Community Manager for Dungeon Defenders
    Twitter: @iamisom
    Currently Playing: Dungeon Defenders II (PC), Warframe (XO), Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii U)
  • Options
    Quid wrote: »

O_o

Dude what? I just recommended playing it just because it's a fun game to play.

I apologize.

No, I think he was replying to my post which came off more combative than I had intended. I apologize for being rude, @chocobolicious

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    Well, DD2 is broken for me after one game :(. I tried all the ways they listed on their technical support page, and DD2 still fails to launch. It worked for me just fine for one game, so I know my computer meets the specs (aside from being brand new). Anyone else run into this issue?

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Nope, sorry.

Out of curiosity, how far are you getting? The initial launcher? The title/splash screen?

If it gets to the title screen, then wont get further, it may be that a) The Playverse/Trendy.net servers are trying to find you a lobby (Entry Tavern) but the search window is being placed several Z levels behind the title page.

EDIT: I know I had some problems today with getting from the title screen to the Entry Tavern.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I can't even get to the title screen. I click on "Play" from the Steam menu, then it opens up another window I can't see, and eventually Steam and that other window crash.

• Options
    Restarting my computer appears to have fixed my issue :)

• Options
    We'll just blame the ActiveX and DirectX then.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hm, DD2 doesn't seem as tower focused as DD1. Or maybe I'm playing the wrong character?

• Options
    Its very much the same as DD1, where in the early levels before you have the specialized gear etc to dedicate yourself to 1 path, you will be mixing it up with your hero attacks and abilities to supplement your towers.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hitmonchan107Hitmonchan107 Registered User regular
    Methinks we need an OP update as a lot of that information is outdated. Calling @ebotastic!

iamisom, Community Manager for Dungeon Defenders
    Twitter: @iamisom
    Currently Playing: Dungeon Defenders II (PC), Warframe (XO), Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii U)
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Looks like he hasn't posted since july though.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    I've gotten to level 15 as an Apprentice in DD2. And so far...I'm not as pleased with it as I was DD1. In DD1, it seemed like a tower defense game, with your character running around playing more of a secondary role. In DD2, it seems like it has been turned around, in that the towers (turrets) are a secondary role.

In DD1, in single-player, I could lay out my turrets and use my character to fix any emergent leaks. In DD2, you don't have access to as many turrets, and I can't rely on them holding a single lane, much less multiple lanes.

Maybe this has more to do with the lack of a single-player focus so far. In DD1, I feel like I could solo quite well, and have more control over the increased difficulty for the different levels. In DD2, I feel like if I want to solo, I'm stuck at the default Normal difficulty for the first couple levels, and that feels like a bit of a grind. The multiplayer experience is ok, though it seems like it is running into the same problem in that the turrets aren't capable of holding lanes, which causes things to fall apart quickly if there are more entrances than players.

I'll probably stop playing DD2 in a while, and revisit it when there are significant updates.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Someone get started on a new thread

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    <- Not it