As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BATMAN] Where Are You?!? Here. Arkham City Out Now

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I was about to say, wtf is up with my sound...

Zxerol on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh god, actually flying around and using the grapple midflight :D:D:D

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Green LantenGreen Lanten Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Zxerol wrote: »
    I was about to say, wtf is up with my sound...

IGN has just got the sound fixed for that video.

Green Lanten on
  • Options
    KuratosuKuratosu Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hmmm... Should've used Seal's "Kiss from a Rose" instead.

Still looks amazing (Though sadly lacking Arleen Sorkin...). Can't wait to be Batman again and terrorize the shit out of mooks.

Kuratosu on
    Click spoiler for Backloggery, and gamer info:
    sig.gif
    Gamer Tag: LeeWay0
    PSN: Leeway0
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The sound-alike they've got for Arleen Sorkin is pretty good.

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    That looks pretty great.

But that song totally doesn't work for me. The Seal tune would have been good, but I think this would have been better...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_WDG8iLT1o&feature=related

Drake on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Klyka wrote: »
    Oh god, actually flying around and using the grapple midflight :D:D:D

It reminds me a bit of Just Cause 2's grapple and parachute mechanics, actually.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Kuratosu wrote: »
    Hmmm... Should've used Seal's "Kiss from a Rose" instead.

Still looks amazing (Though sadly lacking Arleen Sorkin...). Can't wait to be Batman again and terrorize the shit out of mooks.

Wait, what? Why no Sorkin?

Come to think of it, is Paul Dini involved in this one?

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Either she didn't want to do it or she asked for a price they weren't willing to pay. Sooner or later Hamill won't be doing the Joker's voice either. Best get used to that.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Either she didn't want to do it or she asked for a price they weren't willing to pay. Sooner or later Hamill won't be doing the Joker's voice either. Best get used to that.

...or she's too ill to do the part, or Dini wasn't around to talk her into it. (She was previously a minor actress on a soap opera, and only became involved in the Batman series when Dini, a family friend, asked her to voice what he thought would be a throwaway character.)

Supposedly Hamill said this is the last time he's doing the Joker, but we'll see if he sticks with that.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    shiiiit this looks amazing

KalTorak on
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Between this, Saints Row 3 and Mass Effect 3, October and November are gonna slaughter my wallet.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Man Gotham looks amazing, I just wanna fly around and explore.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    cloudeagle wrote: »

...or she's too ill to do the part, or Dini wasn't around to talk her into it. (She was previously a minor actress on a soap opera, and only became involved in the Batman series when Dini, a family friend, asked her to voice what he thought would be a throwaway character.)

Supposedly Hamill said this is the last time he's doing the Joker, but we'll see if he sticks with that.

Didn't he say that about AA as well?

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ew they added a ground pound.

Batman should not be able to ground pound.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    DeMoN wrote: »

Yeah that was an eyebrow-raiser for me as well. Luckily the rest looks like solid gold.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I am so excited to ride around on helicopters.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Yeah I'm hoping there's some technological foolery to explain that other than "Batman strong!" I know he likes doing it through skylights, but slamming into the ground after diving off a skyscraper is not really something even Batman can do without turning into Batjelly (fortified with Kevlar bits for extra fiber).

KalTorak on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Between this, Saints Row 3 and Mass Effect 3, October and November are gonna slaughter my wallet.

Skyrim too, Brosef Stalin.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    RisenPhoenix on
  • Options
    Green LantenGreen Lanten Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    We've finally seen Black Mask in the game.

090209arkhamasylumblack.jpg

15032011164942.png

Green Lanten on
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Strike Saints Row, replace with Uncharted 3 and Skyrim. And yeah....

Ceno on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I took another stab at Sewer Bat last night. Ugh. The problem is it's just one of a million little things will fuck me over periodically. The most vile betrayer seems to be the camera, though. It loves to spin and shove itself into a wall or nook, or get too close and then I'll get biffed by a random mook attack I couldn't see coming from off screen. Or it will insist on spinning away from critical threats like a mook picking up a gun.

After that, it will be Batman insisting on hitting that guy with no weapon while the one next to him is just about to get a gun (or has one and is about to unload with it), while the rest of the mooks arepping at my heels. Or one is going for a gun but the mookswarm is piled up between me and him and I can't get to him in time. Or Batman decides to throw a strike at the knife guy instead of the unarmed guys next to him, or oppositely, waste my instant takedown on a normal guy instead of the knife guy next to him (which eventually leads to the knife guy's presence fucking me over somehow a few seconds later). Or Batman's strike goes at the jutting out part of the wall instead of that fucker about to throw the box. Or I mistakenly press the instant takedown buttons instead of the ground takedown buttons, or vice versa. Or the spastically spinning camera makes me miss a batclaw or something, if it isn't my batclaw leaving me open to a random charge attack from a just off camera guy.

And all this while I'm trying to maintain a big, varied combo, which is invariably broken by one of the above scenarios or something else I didn't bother to mention. Ugh. I got 46k one time, but all the above shit is just pissing me off.

forty on
  • Options
    Hank_ScorpioHank_Scorpio Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Peewi wrote: »
    New trailer

EDIT: I guess they forgot the sound. I hope they fix that soon.

Wowww this is going to be good. We should also be getting a first teaser of DKR around the time of Arkham City's release, so lots of batman to go around.

Hank_Scorpio on
  • Options
    WankWank Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    KalTorak wrote: »

Yeah I'm hoping there's some technological foolery to explain that other than "Batman strong!" I know he likes doing it through skylights, but slamming into the ground after diving off a skyscraper is not really something even Batman can do without turning into Batjelly (fortified with Kevlar bits for extra fiber).

Saw this too. Looked a little too cartoonish...I was reminded of Donkey Kong 64, and that can't be a good thing for a Batman game.

Other than that, trailer looks awesome. I think I saw one of the triple take-downs...one hand on each neck and a backward kick for the third dude.

Wank on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It's more that he's a normal human being and a "ground pound" is something only a hero that is extremely dense and extremely strong can do. A normal human being trying a ground pound is going to break at the very least his arm in several places and probably do permanent damage to his hands.
    It's completely out of character.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    It's more that he's a normal human being and a "ground pound" is something only a hero that is extremely dense and extremely strong can do. A normal human being trying a ground pound is going to break at the very least his arm in several places and probably do permanent damage to his hands.

There is an alternative, but Batman would look a bit silly doing a Mario-style ground-pound.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    What you can cannot do a 360 in spot in the air and slam the ground with increased speed with your butt for maximum damage?

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Batman could. He just needs time to prepare.

glithert on
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I cannot argue with that...

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

There is an alternative, but Batman would look a bit silly doing a Mario-style ground-pound.

Just so we all know applying a direct shock to the bottom of your spine is the best way to be a parapalegic for life. Shocks resonate. Spines are important.

Now that this is out of the way I am going to lol at that mental image.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    If Batman really needs a 'ground pound', why not give Batman the ability to shoot a flash bang grenade that explodes on contact of hitting the ground?

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Just so we all know applying a direct shock to the bottom of your spine is the best way to be a parapalegic for life. Shocks resonate. Spines are important.

Now that this is out of the way I am going to lol at that mental image.

You mean it would...BREAK HIM!!!!?

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I can't wait to see Batman do wall kicks, triple jumps, and perform silent takedowns on goombas.

forty on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    forty wrote: »
    I can't wait to see Batman do wall kicks, triple jumps, and perform silent takedowns on goombas.

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/batman-arkham-city-releases-2011-game-informer-cover-small.jpg

It's Fire-flower Batman!

KalTorak on
  • Options
    SlortexSlortex In my chairRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    yeah, ground pound seems a little out of place for Batman. Maybe he can only do it if he's less than a certain height, so as to prevent the broken bones? I especially didn't like the shockwave that seemed to emanate from where he lands. Bats shouldn't have area of effect attacks that don't involve explosives from his belt.

Slortex on
  • Options
    Torso BoyTorso Boy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Let's just get this ground pound shit out of our system before the game is on the horizon. Our collective suspension of disbelief has weathered worse.

Torso Boy on
  • Options
    DarkCrawlerDarkCrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Goddamn those all white Batman pictures are classy.

DarkCrawler on
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    maybe the "ground pound" is more like sending out the signal for shock collar overload? and the animation is weird and the trailer was cut weird and...?

Joolander on
  • Options
    LokiamisLokiamis Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Batman sprayed some explosive gel underground earlier and detonated it right before he landed

Lokiamis on
This discussion has been closed.