As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BATMAN] Where Are You?!? Here. Arkham City Out Now

• BritishDavidBritishDavid Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    it better be fan made, cause that was horrible.

BritishDavid on
    CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • Green LantenGreen Lanten Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    it better be fan made, cause that was horrible.

You're the first person who's actually said this.

Green Lanten on
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It looks like all the models are from the first game (I assume the Joker's voice clips are too?), and I think the setting is one of the Challenge Maps but it's been a while since I've played.
    Given that, I'd say it's probably something a fan with the PC version made.

Lars on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    This was originally posted on kewego france. But iv'e just posted it on YouTube so it can show up in the search results.

Anyway i'm curious to hear what you guys have to say about this.

[vidurl="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaYS4dVDfG0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaYS4dVDfG0[/vidurl]

That looks a lot like someone took models from Arkham Asylum into some animation program. A lot of the animations are taken straight out of the game, but some appear to be custom made. Also, the lighting is pretty crap.

Peewi on
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Looks like Crime Alley.

Also, the dialog sounds like stuff in the first game, and I don't think the henchman look the same in Arkham City.

Most of that looks like stuff in the first game. Joker jumping on that guy, Batman hitting him at the end, and when The Joker gets tossed it looks like some of the flips Harley does.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The dialogue at the beginning at least is straight out of the confrontation cinematic at the end of AA.

KalTorak on
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, pretty much everything in that was just moves from the first game.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It doesn't look bad, but it doesn't look official either.

Renzo on
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Fake as hell, and dumb to boot.

Ceno on
    edited January 2011
    DeMoN wrote: »

It also had moves from Arkham City. Like the double counter that Batman used.

Green Lanten on
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    DeMoN wrote: »

It also had moves from Arkham City. Like the double counter that Batman used.

Who knows, could have been a leftover move that was never implemented.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    ...I thought it was kinda cool.

Mr Pink on
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The team-up attacks kind of irked me. Especially when the Joker helps Batman vault into the air because no way would Batman ever trust the Joker enough to do that, and I honestly don't think Joker could resist pulling off the Lucy-with-football gag from Peanuts if he was in that situation.

Lars on
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Lars wrote: »
    The team-up attacks kind of irked me. Especially when the Joker helps Batman vault into the air because no way would Batman ever trust the Joker enough to do that, and I honestly don't think Joker could resist pulling off the Lucy-with-football gag from Peanuts if he was in that situation.

My thoughts EXACTLY

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hmm yeah, if they had done a few combo attacks at first and then Joker set up a vault or something and then dodged aside and Bats just crashes to the ground and Joker giggles and kills a guy....

Yeah that'd be pretty funny.

KalTorak on
  • MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    That was pretty cool up until the point where they inexplicably started fighting together. Then it got kind of nauseatingly fanservicey in the vein of that Haloid/Dead Fantasy guy. Except not animated as well. And with less homoerotic undertones.

Monger on
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I just started playing AA, and I love the game so far, but I think it's amusing to note that the Batman in this game is apparently uncharacteristically idiotic and left the Batcave without all his wonderful toys.

And yes, yes, this doesn't actually bother me, as I realize it's done for gameplay reasons to make the Metroidvania gating aspect work.

forty on
  • BritishDavidBritishDavid Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    forty wrote: »
    I just started playing AA, and I love the game so far, but I think it's amusing to note that the Batman in this game is apparently uncharacteristically idiotic and left the Batcave without all his wonderful toys.

And yes, yes, this doesn't actually bother me, as I realize it's done for gameplay reasons to make the Metroidvania gating aspect work.

It'll be interesting how City plays, given bat is going to have all his gadgets from the get-go, that's what most interests me about the game, although i sense a cheat on the horizon, where, you need *new equipment* to get the job done.

BritishDavid on
    CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm expecting a Metroid-style 'all the toys get stolen/destroyed after the intro level' thing.

klemming on
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    edited January 2011

It'll be interesting how City plays, given bat is going to have all his gadgets from the get-go, that's what most interests me about the game, although i sense a cheat on the horizon, where, you need *new equipment* to get the job done.
    Or you'll have to get a second upgrade for that grappling gun to pull down the really heavy walls. And you'll have to download Alfred's patch for the electric gate hacker thing!

forty on
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    klemming wrote: »
    I'm expecting a Metroid-style 'all the toys get stolen/destroyed after the intro level' thing.

Or you will just inexplicably not have them..... just like Arkham Asylum.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Well, it's not like batman was really expecting to need them, and he did have his tools close at hand.

Lalabox on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I think the point of Batman is that he is always expecting to need them.

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited January 2011
    He had the essentials. Batrope, rangs, punchin' hands.

KalTorak on
  • DramDram Old Salt Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I always rationalised that Bats didn't have all of his gadgets and such on him at the start of AA because he'd used it all in "apprehending" the Joker.

Dram on
    edited January 2011
    Ceno wrote: »

It appears that you're very wrong. Because my video has now been blocked on copyright grounds.

While MahaloVideoGames video which was posted after mine is stilll up.

Green Lanten on
  • l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

It appears that you're very wrong. Because my video has now been blocked on copyright grounds.

Maybe they didn't want people associating a bad fan video with the highly anticipated game that's being worked on.

l337CrappyJack on
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, I'm betting it's more "these guys are using our stuff without permission and we've got Rocksteady punching away at Arkham City" than "damn, our secret reveal of the Joker as the co-op character is out!"

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
    edited January 2011
    Exactly. The real Batman always has all the toys he'll need with him, because he's the goddamn Batman.

forty on
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Exactly. The real Batman always has all the toys he'll need with him, because he's the goddamn Batman.

Well, he had them at hand. He expected that he might need them and he was able to get them precisely when he needed them.

Lalabox on
    edited January 2011
    Lalabox wrote: »

Well, he had them at hand. He expected that he might need them and he was able to get them precisely when he needed them.
    If he had them all with him to begin with, he could have saved himself a ton of time and backtracking.

forty on
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    to be fair, it seemed to me that he invented the triple grapple gun during the course of the game

Joolander on
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    He has a Batcave ON ARKHAM ISLAND. I'd say he's prepared.

Renzo on
  • l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Joolander wrote: »
    to be fair, it seemed to me that he invented the triple grapple gun during the course of the game

That's just how Batman does it.

*Grabs a bunch of random parts, sticks them onto grappling gun, somehow magically creates better grappling gun*

He's so well prepared he doesn't even know all the stuff he's prepared for.

l337CrappyJack on
    edited January 2011
    Renzo wrote: »
    He has a Batcave ON ARKHAM ISLAND. I'd say he's prepared.
    Look at all the valuable time he wasted going back there, though! As a result of forgetting his grappling gun in the Batcave, he was forced to do a bunch of slow climbing above a dangerous, bottomless cavern just under the surface of the island.

forty on
  • subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Lalabox wrote: »

If he had them all with him to begin with, he could have saved himself a ton of time and backtracking.

Unless the backtracking itself was also all according to plan to lure the Riddler into a false sense of security until he could pinpoint his location...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g9WjcGdxuM

subedii on
    edited January 2011
    I want to know what was in his batcrates that he had to yank over into the bottomless chasm.

Also, I was not aware that Batman had OCD until this game.

forty on
  • MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

Maybe they didn't want people associating a bad fan video with the highly anticipated game that's being worked on.
    It also got posted on a whole lot of gaming news sites under an IS THIS REAL YOU DECIDE header. So yeah. WB is probably not fond.

Monger on
    edited January 2011
    Monger wrote: »
    WB is probably not fond.

That's evident by the fact that ALL the other video's like mine have now been blocked.

Green Lanten on
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Monger wrote: »
    WB is probably not fond.

That's evident by the fact that ALL the other video's like mine have now been blocked.

Stop getting so mad about it.

Besides it's not your video, you just snatched it from another site and uploaded it. Probably without permission too.

Unless it is your video and you're butt hurt that no one has fallen for it.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
This discussion has been closed.