As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Lost wallet

Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
edited February 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So there was apparently a hole in my pocket, and out went my wallet.

Called the police, but they don't take reports on lost items, only stolen ones. Even when they have my identification and monetary cards.

Anyway. Called my bank and credit card companies and had the cards cancelled and new ones issued. Called all the libraries I have cards at to have them block the accounts, just in case somebody finds my wallet and decides to check out a bunch of DVDs or something and not return them. And I'm going to the DMV tomorrow to get a replacement driver's license.

Is there anything else I should be doing, H/A?

sig.gif
Target Practice on

• Options
    AlpineAlpine Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Buy a roll of duct tape, and make yourself a new wallet.

Afterwards, use said tape to patch your pocket.

Alpine on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    It seems like you've covered it all.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'd actually swing by your banks, library and the police station again in a few days to see if anyone's brought in your wallet, just in case. Even anywhere (like pubs) nearby if you have an idea of where you lost it. I once lost my wallet and someone had returned it to my bank, another time I picked it up at the police station. More often than not people will do the right thing, so chances are it's sitting in the top drawer of a manager's desk somewhere.

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    If you were in the area when you suspect you lost it you might also check out local shops. I lost my wallet near my house and over six months later someone in the gas station down the street recognized me and I got my wallet back. Granted it was six months afterwards and I had done all the things you had done, but it was sort of a bonus. I had an extra driver's license to leave in the car.

Shogun on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Well, I just checked the answering machine, and it turns out somebody found it and turned it into one of my bank's locations.

...I really wish I had checked that before cancelling my credit cards and such.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    saltinesssaltiness Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    It's still best you cancelled everything. Just because it was found doesn't mean all your cards are still in it or that your numbers haven't been written down.

saltiness on
    XBL: heavenkils
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    saltiness wrote:
    It's still best you cancelled everything. Just because it was found doesn't mean all your cards are still in it or that your numbers haven't been written down.
    Good point.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    colawarscolawars Pittsburgh, PARegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Well, thank goodness you had someone do the right thing. If possible, try to find out who it is. I've found wallets/purses/etc. and when they've found out it was me that returned it they usually send a reward. Maybe not exactly a reward, but recognition of their thanks. One woman whose purse I found around the holidays sent me an awesome evergreen floral arrangement.

Anyways, try to recognize the person that did a good deed. It can make a monumental difference in that person's awareness/morals...

colawars on
    3DS: 1049-1266-2726