I got this for Christmas (PS3 version) and I put it in and have enjoyed playing it some...but wow. Do they really throw you to the wolves of decision
I have some random questions to ask some of you that have played through this game. I installed the game and was playing for a while and then I finally realized that hey, I need to install all the downloaded content too. I thought it would have installed everything from the start, but no, it did not.
1) The new quests that are in orange on the world map? Should I be doing the quests that showed up after I installed them first before doing the actual game? Levi Dryden for example. I already went up to Soldiers Peak and sealed the veil. I was thinking of doing the others...but does it really matter?
2) There were a bunch of other things downloaded and installed too. I assume I should beat Origins and then Awakening before I go after the others?
3) Gifts. There are a ton of gifts and I thought I read that you can only give a person one gift and that is it. Without trying it and then reloading your save (I really HATE having to do that in games and I steer away from reloading saves to see different results), are there any other good ways to know what to give to each person?
4) Any general tips for a new player that some of you might pass on? I just left Lothering and hit the world map and in the camp found Levi...hence why I suddenly installed all of the downloadable content. I am now a lvl 7 Elf Mage (no specialization yet...although I could have done the blood magic in Soldiers Peak and I assume I could get in good with Morrigan to learn Shapeshifter). I have kept my armor very light and spent the majority of my points in to magic and willpower. I believe my magic is a natural 30 at this point if that matters any.
5) I feel kind of bad as I have had other questions and I should have been keeping a list. Instead, I just trudged on through the game to see what would happen. I am glad I finally figured out that I can have more than 4 people around though. I was worried I would have to boot someone to add in Sten.
6) Is that warmutt any good? He seems pretty nifty and he found me a cool stick (staff weapon found in Lothering), but I just have this feeling that he will come up very short at some point compared to what a warrior in full armor can do.
7) Move this wherever if needed. I am just a little overwhelmed and confused with where to go and what to do next and I keep worrying that I am messing it up by doing something out of order.
8) Anyone ever think that there is too much fricking dialogue in the game?
9) The game obviously encourages you to do multiple playthroughs...do your stats for the Codex found and other stuff continue on? I would really hate to play through it as a mage and then want to do it as a rogue and start over completely from scratch...
10) What about online play?
11) Wait...do you really only get access to SIX spell slots throughout the whole game? Wow..that really hurts and limits your mage. Can you cast other spells through the radial menu while in combat? I could not use potions...do they only get used on you when you have them assigned to a button?
12) Combat Training skill...not the one that makes you better. The one that gives you extra tactics slots. Those appear to be a huge waste...am I being silly? I put one in there at the beginning and keep thinking that I messed up with that choice. I've never touched or used any of the tactics settings for any of my characters at all.