Options

Nintendo Wii Classic Controller Pro problem

Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
Hi,

I've been searching for threads that contained the same issue, but couldn't find any so I opened a new one.
I ordered a Classic Controller Pro for my Nintendo Wii a week ago that finally arrived today. However, when I started playing Zelda: Majoras Mask, I notied that the right Analog Stick was inverted. At first I thought this could be intentional, but some after some research I found out that that wasn't the case with other controlers. So my question is: Is there a way to de-invert the analog stick or is my controller defect?

steam_sig.png
Steam ID: 76561198021298113
Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

Blackbird SR-71C on

• Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    That would be a weird way for the controller to be borked; have you tried a GC or classic Classic yet? My guess is that the right analog stick is inverted through the game, not the controller.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I tried a Gamecube Controller before and that one worked fine. I'm sure the stick isn't inverted through the game, as you are required to press certain directions to play the ocarina which is incredibly difficult if you need to play every song with a reverse stick.

Blackbird SR-71C on
    steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2011
    Is it inverted in Wii games that use it too?

It would theoretically be possible that the machine was fed the part upside-down and was soldered in upside down, which would invert the contracts and therefore the output..

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    lalipunalalipuna Registered User new member
    edited January 2011
    Hi there,

I got the same kind of problem with my newly purchased classic controller pro joypads. I bought two of them trough ebay and received them yesterday. Today I started playing goldeneye 007 with one of the controllers, to find out the right analog stick is inverted. When I tried the second controller, the same problem occured.

The first thing I noticed was the invertion of left/right, but when I checked the controller options in the games menu, I noticed that invertion for up/down was on. So with that invertion on, pushing upwards would have to make the game look downwards, instead it was making it look upwards.

If the up/down invertion was the only problem, there would be no problem with playing goldeneye. But with the left/right invertion, there is no option to be found to get it back to normal.

Looking around on the internet, I only found this thread and the one overhere: http://www.wiihacks.com/wiihacks-newbie-discussions-forum/71439-problem-classic-controller-pro.html

If it where only one of the controllers with these errors, I would think it was coincidental, but with them both acting like this, there has to be something wrong with other people their classic controllers pro's, one would think...

Maybe it's also worth mentioning that I do not have any hack of some kind installed on my wii. (I also read about other kind of problem involving controllers and hacks)

I was thinking about returning the controllers, but, offcourse, am hoping for some kind of solution...

lalipuna on
  • Options
    HandheldgamerHandheldgamer Registered User new member
    I got one a few weeks ago and it's buggy, it moves on its own, I don't even touch the left stick and my character will move, or my character will move in the wrong direction while I play