As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-Phalla]: Cybertron Edition - [Draw Game : Stupid host was stupid]

• Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    sadness,

M.D. on
  • Options
    KellieKellie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

:( . I told you I wasn't mafia.

Good luck, guys.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Kellie on
    21et353.gif

“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.” - Mark Twain
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    We are so screwed D:

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    NodgarbNodgarb Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    since Duna wanted the vote yesterday, I'll grant him his wish: Dunadan

Nodgarb on
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ringo wrote: »
    So the Decepticons either have more cards or reduced costs. SkyBlazer used triple warhead which costs 4 readiness.

Straight Racer used Overload Harpoon and Fusion Axe, that's sixreadiness. No wonder we got chewed up.

Yea seems like we planned out our first day assuming they were capable of doing much less damage to us based on the attack cards we have

SeGaTai on
    PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dammit, if Decepticons really were pushing my bandwagon, Matev would've been my first choice as he voted for me twice in a row.

Sir Fab for now

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    So the Decepticons either have more cards or reduced costs. SkyBlazer used triple warhead which costs 4 readiness.

Straight Racer used Overload Harpoon and Fusion Axe, that's sixreadiness. No wonder we got chewed up.

Yea seems like we planned out our first day assuming they were capable of doing much less damage to us based on the attack cards we have

Well, I can't say I'm overly surprised, given the amount of cards we have vs cards they have they would have to have some edge and really, they did only do 7 damage total, it just happened to be applied to people with 2 hp. Unless they also draw more cards than we do any initial card advantage should even out

Phyphor on
  • Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Phyphor wrote: »

Well, I can't say I'm overly surprised, given the amount of cards we have vs cards they have they would have to have some edge and really, they did only do 7 damage total, it just happened to be applied to people with 2 hp. Unless they also draw more cards than we do any initial card advantage should even out

I was kind of hoping their edge would just be all those hit boxes and the ability to come back. We didn't even scratch them last night. We better hope we have some specials who can seer or other meta stuff, because we are in trouble otherwise.

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited January 2011
    3clpise,

M.D. on
  • Options
    CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Alright, tried of trying to search for the answer. I got the memo about my newly drawn cards. It I played any attack cards, I know they are gone. What about any defense card(s) not tapped? I know tapped defense cards just become untapped. But do ready defense cards always get used? If I wasn't attacked, do I still have the cards or do I lose the defense cards no matter what?

Since the decepticons are sneaky, I just wasn't sure if all their attacks are listed in the narrative.

CaptainPlanet82 on
    Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Kias wrote: »

I was kind of hoping their edge would just be all those hit boxes and the ability to come back. We didn't even scratch them last night. We better hope we have some specials who can seer or other meta stuff, because we are in trouble otherwise.

Well, there were quite a few of us who didn't attack for whatever reason too. Unless the Decepticons get lucky and draw a lot of Untouchable cards, it shouldn't be too difficult to burn through their defenses given the amount of attacks we can throw out compared to the amount of defense cards they draw, at least that's what I hope

Phyphor on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Well, there were quite a few of us who didn't attack for whatever reason too. Unless the Decepticons get lucky and draw a lot of Untouchable cards, it shouldn't be too difficult to burn through their defenses given the amount of attacks we can throw out compared to the amount of defense cards they draw, at least that's what I hope
    You're hoping we focus on combat with them? You should be saying

THEY ATE RYSK. NOW THEY'RE GOING TO EAT ME!
    OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Because there's no way to eliminate both their current HP and their RESURRECTED form before we're all eliminated.

So we gotta rely on a very precise vote, like voting for !immortal squish who tried to tie the vote.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    No way? It's not like we have to beat them all down, if we hit some with the vote the rest can be destroyed normally

Phyphor on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    B:L wrote: »

You're hoping we focus on combat with them? You should be saying

THEY ATE RYSK. NOW THEY'RE GOING TO EAT ME!
    OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Because there's no way to eliminate both their current HP and their RESURRECTED form before we're all eliminated.

So we gotta rely on a very precise vote, like voting for !immortal squish who tried to tie the vote.

Yeah, both Ringo and immortal squish are on notice for trying to tie the vote, but ringo get's a pass this turn since he was probably trying to save his own skin

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I am curious as to what else you think I could've been doing? Spitefully trying to screw the village by killing two of us?

Ringo on
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    immortal squishimmortal squish Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Spoit wrote: »
    Yeah, both Ringo and immortal squish are on notice for trying to tie the vote, but ringo get's a pass this turn since he was probably trying to save his own skin

Why is it so suspicious to try and see what happens with a vote tie? The OP was practically daring us to do it ;)

Besides, who's more suspicious? The guy who ties the vote, or the guy who breaks that tie at the last minute leading to a village death?

!void slayer

immortal squish on
    <3
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I am curious as to what else you think I could've been doing? Spitefully trying to screw the village by killing two of us?

And that's why you get a pass. This day.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Spoit wrote: »

Why is it so suspicious to try and see what happens with a vote tie? The OP was practically daring us to do it ;)

Besides, who's more suspicious? The guy who ties the vote, or the guy who breaks that tie at the last minute leading to a village death?
    The guy who ties the vote.

• Options
    edited January 2011
    To be fair, Ender did dare me to find out

And then he yelled at me :(

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited January 2011

I'm not thinking a seer is so necessary anymore. Every single attack is getting narrated. That means it will be pretty reliable to do an "Action Call" to see who doesn't attack who they say they will in the manner they claim they will.

For instance, I will be using Haywire Revolver on Line Runner tonight.

If you don't see an Autobot trying to shoot Line Runner in the face during narration, then i'm probably a lying-liar Decepticon.

immortal squish on
    <3
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I wonder if that skirts the whole role call line, and whether it's a good idea to reveal all our identities to the Decepticons, but we're pretty screwed anyways so...

• Options
    edited January 2011
    hrmmm... not certain if that's the best idea. At least not identifying your target. We don't want the Decepticons knowing who has the most incoming damage and then just blowing an Untouchable or whatever

Though if Ender thought this was an unfair advantage he could simply narrate "Things Happened! YOU DIED!" and we'd be right where we started, and we haven't really lost anything

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I'm not thinking a seer is so necessary anymore. Every single attack is getting narrated. That means it will be pretty reliable to do an "Action Call" to see who doesn't attack who they say they will in the manner they claim they will.

For instance, I will be using Haywire Revolver on Line Runner tonight.

If you don't see an Autobot trying to shoot Line Runner in the face during narration, then i'm probably a lying-liar Decepticon.

Please do not do this. You must keep your robot identity SECRET.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    The Ender wrote: »
    At least until the Decepticons root out our identities from our dead bodies with their METALLIC TRANSFORMING DILDOS

• Options
    edited January 2011

Awwww. Back to hoping for a seer :P

immortal squish on
    <3
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I would cite the "don't run joke games" rule but I'm not sure where this game qualifies as a phalla so CARRY ON.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    It's an Ender game. Even if he meant for this to be vanilla as possible, he could decide to throw that out, rebalance the game on the fly and declare we were all mafia and I wouldn't bat an eye

In fact, I look forward to it

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    The Ender wrote: »
    I'M B:LUESTREAK

• Options
    edited January 2011
    chaos,

M.D. on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Mr. D has a weird posting style which screams Decepticon to me.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Infidel wrote: »
    I would cite the "don't run joke games" rule but I'm not sure where this game qualifies as a phalla so CARRY ON.

It seems like it's a vanilla phalla with an extra combat mechanic that allows the village to kill the mafia and the mafia to kill the village without knowing exactly who they're attacking.

Anyway, better question. Why are all of Mr. D's posts a single word followed by a comma?

Phyphor on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Infidel wrote: »

The vote is still a kill, which makes it more of a Phalla than my Mech mini was.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    ExtermatottExtermatott Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    OoOoOoO

A late ghost post but, at least the 5th can continue when the 4th could not.

OoOoOoO

Extermatott on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    :^: to your creativity sir

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Immortal Squish is definitly a bad guy.

in one way or another.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm happy with an !Immortal squish vote too.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    !Dunadan019

Where's Megan Fox when you need her?

jackisreal on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    She has been replaced! With Aerialbot Elita Shift Energon Autobot Ultra Alert V!

Wildcat on
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I knew that Aerialbot Elita Shift Energon Autobot Ultra Alert V was better than Aerialbot Elita Shift Energon Autobot Ultra Alert IV in EVERY WAY!

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    immortal squish because breaking ties blah blah blah.

The Anonymous on