As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Comic Thread, Friday 1/7/11

13»

• Options
    ThedrunThedrun Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Delzhand wrote: »
    SabreMau wrote: »
    GSM wrote: »
    Predicting Pepsico contacts PA and asks them to be official sponsors and/or place ads on the site.
    Heaven knows how many people here are going to end up buying this product at least once because of these comics.

Maybe, they've pretty much guaranteed I'll never buy this product. I mean, I know it isn't literally the fruit of a horrible pustule, but I don't know if I can drink it without thinking it.

Pretty much this. That third panel image is something I won't soon forget, and just seeing the Tropolis bottle brings up that image as well as a slight gag reflex. I'd more expect a cease and desist from Pepsico than a request for ad sponsorship, but that wouldn't really help Pepsico since there probably is a market interest at stake; unlike with the Strawberry Shortcake incident where it wasn't like PA readers / gamers were going to boycott American Greetings because they sent a cease and desist to PA - the PA demo didn't care one way or another to begin with. With this though, seems a lose-lose for Pepsico. PA has undoubtedly turned some of their readers away from even trying Tropolis (they did me anyway), but Pepsico sending a cease and desist would probably only turn more away since it'd be "The Man" coming down on what was supposed to be humor but turned out to be pretty gross.

Thedrun on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It hasn't put me off it in the least. In fact I want to drink it more now after seeing that comic than I did before it.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
This discussion has been closed.