As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All Flesh Must Be Eaten?

materiamateria Registered User new member
edited January 2011 in Critical Failures
Has anyone played this? I just got the core book the other day. I've been reading it over, and it seems like it's got some nifty ideas for a zombie-themed tabletop game, but I'm having some problems understanding some of the specifics.

The problem stems from the fact that it seems to be built around the "Unisystem," which I am not at all familiar with and the core book doesn't do a very good job explaining exactly how things work within said system.

Back to the the point, I can't figure out how to determine if a hit connects in zombie-on-human combat. Formulas are provided for zombie attack damage, and humans are provided with formulas for determining a hit with melee and ranged, but I swear I've flipped through the book a dozen times and I cannot find the formula for a zombie's chance to hit.

If anyone has played this before and can help me out, it would be appreciated.

materia on

• Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I've ran one game before The Good, The Bad, The Undead and the way I did it (Which my not be the right way) I had the player do their to hit vs. the zombie's dodge. Since most of my players had guns, it wasn't much of a problem but I never told them about counterattacks with melee which I didn't bother with really. This seem to ran pretty smoothly once everyone figured out how to roll.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Okay, but what about the other way around? Let's say a zombie wants to bite a player. What would the zombie roll to hit? D10 + zombie dex + applicable skill vs the player's dodge, D10 + dex + dodge skill?

I guess what I'm asking now, is what is the formula for a basic melee to hit for a zombie? Is it what I outlined above? The books is so vague on this...

I do like the idea of rolling that against the player's dodge, though.

materia on
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    That's how I did it. Look at This post.

These were the stats I used for my zombies:
    Black Water Zombies

Str: 4 Dex: 1 Con: 2
    Int: -2 Per: 1 Wil: 2

DP: 26 Speed: 2
    Strength: Strong Like Bull
    Attack: Bite D4 x2 (slashing); Grab D6
    Weak Spot: Brain
    Skill: Brawling 2, Dodge 2
    Getting Around: Slow and Steady; Lunge (+2 Initiative)
    Senses: Like the Dead
    Sustenance: All Flesh Must Be Eaten
    Intelligence: Dumb as Dead Wood
    Spreading the Love: Special (Black Water)
    Power: 12

Bitten Zombies

Str: 2 Dex: 2 Con: 3
    Int: 1 Per: 2 Wil: 2
    DP: 40 Speed: 4
    Strength: Dead Joe Average
    Attack: Bite D4 x2; Body Slam D6 x2
    Skill: Climbing 2, Dodging 3
    Weak Spot: Heart
    Getting Around: Life-Like; Climbing; The Lunge (+2 Initiative)
    Senses: Like the Living
    Sustenance: Occasionally: All Flesh Must Be Eaten
    Intelligence: Tool Use 1
    Spreading the Love: Once Bitten
    Power: 21

This zombie (Black Water zombie if I'm not mistaken), tried to grab Jack and he just dodged. I did grab and bite on separate turns so the player could get out easier. (Since one bite infected a person.)

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Oh, okay.

You've been a lot of help.

Thank you!

materia on