As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Love and [Chat]

• Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm not sure whether using "Have my babies!" as a pick-up line is terms for deletion

I'm really not

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    Hm.... I've got the Juggernaut armor set

but I'm uh, 16 strength short or so

I managed to squeeze leliana into this kick-ass light armor (too bad it looks incredibly boring like all of the leather armors) by giving her everything that bumped up strength and then putting on the armor, and the awesome bow that's made with the ironbark by giving her everything that bumped up dexterity

but 16 strength I do not have the items for.

time to level some.
    juggernaut's kind of a boring set

looks like a plain olde suit of armor

now the legion set? oh gimme gimme

The Legion of the Dead and Warden Commander sets are rad. Cailan's armour ain't bad, either.

Yeah last time around, after I got legion of the dead, I wore nothing else. It's rad as fuck, and is awesome.

but right now, Juggernaut is what I got.

I remember getting dragon scales and thinking "man this armour's gonna be tits" and then

no

regular armour, just red and boring and its slight stat-increase doesn't make up for lack of a helm

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Feral wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    hmmm, coworkers bitching about "obamacare" right now.

Get into the conversation and make claims that are steadily increasing in lunacy and see how long they go for it.

My boss hates Obamacare.

Why? Because she's a Canadian immigrant and she's had bad experiences with the hospitals in Ontario.

FLAWLESS LOGIC

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    if real men do everything by command prompt then call me a woman

Arch on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Maybe I should rent DA or something, people keep saying good stuff about it. But I also hear that its no ME, and ME didn't do a whole ton for me.

Of course, there is always giving ME ANOTHER shake.

What's the most fun class in ME?

wait what

people are saying that it's no ME, but you didn't like ME, so what's bad about DA not being no ME

DA is pretty old-school in its RPG ways

it's pretty close to baldur's gate and neverwinter nights

it's got a good story and companions

and the setting, while standard fantasy mcblandland at the base level, is actually pretty good

they do some very interesting things with it

my favourite is Orzammar

so you should rent it

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    palin dying of auto erotic asphyxiation would be perfect

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Arch wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    jesus connecting to an ftp through cmd feels so archaic

there has to be a better way

Download SmartFTP?

I connect to FTP via command-line all the time. But I'm one of those old fogeys who likes to do things on a keyboard.

i mean yeah it feels like i am some sort of awesome hacker or something but it is also stupidly confusing and a really (in my opinion) inefficient method of transferring data, specifically time sensitive ones

cd blah blah

cd blah blah

bin

cd blah blah

cd blah blah

mget

maybe their file saving is stupid

Maybe.

It'll probably help if you turn off prompting. Just type 'prompt'

Yeah, the ftp utility in Windows is pretty limiting, largely because it doesn't retrieve subdirectories when you mget.

Try Smart FTP.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I wish DA was more old school

also in the Forgotten Realms

basically I want Baldur's Gate 3

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Nope. Bear attack. Ideally from a mother grizzly while hunting.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Hm.... I've got the Juggernaut armor set

but I'm uh, 16 strength short or so

I managed to squeeze leliana into this kick-ass light armor (too bad it looks incredibly boring like all of the leather armors) by giving her everything that bumped up strength and then putting on the armor, and the awesome bow that's made with the ironbark by giving her everything that bumped up dexterity

but 16 strength I do not have the items for.

time to level some.
    juggernaut's kind of a boring set

looks like a plain olde suit of armor

now the legion set? oh gimme gimme

The Legion of the Dead and Warden Commander sets are rad. Cailan's armour ain't bad, either.

Yeah last time around, after I got legion of the dead, I wore nothing else. It's rad as fuck, and is awesome.

but right now, Juggernaut is what I got.

I remember getting dragon scales and thinking "man this armour's gonna be tits" and then

no

regular armour, just red and boring and its slight stat-increase doesn't make up for lack of a helm

Fuck having next to no armor and weapons models. Fuck it right up the ass. Bioware are getting really lazy. I mean, see ME. Jesus.

I mean they did make NWN didn't they?

Mix and match parts as well as just texture swapping

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Her show got canceled, so nobody would be around to film it.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    It's not just Bioware

everyone is whining about art budgets this generation

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Winky wrote: »
    What the fuck is Blood Libel, and why is it further insuring Sarah Palin's demise?
    It's the claim that Jews murder children to use the blood in practicing their religion.

And she's using it to say that after six people were killed in Tucson, she's the real victim here.
    Yep, she's saying that the left is using their death to slander her. It's kind of incredible really. It's a nigh-unseen level of narcissism.

It's also true.

The left is accusing her for the deaths. It is something that is happening.
    Well, people on the left are saying that violent rhetoric promotes an atmosphere of violence and hatred, which in turn incites violent acts. She isn't directly responsible for what happened by any means, but she had a hand in what may well have helped cause it.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    My boss is a doctor and loves obamacare. But he's Indian and has seen the downsides of "what the fuck I can't afford $40,000 a year in healthcare payments."

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Goddamn I hated Ozrammar so much. Fucking Dwarves, fucking everything oh god that game was a trial to get through. Ozrammar was only slightly less tedious than the Circle of Magi and the fucking Fade.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    you would probably hate dragon age

Why?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Glenn Beck.

Speaking of, I got a fundamentalist Christian email this morning that described the various ways Glenn Beck is an atheist liberal who wants to shit on the Constitution and eat your children. Not right wing enough, indeed. :rotate:

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

it... it did?

huh

I'm pleasantly surprised

I fully expected palin to be able to hold an audience at least on par with snooki

Elendil on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    What the fuck is Blood Libel, and why is it further insuring Sarah Palin's demise?
    It's the claim that Jews murder children to use the blood in practicing their religion.

And she's using it to say that after six people were killed in Tucson, she's the real victim here.
    Yep, she's saying that the left is using their death to slander her. It's kind of incredible really. It's a nigh-unseen level of narcissism.

It's also true.

Well, people on the left are saying that violent rhetoric promotes an atmosphere of violence and hatred, which in turn incites violent acts. She isn't directly responsible for what happened by any means, but she had a hand in what may well have helped cause it.
    Coupled with the fact that Giffords herself spoke out about the crosshair map and what that kind of rhetoric brings.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011

It's also true.

that's not a huge difference and you know it

also, not a big difference in correctness either

I mean I'm all for scoring cheap political points but

oh wait I'm not

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Arivia wrote: »

Glenn Beck.

Speaking of, I got a fundamentalist Christian email this morning that described the various ways Glenn Beck is an atheist liberal who wants to shit on the Constitution and eat your children. Not right wing enough, indeed. :rotate:
    Glenn Beck filming Sarah Palin being eaten by a bear?

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2011
    the ratings were fine.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I don't need to see it. Simply knowing it happened would be amusing enough.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Goddamn I hated Ozrammar so much. Fucking Dwarves, fucking everything oh god that game was a trial to get through. Ozrammar was only slightly less tedious than the Circle of Magi and the fucking Fade.

I thought Orzammar was pretty cool, actually. But the Fade? Seriously. Fuck the Fade. The idea of playing through that twaddle again is the only thing that keeps me from going back and doing another DA playthrough.

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Ryadic wrote: »
    Nice job with the OP, Thom. I love Married with Children.

It's tough to hate Married with Children.

Maybe I saw the wrong episodes, but it always seemed like it couldn't see taste from its backyard.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    You know what would be awesome? Like really awesome? Like It'd make my day and I'd go and buy a round for everyone at the closest bar awesome?

If palin just up and went "Uh I'm uh, not going to do politics anymore. At all. Turns out, I suck at it."

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Arivia wrote: »

Glenn Beck.

Glenn Beck filming Sarah Palin being eaten by a bear?

Judging Glen Beck's firearms knowledge from the picture on his website, then the bear is in no danger from him.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Why?
    it is unapologetically an RPG

it makes ME1 look like Halo

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Maybe I saw the wrong episodes, but it always seemed like it couldn't see taste from its backyard.
    Being tasteful wasn't exactly what it was going for.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011

I think you seemed to miss the point of the show entirely. It was a rejection of The Cosby Show and other "wholesome" family sitcoms.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

It's also true.

oh wait I'm not
    No, I see it as a significant difference both in meaning and accuracy. You are responsible for your words, and when people act on them some culpability does go to you. Quite frankly, whether or not Loughner was encouraged by the right-wing hate machine, it'd be awfully nice if they toned it down, because it's destructive and petty.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Yes, Glenn Beck.

Received your thing, Carrot.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    You know what would be awesome? Like really awesome? Like It'd make my day and I'd go and buy a round for everyone at the closest bar awesome?

If palin just up and went "Uh I'm uh, not going to do politics anymore. At all. Turns out, I suck at it."

Sadly, this will not happen. Because she loves money.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Why?
    it is unapologetically an RPG

it makes ME1 look like Halo

That's not necessarily a bad thing to me at all. You are working under the false assumption that I do not like RPGs. I didn't dislike ME1 because it had RPG elements.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    If you are going to try to scam people into giving you money for your gravely ill mother

Make sure to fill out all instances of "(Insert 1st name)" in your copypasta message before you hit send

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Sadly, this will not happen. Because she loves money.
    Not even money, she loves attention. To get rid of her we'd have to treat her like the animated, marauding marquee signs in that Simpson's Halloween Special.

Just don't look, just don't look.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Zevran is the worst assassin ever

seriously

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Res wrote: »
    If you are going to try to scam people into giving you money for your gravely ill mother

Make sure to fill out all instances of "(Insert 1st name)" in your copypasta message before you hit send

maybe

that is her name, huh?! maybe we couldn't afford to fill out the whole birth certificate when she was born, did you think of that? no, you didn't, did you, privileged snot

oppressor

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011

It's also true.

oh wait I'm not
    No, I see it as a significant difference both in meaning and accuracy. You are responsible for your words, and when people act on them some culpability does go to you. Quite frankly, whether or not Loughner was encouraged by the right-wing hate machine, it'd be awfully nice if they toned it down, because it's destructive and petty.

This is the key part. There is very little to say that anyone has done so.

But yes, they should cut that shit out.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Zevran is the worst assassin ever

seriously

just because he'll fuck his former target at the drop of a hat?

nexuscrawler on
This discussion has been closed.