As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Obvious Wii games I need to play

Shoegaze99Shoegaze99 Registered User regular
edited February 2007 in Games and Technology
My wife and kid and I have been Wii Sporting ourselves to death since getting a Wii a little while back. We all love the living hell out of it. This is the only video game system (other than the DS) that the entire family has enjoyed.

While bowling with the old lady over the weekend it occured to me. Skee ball. Skee ball!!

Anyone who has ever been to a boardwalk or fair should know skee ball. Bowling alley kinda thing sloped up, buncha circles with holes, roll the ball, get it into the holes for points. And damn if it wouldn't be perfect on the Wii. Just the sort of "grandmas is here, throw a controller in her hands" nonsense that helped build all the mainstream buzz. And it'd be fun to play with the family.

In fact, "county fair" and boardwalk style games in general would work across the board. That throwing the ball and knocking down the stack of bottles. Frog Bog, when you slam the catapult thing and toss the frog onto lilypads. Popping balloons with darts. All that crap. It's be minigamish and whatever, but fun. Yeah?

Also: Darts.

DARTS!

No, wait, don't scoff. Think about it. Make a sort of dart-throwing motion with the controller, release the B button when you let go of the dart, thunk, darts. Perfect drinking fun. It's a natural fit.

Stupid gambling games. You could, like, toss the dice when you play craps and stuff.

Okay, yeah. That last one is weak.

But skee ball and darts!

:|

Shoegaze99 on

• Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    WarioWare has a multiplayer darts minigame. It's awesome.

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    GinsaneGinsane Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Wii Play on the 12th!?

Ginsane on
    Live!: Burnout Cowboy - DS: Too many.
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Monkey Ball has a Darts game too and man, does it suck.

Zek on
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Wii Play will have a bunch of little doodads that your family might enjoy together.

Rayman has a lot of cool things to do together.

Wario Ware is an obvious choice.

slash000 on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    slash000 wrote:
    That's our next purchase. Both my son and I think those Rabbids are freakin' hilarious. We can't wait to play it.
    HOT!

I don't know why, but I feel like darts would be really fun on the Wii. I'm bringing the system over to a friend's this weekend for some drunken antics. It'll be his first Wii time. I hope to convert him.

Skee ball!!

Shoegaze99 on
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Shoegaze99 wrote:
    slash000 wrote:
    That's our next purchase. Both my son and I think those Rabbids are freakin' hilarious. We can't wait to play it.
    HOT!

I don't know why, but I feel like darts would be really fun on the Wii. I'm bringing the system over to a friend's this weekend for some drunken antics. It'll be his first Wii time. I hope to convert him.

Skee ball!!
    You need to buy WarioWare if you want dart and fun drunk Wii-ing.

bruin on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    Dewy's Adventure.

The artwork itself looks to be worth it. It should come out, like, fuggin tomorrow.

Sheep on
  • Options
    ShensShens Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Shoegaze99 wrote:
    slash000 wrote:
    HOT!

Skee ball!!

Say goodbye to your TV.

Don't forget the wrist straps(new ones)!

Shens on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Sleep wrote:
    Dewy's Adventure.

The artwork itself looks to be worth it. It should come out, like, fuggin tomorrow.

What? What's the release date?

This game looks awesome.

slash000 on
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    slash000 wrote:
    Sleep wrote:
    Dewy's Adventure.

This game looks awesome.
    All Konami has said is "2007". I imagine in the second half of the year since it was just announced.

bruin on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    bruin wrote:
    slash000 wrote:
    Sleep wrote:
    Dewy's Adventure.

This game looks awesome.
    All Konami has said is "2007". I imagine in the second half of the year since it was just announced.

That's what I figured.

slash000 on
  • Options
    Animal SpiritsAnimal Spirits Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Shoegaze99 wrote:
    slash000 wrote:
    I don't know how old your son is, but just so you know:
    My son is 3, and he is really good at bowling (like 125 good, anyway), but he can't really play any of the games on Rayman well. So as long as he is willing to watch you play, you should be OK.

Animal Spirits on
    wiisnake2jj0.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    He'll be 10 next month and kicks my ass in bowling, so no worries. :)

Shoegaze99 on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Shoegaze99 wrote:
    He'll be 10 next month and kicks my ass in bowling, so no worries. :)
    That's probably a perfect age for Rayman.

Animal Spirits on
    wiisnake2jj0.jpg
  • Options
    GinsaneGinsane Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    After my disappointment in Rayman... I'm very tempted to pick up Wario now...

Ginsane on
    Live!: Burnout Cowboy - DS: Too many.
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Assuming your son is amused by psychotic rabbits screaming and getting hurt a lot (read: assuming he has a soul), then yes, he should enjoy Raving Rabbids quite a bit.

And Warioware's multiplayer is hells of fun; don't let the internet echo chamber fool you. The darts game is icing on the cake.

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Ginsane wrote:
    After my disappointment in Rayman... I'm very tempted to pick up Wario now...
    It's like 100 times better. Do it.

Animal Spirits on
    wiisnake2jj0.jpg