• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    "you should try him" :lol:

Joolander on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    What's the consensus of pictures with sunglasses?

To go along with my new contacts I picked up a pair and I gotta say I look pretty good in them.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    1) are you inside? (exception: one of those malls with nothing but skylights for a roof, or something similar)

2) is it night?

if you answered "YES" to one or more of these questions, then no, you should not be wearing sunglasses

Joolander on
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    If anyone needs me, I'll be stalking Sarcastro to discover his wingman's identity.

Bobble on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Joolander wrote: »

Hahah seriously what the hell.

I was reading that story waiting for the point where they all turn into vampires.

riz on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sarcastro wrote: »
    Sounds awesome sanstodo, I'm glad to hear things are going so well.

Had one of my new friends do a photoshoot for me, so I should have actual pictures of me in the near future. It was surprisingly fun, and she is also awesome. I don't know if she herself is interested, but she'd make a helluva wingman even if she wasn't. Gonna see how that plays out I think.

Okay, so I hit up the club on saturday and another one of my long-term aquaintances I hadn't seen in a while learned I was single and decided on the spot I was cute enough to make out with for a while. She's poly-amourous, which I learned about twenty seconds after when she introduced me to her husband and her boyfriend. A bit surreal when two dudes are giving you the finer points on how a girl likes to be touched, but you know, whatevs, and even after me bowing out of that particular set of shenanigans, she spent the rest of the night successfully convincing people to hook up with me.

What in the fuck I'll never know, but it was like being touted around like a tray of hors d'oeuvres; she would greet someone, and basically just straight up say, oh this my friend Sarc he's very nice, you should try him, and then 'oh, he's hot (fucking srrrsly?!?) sure, come here' and they would basically point to wherever they felt needed personal attention (fucking srrsslly!!!??!) and I would oblige, because damn, and okay sure why not. And they would giggle and smile a bit and agree that that was very nice, and that I should meet their other friend, because she would like to try some too, etc, etc.

What...is..happenniinng? I don't know dude, but shut the fuck up and roll. But.. but...? I said shut the fuck up!

So yah, like zero sleep and a hangover like Satan himself skullfucked me and left me for dead, but 5 new facebook friends and a handful of standing offers. Best. Wingman. Ever.

I would like to meet this wingman of yours.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hmm. One the one hand, the girl I went out with this weekend doesn't want to go out again (and this seemed like a good date), but on the other hand, I've got a dinner date in two days with someone else and a third conversation with yet another girl.

Also, today was my day for random profile views by Americans. I wonder how a women in Fairbanks and one in Minneapolis ended up checking me out today.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Kyougu wrote: »
    What's the consensus of pictures with sunglasses?

To go along with my new contacts I picked up a pair and I gotta say I look pretty good in them.

Are you 106 miles from Chicago with a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, and it's dark?

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    1) are you inside? (exception: one of those malls with nothing but skylights for a roof, or something similar)

2) is it night?

if you answered "YES" to one or more of these questions, then no, you should not be wearing sunglasses

Cory Hart disagrees.

f44904ngvou.jpg

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

2) is it night?

3) Are you Crowley?

Julius on
  • Options
    SarcastroSarcastro Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    riz wrote: »

Hahah seriously what the hell.

I was reading that story waiting for the point where they all turn into vampires.

Heh, interestingly enough I was fairly vamped out that night. No, not the sparkly kind, goddammit.

Oo! Speaking of, I have my first picture already, which I will probably profile up soon. Like all current pictures of me, it has no face, which is probably why I like it so much:
    me2.jpg

But I don't think I'll use it until I have one that shows my actual features. Otherwise it might seem like I have this weird thing about not showing up in pictures, which is of course, totally true.

Sarcastro on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

I love you.

But er when I think "club" and "vampires" I tend to first think of Blade. And we all know how that ended.

riz on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My girlfriend is completely self conscious about her glasses but I think she looks better with them than without them. Glasses look good on the right person.

Glasses on chicks with good cheekbones and the right glasses are fucking SMOKING

many times hotter than without

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    riz wrote: »

I love you.

But er when I think "club" and "vampires" I tend to first think of Blade. And we all know how that ended.

AWESOMELY.

Medium Dave on
  • Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So of the three I was just dating, 1 lost interest, 1 is asexual, and the other gave such toothy oral sex that I wish she was asexual. So to see how best I could jab an emotional stick into my emotional eye, i'm embarking on date #4 with a really, really hot, really, really religious girl. She knows my position on things, so i'm thinking we're both laboring under the illusion that we can change the other. I'm sure we're both wrong, but she's charming and interesting and pretty enough that i'm going to see if I can convince her to do premarital anything.

That isn't really why I posted, though. I posted because my OKC login has a trojan ad wrapper. That seems mighty optimistic - wouldn't they make more $$ plying fleshlights?

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm not one to question others' life choices, but

asexual? jeeze

Joolander on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I don't think asexual people sit down one day and decide to have no interest in sex

i wouldn't really call it a 'life choice'

unless you're celibate which is different

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Asexual is an orientation just as valid as straight or gay. Unless you want to be that guy who argues people choose to be straight or gay, don't harp on the 1 in 100 people who are born asexual. It must be fucking hell in this society wondering why you don't feel how everyone else does.

If that girl really is asexual though, she should probably have that listed on her profile in big giant letters. This is something a lot different than "I'm taking X amount of time off sex."

I bet there are asexual dating websites.

edit: Kaliy, did you ask the toothy blowjob girl to not use her teeth? One girl I dated was doing that and when I told her to stop she did. Her ex boyfriend had enjoyed it... I thought it was running my junk over a cheese grater.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    ShrieveShrieve Game Designer CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hey guys, I don't really leave SE++ or G&T much, but this is obviously the right place to bring up this sort of thing.

I reactivated my OKC account earlier today. It's been almost a year and a half since I last used it so I had fill out everything again. That was... fun. At any rate I'm probably a poor judge of what would be an attractive profile to some guy so anyone?

And about the whole asexual thing; what about some guy that lost his junk in some accident as a kid? I don't see why he wouldn't feel entitled to a relationship, even with sex not taking part.

Shrieve on
    FkbtS.png
  • Options
    Onslaught_FeiOnslaught_Fei Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Shrieve wrote: »
    Hey guys, I don't really leave SE++ or G&T much, but this is obviously the right place to bring up this sort of thing.

I reactivated my OKC account earlier today. It's been almost a year and a half since I last used it so I had fill out everything again. That was... fun. At any rate I'm probably a poor judge of what would be an attractive profile to some guy so anyone?

And about the whole asexual thing; what about some guy that lost his junk in some accident as a kid? I don't see why he wouldn't feel entitled to a relationship, even with sex not taking part.

Well... you hair looks like Rogue, you have Yes, The Doors, AND The Cure in your music section, and Mass Effect 2 is listed in your games section. Batting 1000 for me. *shrug*

Onslaught_Fei on
    XBL: Onslaught Fei
  • Options
    AgesAges Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Obi-wan would win, I'm guessing. Bruce Lee doesn't have access to the force, and there's only so much your kicks can do against someone with magic psychic powers!

Other than that, definitely a great read, Shrieve. If I didn't live on the opposite end of the country, I'd consider sending you a message (and not expect a response after).

[Edit] You wanna know something that's really surreal? Having your browser open to OkC while there's a girl in your bed, and having that girl browse your messages to say, "Oh, she's gorgeous, you should date her -- OH, she's Bi, let's convince her to have a threesome!"

D:

Ages on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Looks pretty good to me. Good mix of pics and a fun, light read. Doubt you will have trouble getting messages.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    ShrieveShrieve Game Designer CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Great! Thanks guys I've already seen a few messages turn up. Just have to see if any of them click.

Ages wrote: »
    [Edit] You wanna know something that's really surreal? Having your browser open to OkC while there's a girl in your bed, and having that girl browse your messages to say, "Oh, she's gorgeous, you should date her -- OH, she's Bi, let's convince her to have a threesome!"

Fun times for all! :^:

Shrieve on
    FkbtS.png
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    yeah looks good shrieve

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The last pic isn't really necessary and is the least flattering of the bunch. You look scrunched up.

Aesthetically it looks like your pictures are showing off your hair rather than you, which is probably why you had them taken originally (just my impression). If you change your hair frequently, or if this is the current look, it might make a good caption (because otherwise dudes are going to ask about your hair, and if it's current).

EggyToast on
  • Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    @Shrieve: Seems solid to me. As was mentioned, the last picture could probably go, but other than that, have fun sorting through the messages.

I put my profile out there on Sunday or Monday, can't remember which, but so far I've gotten a few messages that look promising and I've sent a few. This is more of a way to kill time though, so I'm not sweating negative responses, or even no response, which I think is a good approach otherwise I'd be stressing too much. Taking the stress factor out though seems like this could be a fun time-killer.

It doesn't seem to be a problem with profiles of forumers, but I have to ask, does it seem to anyone else that a lot of profiles tend to be very sparse on information? I was browsing one profile and I was initially going to move on because the information was a little more sparse than I'd like, but then this beauty caught my eye:

"Which is worse: starving children or abused animals?"
    "Neither, both are good."

I can't NOT message her now.

darklite_x on
    Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Shrieve, every time someone mentions Deus Ex on these forums, half a dozen people say "ah crap, you goose, now I'm re-installing that game." Could this be affecting the gentlemen viewing your profile? That kind of distraction may prove counter-productive!

But really, the only addition I might suggest would be an 'action photo' involving you out and about. Good luck to ye.

Bobble on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Ah! Illuminating point Asexuals describe as being "born that way", where as our junk-lost-in-thresher hypothetical is merely unfortunate. He may well be asexual due to hormonal changes from the loss of his testicles, but otherwise different. Everyone should get to be in a relationship, just with people with similar objectives.

As to your profile; you present well for nerd boys. Your problem is going to be weeding people out effectively and attracting who you want. Put more in about what are you looking for. Do you want someone similar to you? Someone more arty? Someone jocky?

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I thought asexual people didn't bother dating at all, they just met up with like-minded people in a similar boat.

I mean, asexual means that there's no sex drive period. It's simply not there.

So why date?

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Great pics, super cute, high nerd cred, well written; yes, I'd say a thousand eager gamer dudes should banging down the door about ... now.

Wait, ... now.

Okay some of them are still raiding, and logging off and stuff, but I'm sure they will be there any second.

Oh and some of them have to just check one or two things before they leave.

But they will be there. Eventually.

Sec.

jesus christ guys, she's right there! Dude, your guild will understand, and you- your guild will cheer. Now get the fuck out there.

Oh, aaaaaand yep, you've already got a new boyfriend. June wedding? Tron theme? Really, lightcycle ringbearers? Sounds awesome.

It's okay guys she's gone. Yah, pretty hot. No I don't think so bud, a little too classy for internudes. Well, just shop the face onto Lursa and B'Etor like you usually do. Okay. Next time though, right? Yeah.

Sarcastro on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Ages wrote: »
    Obi-wan would win, I'm guessing. Bruce Lee doesn't have access to the force, and there's only so much your kicks can do against someone with magic psychic powers!

Other than that, definitely a great read, Shrieve. If I didn't live on the opposite end of the country, I'd consider sending you a message (and not expect a response after).

D:

Making me reevaluate Florida, you are.

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Godfather wrote: »
    I thought asexual people didn't bother dating at all, they just met up with like-minded people in a similar boat.

So why date?

Companionship, trust and intimacy don't require sex. Most everyone wants/needs someone in their life whether or not they feel the normal sexual impulses. Other than that, they have all the emotions you do.:P

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    LadyMLadyM Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I imagine a lot of asexuals still crave emotional intimacy on a "more than just friends" level--someone to cuddle up to at the end of the day who knows them better than anyone else, to share their life with, etc. Probably would work best between two asexual people. Or an asexual person who believes in polyamory and a sexual person.

LadyM on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

So why date?

Because they still like companionship and meeting someone with complimentary life goals? They can fall in love and want another person around just like anybody else. For many, the act itself isn't unpleasent, it's just not something they actively seek out. And since that frame of sexuality is so rare, asexual people have issues finding truly compatible life partners.

Sarcastro on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I understand those points. I'm just caught in my age bracket where 99% of the reason why people date is to get laid.

In a way i'm a bit jealous of asexual people. Do you know how much stuff you could get done if your sex drive was gone? I would be travelling a hell of a lot, seeing the world and making the most of my time before setting down in my 40s 8-)

Godfather on
  • Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I understand those points. I'm just caught in my age bracket where 99% of the reason why people date is to get laid.

In a way i'm a bit jealous of asexual people. Do you know how much stuff you could get done if your sex drive was gone? I would be travelling a hell of a lot, seeing the world and making the most of my time before setting down in my 40s 8-)

Or you'd be playing making 10 year olds cry with your mad yu-gi-oh skills.

mrt144 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Potentially. A lot of people like traveling with a partner, though, because it's a lot of fun to travel with someone you like, and a lot of people also like traveling with someone they really like because you can have sex with them after an exciting day of new experiences.

People with very very low sex drives or who are asexual tend to perceive themselves as outsiders, so it's probably not as great as you're thinking.

EggyToast on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Jeebus, without a sex drive I'd probably have invented time travel by now. I don't even know what my life would be like, I've been hypersexual for as long as I can remember. Virtually every hobby and pursuit I ever had in my youth was geared around getting laid and doing it well (so I could get moar laid). I only changed gears in my twenties because I needed to facilitate a lifestyle that could hold up under the vast amounts of time spent in the bedroom, and afford all of the required accessories.

The playtime alone is somewhere around 20,000 hours, which is enough to master just about anything- twice. And the sheer amount of energy there, holy shit, I could have built like three houses with my bare hands and a swiss army knife. Crazy. Just crazy to think about.

Sarcastro on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    EggyToast wrote: »

Potentially. A lot of people like traveling with a partner, though, because it's a lot of fun to travel with someone you like, and a lot of people also like traveling with someone they really like because you can have sex with them after an exciting day of new experiences.

People with very very low sex drives or who are asexual tend to perceive themselves as outsiders, so it's probably not as great as you're thinking.

I see that point. There's always a cloud to the silver lining.

For me personally, dating would be a lot easier for me to judge, because if I had next to no sex drive then I would really only be looking for a good connection. How many guys here have made a stupid dating decision because our libido got in the way? Let's say you're in a relationship that's practically falling apart, but the only thing keeping it together is the crazy-good sex. For many people that's rather tough to get over. I'd imagine for asexuals it's more or less an open-and-shut case on when to end it without the complications of sex, and it probably wouldn't even get to that point because they would see the storm coming much earlier and end it there.

It could be a very emotional response to cut the tie, but the sex wouldn't cloud the judgement which goes a long way.

Not disagreeing, just saying other possibilities.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Sarcastro wrote: »
    I only changed gears in my twenties because I needed to facilitate a lifestyle that could hold up under the vast amounts of time spent in the bedroom, and afford all of the required accessories.

Did you kill two birds with one stone and go into the sex-furniture carpentry field?

I think the "asexuals could get more done" theory here is flawed. Again, just because someone isn't driven by sexual urges doesn't mean they're not driven by just as much desire to find a companion. And being asexual makes that so much more difficult given that a focus on sexuality is status quo so the pool of possible partners is limited.

riz on