As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] HEALAS EVERYTHING!!

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Zoelef wrote: »
    Arikado wrote: »
    Also, that Caitlyn got penta-reported for that summoner's name.

Yeah, I had the original version posted for about four seconds until I realized that was a bad idea.

Edit: Dickwolves! Attack formation! (US/EST folk send me a PM)

Me I own

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Asiina you sure showed the other non-racist people on your team what-for

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    A sivir with bloodrazor?

Just ...

Just stack some bloodthirsters.

Please don't tell me you need razor to lane.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    OremLK wrote: »
    Went 7/2 on my second game as Annie, played really well except one bungled teamfight where I got caught out of position and gibbed (well, I was actually in the right spot for a really good initiation if my team had been paying attention and been there too, but sadly I was Annie, not a tank).

It was in normal queue but was one of the highest level games I've played in awhile. Unfortunately our MF, who made dumb decisions frequently throughout the game, lost us the game by going bottom lane when the enemy team was grouped near Baron.

Still, I don't care that much if I lose a normal, proved to myself I can play Annie decently well should I need an AP carry other than Kassadin in ranked.

I don't even play annie for her utility in a fight. I play her because she throws a giant flaming bear at people while giggling.

Even when I lose while playing Annie I still feel like a winner.

Such a fun champ!

Also in that game, the enemy Malzahar was really good and I could swear I got matched against Roku if the guy didn't have a different name. Certainly he's been watching Roku's stream.

At one point I got ganked mid by him where he flashed over the wall by our wraiths and instagibbed me right next to our mid tower (with the help of a nuke by my lane opponent, Anivia).

I don't feel too bad about that death. It was actually kinda awesome.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    ThisThis Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    SoaL wrote: »
    Asiina wrote: »
    Wow, how did that make it through the filter since I know it's one of the words that is caught in the chat filter.

I had the filter off and some guy said right at the beginning "Don't act like a bunch of n*****s cause I don't play with n*****s. I said I don't play with racists and the rest of the team, who had filters on, had no idea what he had said.

It was the one and only time I afk'd at spawn for the whole game. Probably not the most mature reaction, but I don't play with racists.

yeah that was a really dumb reaction

I don't think it was a dumb reaction. Yeah it sucks for the rest of the team but that's the racist's fault. No one should put up with someone behaving that way.

This on
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    This wrote: »
    Wow, how did that make it through the filter since I know it's one of the words that is caught in the chat filter.

I had the filter off and some guy said right at the beginning "Don't act like a bunch of n*****s cause I don't play with n*****s. I said I don't play with racists and the rest of the team, who had filters on, had no idea what he had said.

It was the one and only time I afk'd at spawn for the whole game. Probably not the most mature reaction, but I don't play with racists.

I don't think it was a dumb reaction. Yeah it sucks for the rest of the team but that's the racist's fault. No one should put up with someone behaving that way.

This. Because fuck racists and no one should play with racists.

Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Went 7/2 on my second game as Annie, played really well except one bungled teamfight where I got caught out of position and gibbed (well, I was actually in the right spot for a really good initiation if my team had been paying attention and been there too, but sadly I was Annie, not a tank).

It was in normal queue but was one of the highest level games I've played in awhile. Unfortunately our MF, who made dumb decisions frequently throughout the game, lost us the game by going bottom lane when the enemy team was grouped near Baron.

Still, I don't care that much if I lose a normal, proved to myself I can play Annie decently well should I need an AP carry other than Kassadin in ranked.

I don't even play annie for her utility in a fight. I play her because she throws a giant flaming bear at people while giggling.

Even when I lose while playing Annie I still feel like a winner.

Such a fun champ!

Also in that game, the enemy Malzahar was really good and I could swear I got matched against Roku if the guy didn't have a different name. Certainly he's been watching Roku's stream.

At one point I got ganked mid by him where he flashed over the wall by our wraiths and instagibbed me right next to our mid tower (with the help of a nuke by my lane opponent, Anivia).

I don't feel too bad about that death. It was actually kinda awesome.

My one shining moment with Annie (this is amidst many awesome moments) was when we were already doing very well against an enemy team, but their Irelia was somewhat farmed and a force to be reckoned with. We have dragon warded and see her start dragon with both Red and Blue buff. At this point I have many kills under my belt and would love nothing better than to explode her. I teleport to the ward at dragon and Just as I get there an Ashe arrow comes from our Pool and nails her stunning her. I immediately blow my whole combo Tibber Stun combo on her while our rammus simultaneously reaches dragon at the end of his powerball. She is OBLITERATED instantly through a perfectly timed triple gank that none of us planned ahead of time.

*Edit* Oh and we got dragon because it had a pixel of life still left.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    LunysgwenLunysgwen Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I applaud your decision, Asiina. Seriously.

Lunysgwen on
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I want to be in the 3v3 tournament

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I think the only mental image I can get when Annie drops a bear on someone is the Contra Shattered Soldier PS2 game first level boss, where this angry helicopter thing comes out to fight you and then randomly a giant thing falls on it and just crushes him infinitely.

The first time me and my buddy saw it it was the greatest thing ever.

at about 5 minutes you can see the greatness of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gamp2DhrAU8

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    ZoelefZoelef Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    A sivir with bloodrazor?

Just ...

Just stack some bloodthirsters.

Please don't tell me you need razor to lane.

Pre-match, I was all "Get armor team, they're practically all AD." Eventually, we got so far ahead it was moot, but I still went for the only item out there with armor and AD. Also, with double-Bloodrazor + my ult we could've Baron'd very quickly if it was necessary.

Otherwise, you are right that I should've gone Bloodthirster + Chain Vest into something with Attack Speed.

Zoelef on
  • Options
    LunysgwenLunysgwen Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I think the only mental image I can get when Annie drops a bear on someone is the Contra Shattered Soldier PS2 game first level boss, where this angry helicopter thing comes out to fight you and then randomly a giant thing falls on it and just crushes him infinitely.

That whole boss fight is full of WTF? moments.

Lunysgwen on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Lunysgwen wrote: »

That whole boss fight is full of WTF? moments.

Man the boss has "Developer Joke" Written all over it. I can only imagine the brainstorming session where they thought that up :)

Delphinidaes on
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I think it's more likely that you disrupting the entire game was a pleasurable experience for the "racist", who was likely saying those things just to troll everyone in the game and get attention. The more of a mess he makes the happier he's going to be.

There's a /ignore feature for a reason.

Use it.

Also, awesome story Delphin :)

What build do you use on Annie, by the way? I don't feel like she needs Catalyst for laning but I do feel kind of squishy if I skip it. I guess I could get three Doran's and get more AP out of my money, but that doesn't seem ideal.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Hold on ... I have another head.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Meh, this was months ago right after ranked was introduced. I didn't say it was the best reaction I could have had, but there's no changing it now. I'm not bragging, just telling a relevant story.

Asiina on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Well, the point I was trying to make is simply that it doesn't really punish the racist (or the guy acting like a racist to get attention, whatever the case may be), it probably in fact rewards him, and punishes the rest of your team who haven't made any racist remarks.

The best way to punish trolls is to put them on ignore and... well, ignore them.

OremLK on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    is there a worse decision you can make than building a lichbane without any ap items?

I really don't think so

Jars on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Jars wrote: »
    is there a worse decision you can make than building a lichbane without any ap items?

I really don't think so
    I think I've seen Roku do it sometimes on Lux.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    so. LOL, why do you take so long to fix your wierd server issues?

Bagel, why dont you name your team the Bagel group?

stopgap on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I see a lot of AP Ezreal's rush lichbane first. It does have 80 AP, some mana, MR, and move speed which Ezreal could really use and as a core item is pretty cheap. But other than him not too many champs could really put it to good use as a first item.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    can i be part of the bagel group?

: (

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I think it's more likely that you disrupting the entire game was a pleasurable experience for the "racist", who was likely saying those things just to troll everyone in the game and get attention. The more of a mess he makes the happier he's going to be.

There's a /ignore feature for a reason.

Use it.

Also, awesome story Delphin :)

What build do you use on Annie, by the way? I don't feel like she needs Catalyst for laning but I do feel kind of squishy if I skip it. I guess I could get three Doran's and get more AP out of my money, but that doesn't seem ideal.

I like to build her on the edge as a proverbial Glass Cannon. I start with a Doran's ring and my first item (depending on how I do in the lane) Is either a Blasting wand or a Needlessly large rod (Yes before I even get boots 1) I find stacking early AP like that counteracts any Early Magic resist they may get, and while I may be squishy, I've gotten quite good at making sure my stun is always available so I can escape if need be. Once I have a Solid AP item I'll get boots 1 (maybe even Boots 2 depending on when I go back the second time)

My boots are usually Merc treads because I find the magic resist early on helps me stay alive (I can shield myself as well and hurt any auto attackers). But if there is little/no CC on the enemy team I'll go for Sorc boots.

Next step is to get that Deathcap. It is almost always my first big ticket item and usually lets me sit around 230+ AP from the get go. This means that anything but the beefiest of defensive characters WILL feel every hit I throw at them.

After that it depends on how the game is progressing. If we aren't doing well I may go for Abyssal Scepter for the additional magic resist and AP. I hardly ever build armor items because unless the Auto attacker is extremely beefy I can usually blow them up because they are trying to stack Offensive items to kill me quickly. If I do need armor i'll get the Hourglass.

Aside from that my final build is usually something like

Boots2
    Deathcap
    Abyssal Scepter
    Rylai's
    Archangels
    (Insert whatever flavor I feel like here)

If my game is not going very well and I find the enemy is very tough then I'll actually go for a tear of the goddess first so I can up my harass game. Keep them constantly damaged and then go in for the kill. Once I get the tear i'll then rush for the Deathcap and finish the tear into an archangel's later.

Masteries are 9/0/21

Magic Pen reds, Mp/5 Yellows and Blues, 2 health quints, 1 movespeed quint.

I run ghost/Teleport, but if we have enough teleports on our team i'll go Ghost/ignite. I hardly ever run flash, but that's just because I find more utility out of ghost personally.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I like miss tits. but I think I suck at ranged carries. you try to kill someone and they run away.

Jars on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Jars wrote: »
    I like miss tits. but I think I suck at ranged carries. you try to kill someone and they run away.

Frozen Mallet.

I swear by this item on any ranged carry. If you can't get an early frozen mallet, at least get a Phage. If you can't get an early phage, Make sure you have red buff. If you can't get red buff. Kill whoever has it and take it from them :)

But yeah you need something to stop them from just wandering away.

Frozen mallet has the added benefit of not only giving you the slowing effect, but you get a nice HP boost (helps counteract the whole squishy thing) plus it gives you AD which helps you kill mans.

Frozen Mallet plus a smidgen of AS and noone will escape you ever. I personally like to pair it with Black Cleaver.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    i've pretty much solidified frozen mallet on my xin after ghostblade instead of the second brutalizer (unless it is a real stomp, then i can totes pick up the brutalizer and become the Death God) but frozen mallet is just beautiful in so many ways.

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    New thing I hate: People who, upon hearing "we need a tank," immediately volunteer as Mundo, and proceed to build tanky items while running around the map with complete disregard for the rest of the team and acting in the complete opposite way of a tank.

No, the rest of the team isn't going to follow you under the turret to the entire enemy team sitting behind it, stop going where you goddamn please.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Meh, this was months ago right after ranked was introduced. I didn't say it was the best reaction I could have had, but there's no changing it now. I'm not bragging, just telling a relevant story.

It's all good. I hate those people too.

It's weird though, I see users with the name n***** all the time...very recently anyways.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Jungling is still boring as fuck and annoying but Trundle is a boss.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ashe + swift boots a billion phantom dancers is awesome.

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    FightTest wrote: »
    Jungling is still boring as fuck and annoying but Trundle is a boss.

Jungling is fun, I mean you are fucking batmaning around the map hunting man. How is that not fun?

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    CrownAxeCrownAxe Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Guys, I need to learn a jungler to complete my roster of awesome.

Because sometime Karthus, Corki and Corporate Mundo are not enough.

CrownAxe on
    AwesomeSig.jpg
  • Options
    RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    CrownAxe wrote: »

Warwick. Warwick. Warwick.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Crown, I thought you had jungle Olaf?

Also, hate this game...

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hmm, don't they usually post the champion preview tonight?

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I wish they would stop with new champions and focus on other shit that they promised, its getting really fucking old

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    pretty sure the champion design team and live balance team don't have a lot to do with the programming of replays

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    CrownAxe wrote: »

Mundo can actually jungle, fwiw.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I do agree. A monthly champion would be a whole lot better. This release schedule will bog the game down quite a bit when they exceed the 100+ range and make it nearly impossible for newcomers to get a handle on things.

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah this game really has a lot of champions, I would be happy if they stopped releasing them for a month or two and fixed old ones. Maybe make ryze a little more viable, and a few other champions.

Watching the reginald stream...this guy is a fucking beast. I mean I have seen him before, but he is playing 5s....he is fucking insane. He is just such a boss in lane, completely ignored the enemy as Singed and if they attack him he just runs around them tosses and slows, they just can't do anything. They had a 5 man gank on him and he juked them by running at their tower (to the 2nd one) into the bush and back around, then the rest of his team came and they got some kills. It was magical.

3 man gank just came for he, he runs away and they are all half hp from the posion, he chases them slows and tosses and almost gets two kills....wtf.

The way their team works...it is so different. They don't just hop into a fight, they pick one person off then rape the other team, focus fire them down. It is so much more coordinated.

Fizban140 on