As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

speakers that will work with PS3 and PC

verbelverbel Registered User regular
Basically I want to hook my PS3 up to my Computer monitor as I spend most of my free time there. I tried it out the other day and everything works great except I have no way to get sound. I currently am using some cheap antec lansing speakers but those are not going to work. I don’t really want to spend allot of money as I use headphones for things when I want good sound.

I imagine I need to get some speakers with optical input, but most I see are fairly expensive. Does anyone have any suggestions or examples of what they are doing?

steam_sig.png
verbel on

• Options
    LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I use these Logitech Z550 speakers. The optical works for the PS3 while the 6 channel direct inputs go to the PC.

They're just as expensive (if not more) as when I bought them 6ish years ago, though, so I'd definitely wait until they're on sale. I'm sure that I got them for under $200 at the time.

LavaKnight on
  • Options
    SkyeSkye Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Can't you just get any old speakers that works on PC and use one of these?

Of course, if you need more than stereo sound then this wouldn't work, but if you already have speakers/headphones then you could try using that converter and the standard RCA audio cables from your PS3.

Skye on
  • Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    If it's hooked up to your computer monitor, I assume you're using HDMI, and presumably a 3.5mm sound output on the monitor. I have my 360 and PS3 hooked up to my monitor like that, and just run a M/M 3.5mm TRS connector to my computers audio input, and use my sound card drivers to mix that into my computers sound output. I get to use one set of headphones for sound without juggling cables.

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png