As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Yo Momma So U[Glee] She...

1111213141517»

• Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    The Christmas episode was the worst thing ever. I wasn't sure they were even going to finish this season it'd been so long.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    I admit I still watch this even though I swore I wouldn't.

HOW DARE SANTANA BECOME RACHEL'S UNDERSTUDY BECAUSE?

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Spoit wrote: »
    Only the latest one? The show never made sense. (are they still spending more than half the screen time with the two people in NY?)

I believe they are dropping the high school setting after this season, and next season will be the last.

And the episode I saw last week seemed pretty contrived, yeah.

So the show called "Glee" will have nothing to do with an actual glee club?

Yeah, that sounds about par for the course.

(I haven't watched it in months. I now use the time that would go towards Glee to watch things like House of Cards. I am a happier person now.)

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    yurnamehereyurnamehere Registered User regular
    They're actually dropping the high school setting real soon now, after the graduation episode this season.

• Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    Only the latest one? The show never made sense. (are they still spending more than half the screen time with the two people in NY?)

I believe they are dropping the high school setting after this season, and next season will be the last.

And the episode I saw last week seemed pretty contrived, yeah.

So the show called "Glee" will have nothing to do with an actual glee club?

Yeah, that sounds about par for the course.

(I haven't watched it in months. I now use the time that would go towards Glee to watch things like House of Cards. I am a happier person now.)

In fairness, the word "Glee" has it's own meaning beyond simple clubbing.

Anyway, I have no problem with them moving on past high school, but the idea of "You're only the second best school in the entire country, not good enough!" is just such a terrible message in general.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I would wager that wasn't even on the top-ten list of stupidest things about that episode.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    If you're not first you're last. Apparently.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    They completely demolished More Than A Feeling. Such a good version. The way they simulated the guitar riffs was amazing.

• Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I continue to be amazed, though I know I shouldn't, at how this show will have all kinds of asinine ridiculousness (everything about the Rachel/Santana feud?) and then handle something like continued reactions to Finn/Corey's death with grace. It's so weirdly schizophrenic. But the singing still gets me to watch. Haha

N1tSt4lker on
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    In movies, I sit through the musical numbers to get to more of the story / character drama, it is the total opposite with Glee, I sit through the teen / character melodrama to get to the next amazing song number.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    So this final season has been interesting.

They rebuilt the Glee Club from scratch, where the new members were actually allowed to have their own personalities. I really wish they had gone that route a few seasons ago when most of the old class graduated, rather than "Meet the New Glee Club, exactly the same as the old Glee Club." Might have saved the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=306JHaBBrLw

Dalton burns down off camera. And the Wabblers decide to team up with the New Directions. Which is hilarious for all sorts of reason. How does a massive school like Dalton just burn like that?

It's pretty interesting how DC's two newest superhero shows are both Glee alumnis. Supergirl is Marley, while Flash was the Steroid Wabbler Leader.

Anyway, Glee is pretty much over now. It did jump the shark a few times, but I'm still going to miss it. Personally, I think they should just reinvent it as a youtube series where they invite up and coming talent to do music covers.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Eh, IMO it was the constant pandering to the people who "graduated" that was responsible for the show dieing. But then again, the new york plot was pretty much just an excuse to fast forward for me, which killed the pacing

steam_sig.png