As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Santa - 2 grinched victims remain - volunteers required

Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in Games and Technology
apotheos wrote: »
These rules apply.

You may post to volunteer.
Doc may post to confirm that volunteers have or have not been found.
You may post to show off your gift, if you are one of the two affected individuals.

You may not post anything else, at all. Period. No discussion, no chat, no revisiting what you got.

Forgive the long time of non communication from me. I've been waiting for people to PM me back and now the deadline has passed. If you didn't receive a gift, and I have not contacted you, then PM me ASAP!

Now let's make with the BUNNYING!

j8knp.jpg

Usually I don't do a new thread for these, but it seems the other thread has been locked away, so a new thread it is!

We have two sad, sad people without gifts! (and two deadbeats who will be banned).

This is twice as many as last year, and a million times more than I'm willing to tolerate! GRR!

Anyhow, I need two Easter Bunnies to step up. The first two to request via PM get the honor.

Go forth and talk about G&T Secret Santa 2010. I swear each year is better than the last!

PSN & Live: buckwilson
Doc Holliday on

• Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Who's on the chopping block?

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Two is still really low, thankfully. Regardless, THIS WILL NOT STAND. Rise up, heroes of the forum!

Henroid on
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    That is a terrifying bunny.

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Isn't it the one from Mallrats that Jay and Silent Bob beat the hell out of?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oooh I'm so glad we got some closure! I wanted to Easter Bunny this year, but things have come up and I won't be able to, but I will watch this thread like a hawk. Yay gifting!

Icemopper on
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Isn't it the one from Mallrats that Jay and Silent Bob beat the hell out of?

Go easy on him, he's under a lot of pressure.

Dunxco on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Have we got our two volunteers yet?

And uh... I hate to be that guy, but who were the deadbeats? <.<

Henroid on
  • Options
    dantreedantree Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Could we get a link to the gift wall on here as well, I would like to reminisce...and see all the great loot people got!

dantree on
    psn: dantree
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    dantree wrote: »
    Could we get a link to the gift wall on here as well, I would like to reminisce...and see all the great loot people got!

http://santa.chargingwombat.com/

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Can we post stuff about our gifts in this thread? In other words, can we treat this as the general "Secret Santa 2010" thread again?

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Doc did say we can talk about G&T Secret Santa 2010 in here, so I assume yes.

Also, assume that I have fallen in love with mntorankusu. :3

Henroid on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    shady should totes show off the annotated guide me and earwig squad made

it is so annotated

Rent on
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    This ... no. Guys we are not doing this. Once a year, at Christmas, this is fine. We are not inventing new ones.

And we closed the other thread because its FEBRUARY. Plan for it next year: December and January, it all you will have.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    I've been approached with a clearer explaination as to the intent of this thread. I am reopening it.

These rules apply.

You may post to volunteer.
    Doc may post to confirm that volunteers have or have not been found.
    You may post to show off your gift, if you are one of the two affected individuals.

You may not post anything else, at all. Period. No discussion, no chat, no revisiting what you got.

March 1st this will go away. Next year, there will be a firm limit of February 1st. Plan for it. People should have their gifts by before Xmas. Deadbeats can be cleared up by the 15th of January. Et cetera.

Someone contact me with the deadbeats and I'll check in that the enforcement side of things has been handled.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Give me an address someone. I'll take care of one person! I'd like their interests too, but I don't have a ton of flexibility.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    hushhush Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    hook me up with someone and their interests - let's make it happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!

e: i'll assume that your PM box is chock full of volunteers, because I can't send you a PM, Doc ;)

hush on
    This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • Options
    DaemonionDaemonion Mountain Man USARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'd gladly be an easter bunny if needed. Please let me know.

Daemonion on
  • Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I am willing and able to get my bunny on, should it be needed.

Nackmatholn on
    camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Give me an address someone. I'll take care of one person! I'd like their interests too, but I don't have a ton of flexibility.

This is in regard to people who got hosed, not some easter non-sense.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    apotheos wrote: »
    I've been approached with a clearer explaination as to the intent of this thread. I am reopening it.

March 1st this will go away. Next year, there will be a firm limit of February 1st. Plan for it. People should have their gifts by before Xmas. Deadbeats can be cleared up by the 15th of January. Et cetera.

20 days past Christmas isn't nearly enough time to clear things up with a 200 person Secret Santa. If the mods are going to enforce a rule like this then maybe a mod should run Secret Santa for G&T again.

Anyhow, volunteers have been found and they've been given their assignments!

Apparently they have 2 weeks (until March 1) to stalk, purchase and deliver their gifts or else? If they don't do it by then then... tough potatoes?

Am I doing this mean mod thing right?

Doc Holliday on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I see you've already got people lined up, but if for some reason a Bunny finds themselves unable to fulfill their role, or wants backup, I'd be happy to act as one again.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Awesome, thanks for offering!

I know I'm not allowed to chat in this thread but I think I would be doing our two Bunnies a disservice if I didn't say THANK YOU!

Buying gifts without expecting anything in return– you (as of now anonymous) dudes or dudettes are awesome.

Doc Holliday on
  • Options
    The Count Of Midget FistoThe Count Of Midget Fisto Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm a little late but I'm also volunteering to get gifts for anyone that needs them.

The Count Of Midget Fisto on
    In Low Orbit Over Budapest
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Gotta love mods who treat their forum go-ers like school children who stayed out for recess a little too long and they're the principal.

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Cornell002Cornell002 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Thank you in advanced Bunny! I am very excited for the gifting

Cornell002 on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    One of you should be receiving something shortly. (Or should have a day or so ago, really.)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    K0dosK0dos Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Gift Get!

Thank You Easter Bunny (Santa), the package arrives a standard brown box. So unspectacular there are no pictures of it. Warning the pics are pretty large, imported them from my phone and then uploaded them no resizing so open the spoiler at your own risk!

We start with the letter. A very clever note, nice touch using my avatar.
    IMG_0354.JPG
    Now for the contents, tastefully wrapped.
    IMG_0357.JPG
    Loot!
    IMG_0360.JPG
    Deathsmiles Limited Edition
    IMG_0363.JPG
    Samurai Showdown Sen
    IMG_0361.JPG
    The extras, 360 faceplate and the games.
    IMG_0365.JPG

Thank you Santa (Bunny) now I have a new faceplate for my 360 and a couple of games that I would probably not have tried otherwise. I'm excited to try Deathsmiles, I used to love shmups long ago when there were lots of them this one should be a fun ride. Samurai Showdown in 3D with 8 way run should be interesting, I play mostly 2D fighters but I will give this a chance.

Now I'm off to get some time in with Deathsmiles.

K0dos on
    139892.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I had to aim for obscurity, since I had no clue what you owned. :P Glad it made it there safely. Happy belated holiday.

(I'm sure the signature image was a bit too obscure to pick up on.)

And I'm sure Deathsmiles is fantastic.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    K0dosK0dos Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I had to aim for obscurity, since I had no clue what you owned. :P Glad it made it there safely. Happy belated holiday.

(I'm sure the signature image was a bit too obscure to pick up on.)

And I'm sure Deathsmiles is fantastic.
    Absolutely the best Christmas gift that I didn't buy myself in years. I would have never picked up either of these games and would have missed out on some great experiences. I usually never get any gifts related to gaming and never any that I didn't explicitly ask for. It's great to get something cool and be completely surprised.

Thanks again this was easily the best gift this year and probably in the past couple of years.

K0dos on
    139892.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Awesome gifting!

I had never even heard of that Samurai Showdown title before. it looks pretty great.

Kudos to Mr. iwakura for great stalking despite forum search being down!

Doc Holliday on
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Huzzah for Easter Bunnies comin' through with the goods! :)

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I don't think I ever saw photos letting me know that my santee received his gifts :( clearly I didn't get him something awesome enough to show off :(

also, awesome work Easter Bunny(ies)

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Dear bunny,

I got both packages. So pumped. I'll be posting pictures tomorrow :D

Cornell002 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    GIFT GET!

Came home last night after a rough day two find two packages on my doorstep. Thank God! I needed it

Now, onto the presents:

The packages:
    005zyn.jpg

The first:
    006jtw.jpg

Inside:
    007.jpg
    YES! I asked for this on Facebook weeks ago. Excellent stalking Bunny. Now I'm going to wear this with my fishnet stockings and Star Of David belt buckle and fight crime.

Second box:
    008.jpg
    My cat loves peanuts. He thanks you greatly

Up first:
    009d.jpg
    Awesome. I don't have too many DS games, so this will give me something to do on those excruciatingly long hour lunches at work.

Second:
    010p.jpg
    Damn. This is the ONE show my friends are always harping on me to watch. I've seen a few episodes and really enjoy it, so now I can go through and watch it all in order. Wicked pumped.

The note, sideways. Crane your necks:
    011gf.jpg
    Love the poem

All together:
    012ap.jpg

Henroid, you are awesome! I am so lucky to have had you as a Bunny, you are extremely generous, and awesome at stalking my life. I can't wait to try out 999 and watch It's Always Sunny, and the Flaming C shirt is perfect.

Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

Cornell002 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    MY TASK IS DONE!

I'm so glad you like everything, I was panicking (like I was when handling my other Santee) about things being liked. Because of the setbacks involved in all this (finding you a new Secret Santa, and then my personal setbacks that pushed things back three weeks) I put more into this.

MERRY ST. PATRICK'S DAY! :D

Henroid on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    That's it all wrapped up then is it? Cheers to Doc for organising it again this (well...last) year!

See you all again in 260 or so days ;)

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yes, mega cheers to Doc for keeping things going and wrapping it all up. I love you guys. Merry.... Friday!

Icemopper on
This discussion has been closed.