Options

Show some love for The Mars Volta

Karl HungusKarl Hungus Registered User regular
edited February 2011 in Debate and/or Discourse
I recently started listing to The Mars Volta and I can't stop! It has been two months and I have listened to nothing else(except for the occasional shittastic Katy Perry song that comes on at my gym). My favorite album of theirs is definitely Amputecture but Frances the Mute would be a close second. Is anyone else here into them? If so what are your favorite albums/tracks? And have you seen them live? I have yet to.

Karl Hungus on

• Options
    edited February 2011
    Really? No one likes TMV here?

Karl Hungus on
  • Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    deloused invariably leads to flashbacks. good times.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    deloused invariably leads to flashbacks. good times.

Most people site Deloused as their favorite album but I don't. Maybe because it was the last album of theirs I listened to as opposed to the first.

Karl Hungus on
  • Options
    IgortIgort Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This thread will probably be locked, but yeah, I love TMV and have been there since the Tremulant EP. Always good to see others who like them.

I saw 'em live ages ago, just after Frances The Mute came out. Incredible performance. They played the entire of Cassandra Gemini, and it was mind-blowing.

My favourite album is hard to pick (I generally don't like picking favourite's of anything), but it's a toss up between Bedlam, De-Loused or Frances.

Igort on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Igort wrote: »
    This thread will probably be locked, but yeah, I love TMV and have been there since the Tremulant EP. Always good to see others who like them.

I saw 'em live ages ago, just after Frances The Mute came out. Incredible performance. They played the entire of Cassandra Gemini, and it was mind-blowing.

My favourite album is hard to pick (I generally don't like picking favourite's of anything), but it's a toss up between Bedlam, De-Loused or Frances.

I couldn't get into Bedlam for some reason. It seems too spastic and noisy to me. Maybe I just need to give it more time.

Karl Hungus on