As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Personal Trimmer For Personal Area

MimMim I prefer my lovers…dead.Registered User regular
edited February 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
So the "search" feature is still down and I figured I'd make a thread! I'm in the market for a new personal trimmer for that entire down there area. I have Jenna's Hot Trimmer but it's begging to knick me and that doesn't feel too good as you can imagine.

What would all of you suggest? And it needs to be able to go anywhere! What gives the best, closest trim?

TL;DR Need a personal trimmer for my personal area that won't knick me to death and give me a close trim.

Thanks in advanced!

Mim on

• Options
    DemerdarDemerdar Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Get a regular old beard trimmer for the thick stuff, and for the sensitive areas (see balls and/or lips), you gotta bust out the razor. Just be careful, use lots of shaving cream, and you'll be fine.

Demerdar on
    y6GGs3o.gif
  • Options
    AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Antithesis on
  • Options
    Zombie NirvanaZombie Nirvana Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'll tell ya I just got my balls lasered hard core and I don't regret it in the least!

Zombie Nirvana on
  • Options
    illigillig Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Philips Norelco Bodygroom. Hands down the best design I have found BC it has the angle/ design of a manual razor while most other things out there are shaped like a hair trimmer.

http://www.shaveeverywhere.com/

illig on
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    How close does the Philips get? I mean, I'm working with lady bits here, so I want to get close without knicking myself.

Also, I don't shave anything down there, just trim. I'm good with just a really close trim as I break into ingrown hairs from shaving.

Mim on
  • Options
    ToefooToefoo Los Angeles, CARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I also use the Bodygroom for "down thurrr" and I've only nicked myself once (was using it without the guard for one area). I slap the #2 guard on there, and it gets it to a very nice, short length without nicking or ingrown hairs.

The only problem I've had with it is that it can be a pain trying to trim hairs that are in the area where your thigh and pelvis meet, though this might only be me. It's pretty cheap though, extremely easy to maintain, and waterproof!

Toefoo on
    PSN: Soultics
    Weaboo List
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Toefoo wrote: »
    I also use the Bodygroom for "down thurrr" and I've only nicked myself once (was using it without the guard for one area). I slap the #2 guard on there, and it gets it to a very nice, short length without nicking or ingrown hairs.

The only problem I've had with it is that it can be a pain trying to trim hairs that are in the area where your thigh and pelvis meet, though this might only be me. It's pretty cheap though, extremely easy to maintain, and waterproof!

How short of a length? Do you have like an image I could use (obviously like a face image or something or drawing). Also have you used the trimmer without the guard before and not knicked yourself?

Oh, also one of images for the razor looked...dangerous. I'll post it when I get back from school, but I just want to know what it's for.

Mim on
  • Options
    ToefooToefoo Los Angeles, CARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Same length as a 2 guard on a hair trimmer is (so something a little shorter than the top of Matthew Fox's head http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/suwarnaadi/MatthewFoxBuzzCutHairstyle.jpg).

I've used the trimmer about fifteen or so times without the guard, and one of those times I nicked myself pretty good. I'm not sure if I can blame the trimmer or if it was my own negligence, but it was only the one time.

Toefoo on
    PSN: Soultics
    Weaboo List
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I have a beard trimmer with a #0 guard. That's 1/16th of an inch. It actually ends up going pretty much to the skin down there because the skin is... More loose. That's why you have to be careful without a guard. It's easy for something to sneak in there and get ripped up.

I'd rather do a bic razor than a trimmer sans guard, but I hate the next itchy week when I use razors.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    physi_marcphysi_marc Positron Tracker In a nutshellRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Toefoo wrote: »
    Same length as a 2 guard on a hair trimmer is (so something a little shorter than the top of Matthew Fox's head http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/suwarnaadi/MatthewFoxBuzzCutHairstyle.jpg).

I've used the trimmer about fifteen or so times without the guard, and one of those times I nicked myself pretty good. I'm not sure if I can blame the trimmer or if it was my own negligence, but it was only the one time.

I use the Bodygroom all the time without the guard to shave parts of my privates (I'm a guy) and I only nicked myself once due to my own negligence.

If you're being careful and stretching the skin whenever possible (obviously, I have no experience with shaving lady bits), you should be fine.

physi_marc on
    Switch Friend Code: 3102-5341-0358
    Nintendo Network ID: PhysiMarc
  • Options
    WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I use the body groom and have nicked once or twice using the foil cutter, but I like to get right down to nothing. I've since adjusted my technique to involve foil on the area around my genitals and then the #1 trimmer on my actual genitals. Since then I've had no issue.

Wezoin on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Okay

bodygroom.jpg

So I take it the two things on the sides of the big roll in the middle are the trimmers and the thing in the middle is the actual razor?

Mim on
  • Options
    illigillig Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Mim wrote: »
    Okay

bodygroom.jpg

So I take it the two things on the sides of the big roll in the middle are the trimmers and the thing in the middle is the actual razor?

Yep, exactly. And unless you have super sensitive skin I wouldn't worry. If you have a Guy around ask to see his electric razor - it's the same mechanism, just laid out better for using it on not-your-face.

I've used it personally and on my wife without the blue plastic combs many times with no issues.

illig on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Okay

bodygroom.jpg

Yep. Just be mindful of the trimmers when using the razor and you'll be fine.

physi_marc on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Alrighty, so is this the absolute best one? Are there others I should keep an eye out for that don't put the trimmers and razor so close together?

Mim on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    For men, I think it's one of the best out there. I don't know about women's trimmers, but I can't imagine them being that different. Besides, the Bodygroom is completely waterproof. I have no issue with the trimmers and the razor being close together and men's private parts have lot more slack than women.

If you don't like it, you can always sell it to the next person who makes a personal trimmer thread on H/A.

physi_marc on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Good idea!

FOR SALE: Used personal trimmer. Only used once (on my balls), but didn't like it.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Figgy wrote: »
    Good idea!

FOR SALE: Used personal trimmer. Only used once (on my balls), but didn't like it.

Well, Mim's a girl so maybe some fetishists would be into that type of used item. :wink:

physi_marc on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Okay, I have the BG2020 model of the bodygroom.

I'll try it out and then let you know how it goes. If I get cut up, I'm haunting all of you

Mim on
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    And then I'll buy it!

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    Goddammit Improvolone

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I just use a disposable razor in the shower. If you're careful you won't get any cuts.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I just use a disposable razor in the shower. If you're careful you won't get any cuts.

I don't shave because the bumps, oh god the bumps.

The trimmer worked well. I was scared as hell because it was such a big thing covering a small area and I was trying not to accidentally shave myself. I used it without the guard because they didn't allow for the closeness I wanted. So, it worked, I'll just be careful from now on!

Thank you all! :D

Mim on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    oh fyi, Pure aloe is the best thing for healing down there. Either off the plant directly or in the bottle. Make sure NOT to use the stuff with the coloring as it has different ingredients that may not cause relief.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    oh fyi, Pure aloe is the best thing for healing down there. Either off the plant directly or in the bottle. Make sure NOT to use the stuff with the coloring as it has different ingredients that may not cause relief.

Where would I get pure aloe?

Mim on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

Where would I get pure aloe?

http://www.amazon.com/Aubrey-Organics-100-Pure-Aloe/dp/B00013YZ0C

Supposedly the fruit of the earth has the artificial thickeners, Some which may cause cancer. You could also buy an aloe plant (when I see one for sale again I will immediately pick one up) and use that instead.

Viscountalpha on