As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Best man emergency kit

PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
edited February 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
My brother's getting married this weekend and I'm on best man duty. I remember a while back someone asked for some best man speech advice or something here and a poster recommended an emergency supply kit with things like a tide stain remover stick or some needle and thread or some really intelligent things like that that one would never think of. Naturally I thought to myself "self, this is a really good idea and you should keep a note of this." Then of course I went off to play video games or something and promptly forgot about it.

So, any advice for things a best man should keep handy in case the unexpected emergency does occur?

Pellaeon on

• Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Stain removal stick
    Needle and Thread
    Speech notes
    Numbers for everyone important at wedding
    Scotch Tape
    $200 in cash
    FULLY CHARGED PHONE don't fuck that up

That's a good start

EDIT some costume jewelery rings for insurance

Robman on
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    I think you might be talking about this thread.

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Bottled water or clear gatorade with the pull-up tops (otherwise someone will spill all over themselves).
    Baby wipes.
    Safety pins.
    Copy of the seating chart so you can direct guests if they look lost.
    Band-aids.
    Tylenol.
    Get several pocket-sized kleenex packs and hand them out to the groomsmen. (these aren't for you, they are for you to hand to anybody crying or just with a stuffy nose, either way, helpful)

You may want to work with the MoH and make an all-purpose emergency kit, because:
    tampons/pads. (someone WILL hit their period and not be expecting it)
    makeup remover and touchup makeup.
    chocolate (I may get yelled at for this one, but, and this is strictly in my PERSONAL experience, I have found that having a bar of chocolate on hand for when a girl gets stressed is not a bad thing..)
    clear nail polish (for fixing nylons, or whatever the hell girls do with this stuff. You'll want some, trust me.)

*shrug* There's probably more, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Xaviar on
  • Options
    meekermeeker Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    meeker on
  • Options
    Rogueknight-Rogueknight- Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Numbers of local Taxi/Hire Car Firms. If the transport goes to hell, you want to be ready to come up with plan B.

Rogueknight- on
  • Options
    EdS25EdS25 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    When I was best man I noticed the groom had a worn lace when he went to get his shoes shined a couple hours before the wedding. I went and bought some more (the waxy black kind) without him paying much attention. Sure enough, when he went to tie them at the last minute, the fucker broke. I reached into my pocket and handed him the new lace. The look on his face was priceless.

Of course, it took me about the next half hour to actually get the lace correctly installed in the shoe, while being made fun of by the rest of the groomsmen, and in the end it was criss-crossed traditional style instead of whatever fucked up "straight across" fancy bullshit you're supposed to do but nobody remembers that. They just remember that somehow, me, one of the most unorganized and under-prepared last minute procrastinators on the planet, had that lace all queued up.

tldr; shoe laces for dress shoes

EdS25 on
    Currently Playing : FE:Awakening, AC:NL