As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Making a windowed game appear full screen via script

TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
edited February 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
After getting a second monitor from my mom. I tried playing games using a dual monitor setup and got annoyed by needing to alt tab out of a game since the mouse cursor is trapped on a monitor with the game. Playing in windowed mode isn't much better with the Windows UI getting in the way. After a bit of searching around I found trick using a program called Auto Hot Key and this script:
;-Caption
LWIN & LButton::
WinSet, Style, -0xC00000, A
;

And everything worked till the other day when I closed Borderlands using the X at the top instead of the menu by mistake. Now every game carries over to the second monitor and I think taskbar at the bottom used to be covered up. As you can see from below

oUxvVl.jpg

Pic is 3520 pixels wide and just a little under 1MB so I don't feel like directly hotlinking it

Now as far as I know the script just removes the Windows UI at the top and doesn't do anything else. So I would like some help to refine the script a bit so I can adjust the size of the actual window or at the least figure out why Windows is making this happen and how to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

steam_sig.png
TNTrooper on

• Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Eek, I got your post you sent me a little bit ago, but I'd have to learn more about what this Auto Hot Key is doing and what it expects in order to actually be helpful.

Do you have a link to the actual site where you found that script? Does it happen to explain how it works and what kind of syntax its expecting? It looks like extremely truncated references to Win32 API constants, but I've got no real clue what it means unfortunately. =(

I'll try to take a peek: in the meantime, if anyone else does know don't let me dissuade you from posting! =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095