So, as you may know, Dwayne McDuffie passed away today. He was smart and talented, and a force for racial diversity in comics. He was a co-founder of Milestone media, which put a focus on minority superheroes, wrote this famous pitch
, and worked on one of the finest cartoons in recent memory, Justice League Unlimited.
This installment of Graphic Violence Presents is dedicated to his memory.
Your task is to create a superhero that pays tribute to Dwayne McDuffie in some way. It doesn't have to be SUPER DWAYNE MCDUFFIE (in fact, that may be in poor taste). It could be a minority superhero that doesn't fit into readily available stereotypes. It could, in tribute to his pitch, be someone that rides a skateboard. You could use this contest to create a hero that pokes fun at overabundant stereotypes in comics. The choice is yours!
Now, for the technical stuff.
Here are THE RULES
- Follow basic rules of the forums. That means no porn, no use of things like the N-bomb, etc. Check the rules thread for basic ideas.
- All entries must be able to fit in the character limit of a single post. That's more than enough space.
- Link to images over 200k. Make thumbnails if you have to.
And here are some GUIDELINES
Your entry should contain the following:
- The name of your hero or villain.
- A drawing and/or description of the appearance of your hero or villain.
- An origin story and/or biography of your character.
- Powers and abilities, etc.
You aren't required to include all of these categories, and you may add more, but these should work as basic guidelines.
The deadline for entries is tentatively scheduled for Monday, February 28th before midnight Central time.BONUS FOR THOSE WHO SUCK AT ART
Here's a link to HeroMachine
, where you can do simplified hero designs. It ain't perfect, but it'll do!